Diary

Diary

“Oppa!”

Yunho looked up from his iPod, not bothering to hide the fact that he was surprised by the sudden arrival. “Hey, baby. What are you doing here? Aren’t you performing next?”

“Yeah, we are.” Sooyoung replied, dropping a hardbound notebook on his lap. “I just wanted to give you this.”

                Before he could even say anything else, his girlfriend sped out of the room. Yunho could only sigh before he took the notebook in his hands, examining the hard, black cover. Opening the notebook to the front page, his eyes widened as he realized that it was her diary. “Why would she give her diary to me?” He thought out loud. Skimming the notebook a little more, he realized it was like a diary… about the two of them.

                It wasn’t really like a diary. It was more like an album of their pictures together with some scribbles from Sooyoung below every picture. Yunho turned the page to where the first picture was, realizing it was a picture of them during their trainee days. A smile made its way to his lips as he read the comment she wrote below it. It’s be such a long time, right oppa? We were so young back then.

                That was when he understood what he needed to do. Taking his favorite Parker pen from his bag, Yunho wrote something below it in reply. Yeah, it’s been a long time. And you look just as beautiful – if not more – now. Smiling at his work, the DBSK leader turned to the next page and found a picture of them seated on the sofa of the DBSK dorm. He remembered that day so well. It was his birthday and she went there to surprise him.

                Happy birthday, oppa! Happy birthday, oppa! Happy birthday, happy birthday! Happy birthday Yunho oppa! I hope you liked my gift. Yunho laughed, remembering the cake that was decorated to resemble him… supposedly. It was a really good cake, Soo. He wrote. But what mattered most was that you were there.

                Yunho continued to look at the pictures, reading the comments, laughing at the memories before he wrote down his reply to each of them. He turned to another page and a soft smile made its way to his lips as he saw the picture. It was a picture of him and Sooyoung on the night that they had confessed to each other. The dark haired man remembered how he took her to a skating rink in the middle of the night for a big surprise that he had for her.

                This was certainly unexpected, oppa. Thank you. I’m very happy to have you as my first boyfriend. I love you, Yunho oppa. I love really, really do. He read the words his girlfriend wrote below the picture. Yunho smiled softly before he wrote his reply under. I love you more than I could ever love anyone in this world, Soo. I’m one lucky man to have you.

                He continued to reply to every picture that he came across. Most of it were random moments they spent together either with or without extra people while the others were pictures of private dates and vacations they had together. Yunho then made a face as his eyes fell on a very familiar picture of him and his girlfriend… with an additional dolphin. Oppa, don’t look at this like that. Sooyoung wrote. Our vacation wasn’t really that bad, right? Junsu oppa was fun to be with.

The DBSK leader snorted. “I kept seeing his face wherever we were, Soo. We barely had anytime alone.”

                Okay, so it was bad. The dark haired man could only laugh, amused at how she knew his reactions so well. But then again you banned him and everyone else from suddenly popping out of nowhere while we’re on vacation… so to speak. I guess we can say that our vacations got better. He nodded in agreement, scribbling his reply again. It was definitely a good decision to ban all fishies, monkeys, dolphins, well-meaning older brothers and nosy sisters.

                Yunho noted that there were still blank pages left in his girlfriend’s diary as he settled it on his lap along with his pen. He found it incredibly sweet of her to compile on their memories together in a beautiful, amusing book. But as he waited for Sooyoung to return from her performance, his thoughts drifted back to the empty pages in the diary.

He was dead set on making sure that an engagement picture would be next on that list.