Homecoming

Homecoming

 

The place went into an uproar the moment he appeared. Thousands of fans had gathered from across the world for this one moment, this one homecoming. Thousands of fans were crying and cheering as he stepped forward and ran into Leeteuk’s arms and embraced the rest of his group.

 

You were standing among those fans, but you weren’t cheering. You were utterly silent. It had been so long since you’d seen him face-to-face, and now that he was back, you felt your breath blown away. He had changed somewhat over the past two years, but then again, he was very much the same. He had the same joy, the same relationship with his band and his friends, the same popularity…the same smile.

 

You didn’t cry when tears of happiness began to flow down his cheeks. You simply waited, simply watched. You took in every moment of his excitement as his fans and friends, his family, welcomed him home. You stood for what must have been hours until, with a final tearful smile and a goodbye from him, the crowd began to disperse.

 

One by one, each supportive fan left, until just he and his bandmates remained…he, his bandmates, and you. He was laughing with Kyuhyun when he looked over the area he thought to be empty and saw a white-clad figure, a white-clad angel, standing there. His laughter immediately died as he noticed you watching. With a nod to his friends, he left the platform and began walking toward you as if in a daze.

 

You took a few steps forward as well, a slight breeze blowing through your long ebony hair. You moved forward until he was just a few feet away. He stood in silence, and you imitated him almost exactly, until your emotionless expression began to break. It was slow, but your eyes reddened and began to flow over with tears as you suddenly leaped into his arms. He caught you gently, wrapping his strong arms around you tightly as you hid your face in the fabric of his uniform, sobbing all the while.

 

He could feel your petite body shaking from the cries as he hugged you even tighter, leaning his chin on your shoulder. “It’s okay, Eunmi-ah. It’s okay. I’m here”

 

You leaned back and looked up at him, your brown eyes red and puffed. “You’re here,” you repeated, as if you still couldn’t believe this was real. To you, it could have been a dream. Just another dream that encased you and made you cry when you woke up and realized it was just that, just a dream. But the warmth of his body, the feeling of his arms around you, they assured you that it was real. It wasn’t a dream. He was here.

 

“I’m here,” he assured you, smiling as he began to cry again.

 

You hugged him tightly as a soft smile finally appeared on your face, though your tears were far from stopped. “You’re here,” you whispered in reply as he kissed you softly on the cheek. “You’re home.”