Calling... kpoplistener

♨ Kimchi Dumplings Review Shop ♨ || Closed Hiatus ||

 

Aish! That Jung Daehyun! --->Reviewed by AyoWhatUpKrease

Title[5/5]: Title is fine :) Connotates that the story will be a romantic comedy.

Design(Posters, Font Color, Font Style, and Backgrounds)[5/5]: I love all of your posters!! They're lovely. Font, style, etc is fine.

Description & Foreword [5/10]: The description is generic. It sounds like something I'd read off the back of a rom-com, which I know is the intention, but it doesn't really make me want to read the story. On a side note, I like all the pictures in the foreward. I don't think putting the information for the two characters is important though.

Plot and Characters[20/30]: The plot is generic, which is actually something I can usually live with. However, I'm not a fan of the overly-rapid character development. I'm happy that there are conflicts in the story, I just don't think they are as developed as they could be, and they aren't as interesting as they could be. Namjoo vs. Daehyun, then Namjoo vs. Jealous girl... it's over-used. I like over-used plots just fine, as long as they have conflicts and style that set them apart. The story makes a fine romantic comedy, but it doesn't go far beyond that.

Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation/Word Chose[18/25]: You need to go through your story again. There are some grammar mistakes, and some of your sentences are choppy and incomplete. Your word choices aren't exactly stand-out or powerful, but they fit with the story so they're fine. 

 

An example of your choppiness:

"I'm pretty used to it, since I danced on this stage for four years. Yet, it feels weird when you're up here with a popular idol group."

First of all, you have to define what 'it' is. Yes, in the previous sentence you were talking about cheering. But in order for the sentence to be complete, it needs a proper subject. Also, think of commas as a pause. Then, say the sentence out loud. The pause after 'It' and 'Yet' are both awkward. As a rule of thumb with commas, you should make sure to say the sentence out loud, pausing whenever you write a comma in. If it sounds natural, the comma is in the right spot. Otherwise, you remove it.

Flow[6/10]: I don't like the unnatural progression of your story, and the lack of background information. Namjoo is already living with them in almost the first chapter, and it's strange because for most people that is a huge awkward step in life. Plus, she's moving in with total strangers and she supposedly hates on of them. Daehyun is starting to develop feelings very early on, too, and it's all just unrealistic.

Overall Enjoyment[7.5/15]: This story is not really my cup of tea. I wouldn't be too discouraged by that fact because, well, you have a fan-base that is full of devoted readers. In the fture, if you want to write in a more mature way, I'd think about slowing the pace down a bit and making sure the progression is realistic. 

Grade: 66.5%