Someone Like You

Someone Like You (One-Shot)

 

In a close and quiet room two young men are seated across an attractive young lady with just a small coffee table separating them from each other. The older man took a sip on his caramel macchiato as he smiled unto the girl's question. The younger man bumped Yunho's elbow and looked at him with eager eyes.

"What?" Yunho exclaimed.

"Hyung, this might be your chance to finally say it." Changmin whispered.

"Uhm, Mr. Jung..."

Yunho looked at Changmin intently and looked at his cellphone screen. He looked back to the girl sitting right in front of him with a smile on his face. He pulled out what seemed to be a ring from his pocket. The girl was so shocked that she had to let go of the pen she was holding. Yunho placed the ring unto his ring finger and showed it to her with a huge smile on his face.

"I've been wanting to say this months ago but I just didn't know how. I am finally getting married with the woman I love." Yunho said with his ever so loving tone. "I never knew that I could find a girl that will love me for who I am, not for what I am. She's my strength when I'm weak, she's my joy when I'm in sorrow. I just love her so."

----

The very next day after the interview of Yunho and Changmin news about their interview spread like wild fire. Headlines of different newspapers are all about Yunho's engagement to an unknown girl. Yoochun, who was looking at the front page of the newspaper, sighed as he headed to the room where his best friend was painfully playing the piano.

"Where's the newspaper Yoochun?" The older man demanded.

"There's nothing good in it hyung. Just play the piano."

The older man stood up from where he was sitting and stormed in front of Yoochun and grabbed the newspaper that the younger man was holding. He looked at the headline and read "TVXQ! member U-know Yunho is getting married to the girl of his dreams." Jaejoong tightened his grip unto the newspaper as his tears fell on it. He screamed his lungs out and threw the newspaper on the ground. Yoochun, who was just beside him tried to calm him down with a tight hug as the older man broke down into tears.

"Why...why...why..." Jaejoong cried unto Yoochun's arms.

"Hyung don't cry... stop crying." Yoochun comforted Jae as he hugged him tighter.

 As Jaejoong continued to sob Yoochun noticed Jae's phone on the floor of the far end corner of the room. Yoochun now realized why Jaejoong wanted so badly to see the newspaper. He knew several people already told the oblivious Jaejoong about Yunho and his fiancé. Might as well, Changmin must have called and shove it unto Jaejoong's face. Changmin still has a huge grudge on Jaejoong.

---

All was at ease and exciting for Yunho. His smile was beyond comparable with any happiness. He was finally free with his secret. He finally told his good news to the world. Then it hit him. His happiness could be the sorrow of another. The sorrow of the person he used to love with all his heart. He walked into his room and grabbed the cell phone placed on his side table. He read all the congratulatory messages of his friends when he came across Jaejoong's messages.

"The marriage thing is a good promotional strategy. :>"

"Its fake right?"

"Yunho-ya!"

"I trust your love for me, my Yunnie."

“Why aren’t you replying to me Yunnie?”

Yunho dialled Jaejoong's number and waited for his answer but there was none. He kept on calling and calling until the other man answered it.

"Yunnie!!”

"Jaejoong, how are you?"

"I'm glad you called. I know you still love me. Right? Right?"

"Jaejoong..."

"The marriage thing is really funny." Jaejoong tried to laugh with his sobbing state.

"Jaejoong, I am sorry."

"Don't be sorry for making me laugh!"

"I'm sorry."

"Yunho!! Stop saying sorry!"

"We are long over Jae. Let's just stop this nonsense. I am already getting married. I hope u understand."

"Yunho-yah! Stop with all the jokes! It’s not funny anymore!" Jaejoong stressed out.

"I am serious Jae! I am sick of tolerating all your bull! I am sick of you always clinging on me when it’s obvious that we are long over! I am so sick of it and so, now I hope you could set me free, completely." Yunho burst his frustrations on Jae.

The other man on the line was silent but sobs can be heard from him. He hung up the phone and curled on his bed. He was so lost. He couldn't think straight and he didn't want to move a single inch from where he was. It's been over 7 days that Jaejoong locked himself up in his room. He missed out his schedules and promises he made with producers and fans were broken. Everyone was worried for him; the world couldn't stay still anymore. Even those who are close to him couldn't bring him out of where he is. On the 8th day his body collapsed in front of his family and friends from depression and starvation. He was sent directly to the hospital and was unconscious for 3 days. His figure was so thin and fragile, his skin paler than it used to be.

 "Hyung!" A teary eyed Junsu exclaimed as he hugged Jaejoong who just got his consciousness back. "Don't ever do something like that again!" Junsu cried.

Jaejoong, who was still very weak smiled at the crying man on the side of his bed and spoke with a weak voice. "Did he come by when I was unconscious?"

Yoochun who was standing by Junsu took a deep breath as he answered Jaejoong disappointedly. "He didnt. He's busy."

"Does he know?"

"We told him but..." before Yoochun could even finish what he was going to say, Jaejoong tilted his body to the other side and his tears began to flow again.

"Hyung, you can't be like this! He stopped caring for you, for us, a long time ago!" Yoochun stressed out his anger. "Yes, he is getting married but that doesn't mean that you should stop living!"

Jaejoong lifted himself up to look at the angry Yoochun. "You dont understand the pain i am going through! My life is nothing without him! We are YunJae remember? We are the greatest couple of all time! I am Kim Jaejoong who is for Jung Yunho only!"

"I don't understand? Why? Do you think you are the only one in pain? It hurts me, It hurts Junsu, your family, friends and our fans that you can't even notice how much we need you, how much we care for you!" Yoochun who was already in the brink of falling apart stormed his way out of the room and drove away with his car.

 ---

Changmin stood at the side of Yunho who was looking so far away. He didn't seem to be doing fine. He should be happy for in 2 weeks time he is going to be tied with his vows to the girl he truly loves yet he looks so confused and lost.

"...Am i doing the right thing Min?"

"Of course! Jiyeon is the perfect woman for you!"

"hmmm"

"Are you having second thoughts Jung Yunho? Is this because of that Kim Jaejoong?!"

Yunho looked at Changmin with his piercing eyes "Changmin!"

"Why? It’s true, right?! Snap out of it Hyung! That bastard doesnt give a damn about you! Remember how he left us because of his greed?! If he loved you he would've stayed. He's nothing but a piece of garbage! He's a us..."

"Stop it Changmin! Shut up! I dont want to hear his name ever again." Yunho bursted out.

---

July 11th, Yunho's wedding day. The day that he will be exchanging vows with Jiyeon and become one. Yunho wore his black suit and red tie. He must be the most handsome groom that ever existed. His soon to be wife was wearing a white wedding dress holding her bouquet that was colour coordinated as lavender and white. Yunho waited near the altar as Jiyeon walked her way to where Yunho was, accompanied by her father. It was a solemn wedding ceremony that was only participated by Yunho and Jiyeon's family and close friends.

Despite that, it was a little upsetting for not even Yoochun or Junsu were able to attend. He invited them to come. Yunho and Changmin wanted the two to come even by just dropping by for a while. Yunho still treated the two as his brothers. Yunho cared for Junsu and Yoochun so much. He cared for them the way he cared for Changmin. Changmin didn’t hate them as much as he hated Jaejoong. For Changmin, Jaejoong is the one who destroyed TVXQ, he brainwashed Yoochun and Junsu to go along with him. He is very cunning indeed for destroying the one thing Changmin would die for to keep alive, TVXQ. Jaejoong is selfish, cold and greedy in the eyes of Changmin.

---

Jaejoong sat on his car, looking through his window the new house of Yunho. The place was beautiful and alive. Jaejoong saw a familiar tall figure walking side by side with a woman. It was Yunho and his wife walking their way home. Yunho had that familiar smile that Jaejoong thought only he could bring out of Yunho. "Let me just look at you for 10 more seconds. 10 more seconds and after this, I’ll get over you." Jaejoong told himself as his tears slowly falls but he readily wiped them off.

He counted slowly but surely from 1 to 10. "...7...8...9..." He started his engine and as soon as he reached 10 he drove his car fast to get away from the place. Yunho who has not completely entered the gate looked back at the car that was driven fast, away from the sight of him.

---

A week later, Jaejoong's company announced about Jaejoong's solo mini-concert that will be held a month from then. It was said to be the day that Jaejoong would give back to his fans from the past weeks that he stayed away from the public's eye. For the disappointments that he had caused everyone. It's a one day only concert that will be held in Seoul Olympic Park. A memorable place for Jaejoong for it was the very place that he and TVXQ performed their very first major concert. A place where he knew his dream was finally coming true, the place where he realized his love for Yunho. He was not looking back, he was moving on and this concert is his way of doing so.

On the day of the mini-concert, fans had flocked the place where various spectators and celebrities also attended. Jaejoong prepared himself for whatever that might happen. He prepared himself for the live broadcast of this mini-concert to the public. He performed various songs that he had sung as a solo from OSTs to the singles. He also covered various ballads that everyone enjoyed listening. Half way the performance he gave out his message to his supporters, friends and family. He seemed so happy. He was smiling all through out the concert till he announced that it was already the last song for the night.

"My friends told me to be strong, to live for them, my family and for you. Yoochun told me that when im in pain, so are they." Jaejoong began his little speech."I don't want my friends, family and of course my fans to hurt because of me. This is why I’m moving on. I will start a new chapter and leave all else behind. If after this many will leave me and judge me, i will accept all the criticism because I just want to be true to myself, to everyone."

Jaejoong ended his talk and the music began. It was a familiar English song; it was Adele's Someone Like You that was beginning to play. The crowd was silent through out the last song as Jaejoong sang with all his heart; he sang with all the pain that he had kept inside him. As he ended the song, tear drops from his eyes fall slowly.

"Never mind. Yunho, I'll find someone like you... despite how much I love you, I’m letting you go because I truly did love you."