[2] Scribbler

SkyDragon's Appreciation

 

 

 

 

Title: Scribbler
Rating: PG in all its glory
Genre: Fluff/High School
Dedicated to: joongie_love
Pairing: B-Bomb/U-Kwon
Disclaimer: I do not own the poem used in this one-shot. All rights belong to the author.
A/N: joongie_love, my fellow YunJae shipper & Cali buddy! You seriously don’t know how much I love the similarities between us & our easy going conversations that are like sweet ice creams on a hot summer day. I seriously love our little chats and I hope they never end even though I barely find the time as life is always so hectic. But but but! I found this really sweet & cute love poem that inspired me to write this one-shot & I hope it makes it up to you. Lastly, thank you once again, my dear, for being my backbone. I truly appreciate it & I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

[P.S.If any of you want to check out the original poem, here is the author’s name: Brain M. Cassata. He has some really sweet poems that I personally like. And yes. I am a weird who loves poems.]

 

 

••••

 

 

“Good afternoon, BBC High School. I am Kim Yoo-Kwon the Scribbler and I am back yet again with another ‘Scribble’ that life has inspired me to write.” The gentle voice of the freshman red-head said as he projected his voice throughout the school’s speaker system; loudly blasting the honey sweet voice across courtyards, inside halls, and within class rooms.

A series of small noise could be heard through the speakers as Yoo-Kwon shuffled through the stack of papers to find that one faded journal entry he had written a couple nights ago. More noise and static could be heard through the speakers as Yoo-Kwon accidently hit his head against the DJ desk when his entry fell to the floor. With a cough to clear his voice, Yoo-Kwon slowly brought his lips back to the microphone.

“As always, my little ‘Scribbles’ are small entries or pieces of my everyday life experiences that I share with you all. This is my way of reaching out to all you youths to let you all know that you are not alone. In high school, we experience stress from schoolwork, pain from straining extracurricular activities, and pressure from parents who have set high goals for us. In high school, we feel emotions and feelings that are suffocating yet thrilling.”

Yoo-Kwon gently said as he gazed up at the black and white ceiling of the technical room that was also the school’s computer lab. He softly smiled to himself as he relieved all the said memories he experience himself when he had started middle school and all the way up to high school. He then slowly brought his eyes back to the microphone and lightly exhaled a gentle breath.

“High school is its very own world. And with that world comes something that we are all too familiar with: love. Each and every one of us has at least experienced love at one point in time with another that we think is our significant other. It could be love at first sight when you pass each other in the hall ways or it could be a budding love that stems from being best friends. Whatever the case, love surrounds us in the years we are in high school. And at times, we don’t even know that love is near us as we blindly pass by it in hopes of finding. Ironic, isn’t it?”

 Yoo-Kwon softly asked with a light chuckle as his melodious laugh traveled through the school speakers into the ears, minds, and hearts of student that were eagerly listening; some not even touching their lunch as they sat frozen and still in fear that they might miss a word.

“And that brings me to today’s ‘Scribble’ as I would like to dwell on the topic of love. Unlike my previous ‘Scribbles’ where I talk about life, family, and school, I would like to dwell into this topic on a more—personal level as I would like to use today’s broadcast to rely a message. A message to a special someone.”

Yoo-Kwon softly and coyly said as a tint of pink rose to his cheeks in sheer delight as his skin glowed in happiness and joy. Yoo-Kwon slowly reached for his journal entry and flipped to the most recent entry as a familiar poem greeted him with bashfulness and giddiness. Yoo-Kwon ran his gaze over the title of the poem that he had come up with after forty minutes of thinking; he was proud of it nonetheless no matter how simple and plain the title seemed.

“So—I have written a small paragraphs of scribbles that, mind you, were done in haste as I did them in the spur of a moment. What I was feeling at that moment—my raw feelings at the time are basically being expressed. Besides, my journal entry is a complete mess as I literally scribbled all over it with my endless thoughts.—Anyways, I ask for your ears as I share an experience that I am sure most of us, if not all, can relate to you.”

Yoo-Kwon softly said as he slowly ran his fingers over the smear and smudged black pen ink that was faded away although the entry was not even a week old. Then again, Yoo-Kwon was not someone who could keep things neither clean nor whole. He was born a clumsy and free-spirited; something the most people love him for.

With one last deep sigh, Yoo-Kwon brought his lips to the microphone as he sincerely and genuinely gushed out his heart that was literally and figuratively scattered onto the paper. He released his clogged up heart of emotions and feelings for that special someone with a gentle whisper.

 

“I love you.

I love you so much for so many reasons.
I love you more and more each day as I am with you.
I love your tender soul that endlessly loves me and protects me.
I love your fleeting and bold heart that never ceases to amaze me.

I love you.

I love your sweet temptations and sensual desires.
I love your body on mine as it slowly fuels our heart’s on fire.
I love holding onto you, my darling, with your tender touch on me.
I love your soft lips caressing mine so very much, that you won my lips.

I love you. I love you.
I love you.”

 

Yoo-Kwon softly backed away from the microphone as his lips trembled in excitement and relief as his hands lightly clutched onto the journal entry that was his heart. His heart for his other half.

He exhaled a series of small breaths before he quickly rampaged his hand for the play button as he blasted a relaxing song; turning the “ON AIR” off while closing the microphone with trembling and flustered fingers.

He had just confessed his love for his other half to the whole school.

Well, somewhat. The school didn’t exactly know who it was that Yoo-Kwon was referring to as Yoo-Kwon rarely gave out personal information; at least not to that extinct. In fact, he and his other half have come to the agreement that is not anyone’s business to know that they are dating. When they first started dating, they agreed that the only ones who should know about their relationship was their parents. Not their best friends, not their siblings ,not their teachers, not their peers, and most certainly not the whole school.

Even more so, most of the people at school think that every “Scribbler Broadcast” is dedicated to Yoo-Kwon’s girlfriend; they do not have a single clue about the fact that Yoo-Kwon has been dating a male for the past three years. Not a female.

But again, that is why Yoo-Kwon and his boyfriend have decided to keep quiet about their relationship as they see no need to reveal themselves. They are very content with the way things are despite the fact that most of the school thinks that Yoo-Kwon has a girlfriend.

And it wasn’t that the two were of afraid of the public and whatnot; it was more of specialness for Yoo-Kwon and his boyfriend as they did not want to share each other nor each other’s love with the world. They wanted to keep it all to themselves; as greedy as that might sound.

“—Well, it wasn’t a nerve-wrecking as I thought it would be.” Yoo-Kwon amusedly said to himself with a small smile as he slowly slumped back into the chair as he gazed at the black and white ceiling. He had fretted and feared this specific broadcast for who knows how long when he decided that he was going to broadcast his love poem to his boyfriend. He wanted to let everyone know that loved his boyfriend yet he didn’t want to let them know.

And the best solution he came up with was a nameless poem.

 

 

 

 

“Wah—” The group of kids in Class A said in unison with open mouths as the speakers slowly tuned into a slow song whereas it was filled with the gentle voice of the ‘Scribbler’ not a minute ago. They all silently listened to the song for a couple of seconds before he rowdiness and craziness of the class returned as the kids ate, played, slept, and goofed around.

 They had always loved the little broadcasts of the ‘Scribbler’ or rather, by Yoo-Kwon, as they would stop everything they were doing at lunch. They, and the whole school, would silently sand motionlessly listen to Yoo-Kwon’s delightful, insightful, and light-hearted poems or entries; they would relate to them as they had felt the exact same things that Yoo-Kwon had scribbled about.

“Man. I wish Yoo-Kwon was my boyfriend.” One of the girls in the class complained as she rested her frowned face onto her hand. A couple of other girls in the class nodded their heads in agreement with her before some males proclaimed that they would love to be friends with Yoo-Kwon.

“Yah. Minhyuk, didn’t you go to the same school as Yoo-Kwon? Are you close to him? Do you know what kind of a person he is?” One of the kids in class asked as other kids swarmed around the desk of the raven-haired boy who was silently sitting in his desk with eyes tenderly glued to the speakers. “Minhyuk? Buddy? You ok?”

The same kid asked again as he noticed how spaced out the raven-haired boy was before he abruptly lunged out of his seat and towards the door; leaving the whole class bewildered and baffled.

Minhyuk, as he was called, swiftly and impatiently ran through the hallways of the immense high school as he eagerly made his way to the set destination. He bumped into various kids, glided through huge crowds, and breathlessly jumped three stairs at a time as he got closer and closer to that one small room.

That small room that was sheltering his heart; his love.

Minhyuk sprinted last few meters to the technical building as the familiar courtyard came into view; he grabbed onto the railing of the staircase and ran upwards with haste. He turned right into a small hallway that only allowed one person at a time to pass before it came to an end with a small brown door hosting the wall.

Minhyuk abruptly brought his feet to a stop as he slowly leaned his back against the wall in attempt to calm his heavy breathing. He inhaled and exhaled a series of times before he cleared his throat and ran his hand over his hair and clothes; fixing any mishaps and creases.

With a clearing to his throat, Minhyuk’s long fingers slowly reached out to the faded doorknob as he slowly turned. He cautiously stepped into the decent sized room that hosted all kinds of material needed for the production video class and club.

But none of that stuff was of relevance to Minhyuk as his eyes, feet, hands, and heart sought out only one thing: Kim Yoo-Kwon.

And there he was. With his back turned to Minhyuk as calmly hummed the tune of the playing song while he neatly stacked out files of playlists into numerous color-coded folders that the school music teacher had assigned him to do so.

Minhyuk’s lips sprouted into a gentle and tender smile that glowed with love and affection towards the younger boy as he slowly and slyly edged closer and closer. Once within a good distance, Minhyuk firmly yet tenderly wrapped his arms around Yoo-Kwon’s shoulder so that his chin was resting on the younger’s shoulder.

“M-Minhyuk—?” Yoo-Kwon asked in a surprised whisper as he shifted his head towards Minhyuk as his lips lightly landed on Minhyuk’s temple. Yoo-Kwon softly smiled to himself as he lightly planted a sweet kiss on the older boy’s temple; with a good amount of silky black hair tickling his lips.

“I love you.” Minhyuk softly whispered onto Yoo-Kwon’s bare shoulder skin as he placed his lips on the pale and milky skin. He tightened his arms around the younger’s slender waist as he drew Yoo-Kwon closer to him; their body’s almost meshed into one as Yoo-Kwon could feel Minhyuk’s thin yet firm chest melting into his back.  

“I know.” Yoo-Kwon naughtily and haughtily said as he released the papers from his hand that scattered all over the desk. He slowly slumped back into Minhyuk’s embrace as his backside was welcome by Minhyuk’s firm body that was more on the slender side. He let Minhyuk’s snake around his waist as they lightly played piano on his sides while Minhyuk’s lips lightly caressed his skin and nape.

“You wrote that, that scribble, for me?” Minhyuk softly asked as his lips declared their claim on Yoo-Kwon’s collarbone and jawline as he nibbled and kissed the sweet skin. Yoo-Kwon softly sighed in content as he nodded his head that was too preoccupied with Minhyuk’s lips, touches, and fingers.

“Mhm. I wrote it on our four year anniversary four days ago.” Yoo-Kwon softly murmured as he let Minhyuk take him away to a world of darkness that was streaked with gold; a color that Yoo-Kwon associated with Minhyuk as it shone the brightest in the dark. “After you dropped me off home, I went straight to my journal and poured out my emotions and feelings of that very second. I was high off of our love, you, our four years together, that night, and everything else. I was on fire and I had to extinguish that fire. So I wrote and poured my heart out onto the paper till it was empty. Till the fire within me evaporated.”

“—And now you have ignited a fire inside me, Yoo-Kwon.” Minhyuk tenderly whispered onto Yoo-Kwon’s temple as he turned the younger boy around so that their noses were lightly brushing one another. The two excitedly yet endearingly gazed into each other’s eyes before Minhyuk closed the gap between their lips; which wasn’t all that much. The two lips collided into a sweet kiss that felt like their first kiss four years ago. Each and every time.

Minhyuk stole a series of kisses from Yoo-Kwon’s lips before he embraced the red-head into a firm hug that was exactly what Yoo-Kwon had written in his poem. A hug that was so warm and tender, Yoo-Kwon felt protected from all the evil in the world.

“How blessed I am to have fallen in love with a scribbler like you.” Minhyuk softly whispered as nestled his face into Yoo-Kwon’s nape while Yoo-Kwon’s wrapped his arms around his older boyfriend’s waist; his face gently buried in Minhyuk’s cinnamon scented shirt. “I love you, my little scribbler.”

 

•End