Keeping Her Away From The Truth

Memories of Memories

Ailee “Heaven”

***********

Tao’s POV~

I rounded a corner with my head down, not bothering to pay much attention to where I was going but almost collided into someone if I didn’t have such reflexes. I quickly walked to my right and looked up to apologize when I couldn’t find the words to come out of my mouth.

Eunjae and I locked eyes for a minute as we tried to say something to one another.

I wanted to reach out and hug her, tell her everything but I knew I couldn’t for two reasons. One - my lips were sealed shut and no sound was coming out of me, and two - EXO-K came out of nowhere and nearly dragged her away from me.

“You shouldn’t be hanging around him; Kai wouldn’t be too thrilled about it.” I heard Chanyeol mutter to Eunjae warningly. She looked back at me and I wanted to talk to her, figure and sort everything out but she was already out of my reach.

They led her as far away from me and this was just an endless cycle. As soon as I had a single moment alone with her, one of the EXO-K members would come in and take her away from me.

I didn’t realize I actually had my hand outstretched until I saw it holding out at the thin air right before me. I scrunched it back into a fist and placed it back at my side, leaving it dangling in disappointment.

Eunjae’s POV~

“Attention students, the results to your finals, if you have taken them, have been posted on the bulletin board outside the main office. I repeat: the results to your finals, if you have taken them, have been posted on the bulletin board outside the main office. That is all.”

The announcement rang through the classroom and everyone was in a panic frenzy. Students were anxiously whispering amongst one another, exaggerating their results saying they’ll probably be shipped out to a military academy due to their low scores.

I would be lying if I said I was as cool as a cucumber, but I managed to hold myself together. It was last period and there were only a few minutes left of class. My hands were folded on top of my desk and I stared at the clock, a bad habit I’ve developed in an attempt to make time go by faster through my unwavering gaze.

The bell rung and students ran out of the class straight to the office, all of them ignoring the teacher’s scolding.

I shuffled behind them and was only met with shock, seeing the sea of students crowd around the bulletin board. I hopped off my spot to try and peer over the heads and saw a glimpse of the papers stapled to the board. They were numbered by classes and then rankings. There was a certain score you had to have in order to pass and move onto the next year where they specifically marked a red line on the page. Anyone below that might as well begin to pack their bags and start applying to other schools.

After a few minutes the crowd thinned out and I was able to move up to the front of the line.

People were aggressively shoving past one another and I finally managed to find the freshman class rankings. I swallowed in fear, seeing that the line began near the middle of the page in comparison to the other upperclassman whose line began at least ¾ of the way down.

I looked at the freshman class and started from the bottom of the red line upwards. My name wasn’t there and the closer I got to the top, the faster my heart began to beat until I found my name.

Park Eunjae – 2100/2100

I stood there for a minute, trying to grasp the idea that I got a perfect score and was the number one student thus far in my class, until I was put back into reality when people began to shove past me forcing me to move back.

I had a fool’s smile plastered onto my face and I quickly covered it up, quite self-conscience in case anyone saw me smiling like this.

“Hey, how’d you do?” Kai asked coming up behind me. I turned around and completely forgot about my cheesy smile, telling him that I got a perfect score.

He gave me a warm smile and congratulated me, telling me that he’ll meet me back in the parking lot after he took care of some errands.

Call me childish but I really wished he’d praise me more.

I could imagine Tao ruffling my head and telling me that he knew I could do it.

You couldn’t have done this without Tao. He was the one who helped you through all those days of studying.

My conscience was right and just at the memory; all of my happiness broke and was taken over my grief with a heavy heart.

Tao…is it wrong to miss you? 

 ****************

Hey guys sorry but I'm gonna be on a 3 week haitus b/c I'll be on vacation >_<  

Hope this double update will hold you guys off for a while :)

AKJHSGFKAJHGA Who else saw After School's y comeback  "Flashback" ?!?!?! *O*

Comment, subscribe, share <3