Final~ 

A violinist~

 

Kirstine had just received her stuff and went out to catch a taxi for her hotel. She had no idea of where to go herself and luckily she found a sweet taxi-driver whose English was better than she could hope for.

Even though she had tried to learn Korean herself it wasn’t the best yet and she was a bit insecure in the language.

As the taxi-driver helped her with getting her stuff in the back of the car, someone bumped into her. She turned around in surprise and saw a guy whose face was covered in shadows by a big hoodie and his eyes hidden behind some sunglasses. He bowed.

“Sorry,” he mumbled in English, “I didn’t see you…” She bowed too with a smile.

“It’s okay!”

 

Henrywas in a hurry. He had decided to take the subway to the dorm instead of paying a taxi so he didn’t really watch where he ran. When he ran into a girl who was getting her stuff at the taxi, he felt sorry. How many had he been close to run into on the way? He took a fast look at her face.

She wasn’t Asian. Maybe European? Her English-accent was good and she didn’t scold him for running into her.

“Are you in a hurry?” she asked after he apologized again. He smiled and nodded.

“I have to get to the subway,” he said, “I’m really sorry. Enjoy your stay in Korea!” he bowed again and hurried away before she got time to recognize him – if she was a fan it was.

As the hallyu-wave spread he got recognized a lot more in the streets, not only when he moved around in Asia but also when he were back in Canada or when he had been in New York and Boston with his friends. It was a lot of fun and he enjoyed it but sometimes he also wished to walk in the streets without people staring after him.

 

“Miss, are you ready to go?” The taxi-driver was finish with placing her luggage in the back of his car and now looked at her. She was looking after the guy, watching him from afar. When the taxidriver spoke she got pulled out of her daze and nodded.

“Yes… I’m sorry,” she smiled and went into the car where she gave the driver the directions to the hotel.

On the way to the hotel the driver happily told her about places that was worth a visit and even through she already had a lot planned from home, she listened well and silently noted it.

Maybe she got bored one day?

“We’re here,” the driver announced and stopped the car after twenty minutes of driving around in the streets. She looked out and saw the hotel. It looked good – not too expensive but definitely not something old and cheap either.

Something that suit her economy.

“Thank you,” she smiled and handed the driver some of the money she had got back in Denmark where she came from, “is this enough?” The driver nodded with a smile and was on his way to give her some money back but it wasn’t much. She refused.

“Just keep it,” she smiled. He had been so nice all the way and she could miss 2000 won without getting poor.

“Thank you,” he said and send her a smile as he got out and helped her with her suitcases and the violin.

“Thanks for the trip,” she send him a smile.

“You’re welcome. Enjoy your stay in South Korea,” the taxi driver bowed for her before he got back in the car and drove off. She looked after him before she went into the hotel.

 

It had already been a week. Henry had surprised his hyungs when they arrived the dorm after a late schedule and they all seemed very happy to see him again. Even though they were busy with their promotions, Henry either followed them around their schedules or met up with friends as f(x)’s Amber or SHINee’s Key.

That day he was with Amber and the two of them had decided to disguise themselves and go to a market in a nearby park to look around.  They bought some cherries from an old ahjumma and had fun watching some kids feeding the ducks in a little lake in the park. As they walked around they suddenly saw a bunch of people surround something and when they listened it was violinmusic the people seemed to be listening to.

As a violinist himself, Henry wanted to get nearer to listen and he pulled Amber with him through the crowd.

It was that girl! He didn’t forget her face, it was the girl he ran into at the airport! Normally he would forget the face – he met so many new people all the time, but he remembered her face.

“Can you also play that?” Amber asked Henry teasing and he nodded.

“It’s by Emilie Autumn… I can’t remember the title right now though,” he scratched his neck. He hated when that happened but even though he tried to remember, he was fascinated by the girl.

She wasn’t really tall. She had long brown hair, blue eyes under some glasses and a concentrated expression on her face. She seemed to be in another world as she played, she seemed to enjoy it.

Suddenly Henry felt the urge to go home, get his violin and return to play with her.

That night when Henry laid in his bed, he remembered the name of the song.

Revelry.

 

Kirstinehad lots of fun in Korea. She visited all the famous places near the hotel the first couple of days and took a lot of pictures. Some days she brought her violin and played for the sake of good memories and she enjoyed when people stopped to listen to her playing. Some even gave her some money for it.

A couple of times, some Korean kids came and asked if they could get a picture with her, which amused her. Why take a picture with a simple street-musician? Every time she agreed though and also asked the parents to take a picture with her camera.

That was also memories.

It was a windy day that day. She had decided to go to Namsan tower to leave a locket like so many others. Even though it often was couples who visited, that wasn’t what stopped her.

Life changes like the weather.
- Kirstine, September 2011

That was what she wrote on the locket before she fastened it. Couples would usually write stuff to keep them bonded forever and whatnot, but that was what she felt to write as she stood there and felt the wind.

After going down from the tower, she decided to stop by a café to get some hot chocolate to get warm on. She had looked up the address for Super Junior Yesung’s parent’s café back at the hotel since it was a place she wanted to visit before she returned to Denmark – and the location wasn’t that far away from Namsan as it could be. She took a taxi to the destination and was happy when she saw the café. Maybe she was lucky enough to be serviced by Yesung? She had heard about a lot of fans who had been it since Yesung often came to the café on his days off to help his family.

 

Henrywas bored. His hyungs were busy, either with schedules or visiting families or friends. The only one who was left back in the form was Yesung and he seemed to be heading out soon too.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Henry asked, “can I come with you?” Yesung looked at the maknae with a smile.

“My parents needs help with the café so I promised to come… will you disturb me or behave?” He said the last sentence in a teasing tone and Henry laughed.

“Of course I’ll disturb you and create a big mess in the café!” he said playfully, “can I come?!” Yesung nodded with a smile.

“Of course. But no mess,” he took his car keys, “come on Canadian!”

 

“What can I do for you?” a young man stood in front of Kirstine, ready to take her order. She looked at the menu above his head and nodded.

“One cup of hot chocolate and a cupcake,” she said with a smile. At least her Korean was good enough to allow her to order food. He took the order down.

“Anything else?” he asked with a smile. She shook her head.

“No thanks,” she found her purse.

“Eat her or to take with you?”

“Eat here… how much?”

She went to a table in the back of the café and sat down.

 

Yesung and Henry arrived the café and got greeted by Yesung’s brother.

“Many customers today?” Yesung asked and took the apron around his neck.

“Actually, here is really quiet today,” his brother said, “we have the usual old couple and then a girl who looks like she is from Europe or something… she spoke Korean though,” he scratched his neck, “but thanks for helping me out,” he smiled. Henry didn’t found the brothers conversation exciting. Yesung came to take his brother’s shift because the brother should meet with his girlfriend’s family or something. Henry decided to look around – he hadn’t been here since the café just opened.

“Hyung, I’ll look around,” he said before he left without waiting for an answer. He bowed his head for the old married couple as he passed them. Then he met Yesung’s mother who was cleaning some tables.

“Annyeong,” he said cutely and she looked up.

“Henry ah! I haven’t seen you for a while!” she smiled and gave him a hug, “how are you?” Henry smiled and sat down on a chair.

“I’m fine. I came here with Yesung hyung,” he tilted his head, “do you need help with anything?”

“Can you clean the tables in the back? There is a girl there but just the other tables,” she said, “I need to get back to the kitchen.” He nodded with a smile before he send her back to the kitchen. As he took the hot water and the cloth. The girl who sat there looked up when he neared and he paused.

It was her.

The girl from the airport.

The girl who played violin in the park.

It was her.

 

Kirstinealso froze when she saw him. They just stared at each other and her cheeks started burning. She knew him – of course she did! It was Henry Lau! She admired his violin skills and she couldn’t avoid that he looked cute too.

“Henry ah, can you-” Yesung came walking behind Henry but stopped when he saw the two of them stare at each other. She lowered her gaze when Yesung came and Henry turned around.

“H-hyung,” he said, “what’s the matter?” Kirstine couldn’t believe it. She was so close to those two! Closer than ever…

“Mum… mum just asked if you wanted anything to drink,” Yesung said, “while cleaning…” Henry nodded.

“A milkshake, vanilla-flavor!” he said. Then Yesung turned against the girl.

“Your order will be here in a minute,” he said with a smile and bowed before he left. She nodded slowly and watched him leave.

Her friends back in Denmark wouldn’t believe her when she told them she had met both Henry and Yesung.

“You’re playing violin, right?” a voice in English asked. Surprised she looked up and saw Henry sit at the table beside her and look like he was cleaning. She nodded surprised.

“I… I do,” she said, “how did you… how did you know?” Henry send her a smile.

“I saw you play in a park some days ago. It sounded beautiful,” he complimented, “I was also the guy who ran into you in the airport… sorry for that…” He didn’t plan on telling her the last fact so he was just as surprised as her when he said it.

“I… you were?” she asked, “I… it’s… it’s okay,” her eyes were widened, “I’m not mad… I’m…”

 

When Yesung came with both Henry and Kirstine’s orders, the two of them actually talked pretty well, mostly about the violin and such. She felt more than happy that she was able to talk to him about this – it was like a dream! He was really talkative and even though he had to clean the tables he was great company.

“How long are you going to stay in Korea?” He asked her. She had just finished her cupcake and fast calculated the weeks before she answered.

“Two and a half month. Why?” she smiled and he looked at her.

“I’m having a violin-stage at a TV-program soon and I want to challenge a duet,” he said, “if you want to, I wanna play with you!” he send her a cute smile and she froze.

Henry Lau.

Her.

Playing violin?

Together?

On stage?

A duet?!

A DUET WITH HENRY LAU?! IS HE FREAKING KIDDING?!

“W-why? We… w-we just met!” I said, making him pout.

“You don’t want to?” he asked and I shook my head.

“No! Or, yes, I want to!” She smiled, “I’m very honored…” She remembered to bow her head and he smiled.

“Really? Cool!” He chuckled. He didn’t know the girl but he had a good feel about her.

Usually, he wouldn’t ever ask such thing to a stranger, really.

But sometimes, it was worth a little risk, right? Plus, it was third time within two weeks he saw her. Kyuhyun had told him a lot of time that he believed in destiny… was this destiny?

 

The following days they met up at the same café they met at with their violins. Yesung’s parents didn’t mind as long as the guests didn’t got too disturbed and since they hid behind when they played, it was okay.

Kirstinemade lots of mistakes in the start – part of the reason was that she couldn’t focus since Henry were right beside her, another was that she didn’t know the song.

Luckily Henry was a good teachter and after a couple of days she almost mastered the piece after practicing a lot, both alone and with Henry. When they hang out together, they also talked about their countries and places they wanted to visit, they talked about friends and family and they talked about the future.

When Henry returned to the dorm after each day, the members wanted to know why he suddenly wanted to do a duet with a stranger. They also asked him out about her, but he didn’t gave them the answers they wanted to get. That was when they started asking Yesung.

“Is she pretty?”

“Does he like her?”

“Does she like him!?”

Poor Yesung had only seen the two of them together once and that was the first time – since he had been busy with schedules ever since.

“She is pretty. If they like each other, I don’t know!” Yesung complained and send a gaze against Henry who sat in the corner of the room and either texted someone or practiced on his violin.

“Can’t you ask your brother or something?” Eunhyuk asked – he was really curious about this girl their maknae spend so much time with openly. It was in public and everything!

 

Kirstinewas doing the same thing as Henry. Either practicing violin or texting.

The date neared – the date they had to go on that TV-show, and she was nervous. Would she do it without failing? She had to! Henry trusted her and everything… she couldn’t let him down.

Honestly, she had also started getting feelings for him. How couldn’t she? He was funny, sweet and good-looking. And he was amazing at violin. But she didn’t allow herself to get feelings for him.

He was a star, she wasn’t.

She lived in Denmark, he didn’t.

It couldn’t turn out as she wished… and she was fine with it, right? It was okay… right?

 

Hyung’s have asked me to invite you for dinner tonight. Do you want to?
It’s okay if you say no :)

 

That was a message that surprised her. A dinner? At Super Junior’s place?!

Why did they want to meet her? Because she was playing violin with Henry? A second later another message came.

 

Bring your violin too… if you decides to come, I mean <.<’

 

This would be interesting.

 

Henry was nervous. He wasn’t sure why, maybe it was because it was the first time ever he had a friend for dinner? At least at the dorm it was.

He was also sure that his hyungs would be very embarrassing as soon as she arrived. She had texted him that she would come and he had given her the address.

“Does she speak Korean?” Shindong asked and got Henry pulled out of his thoughts. He looked up and paused.

“Uhm… I think she speaks basics? I don’t know,” he smiled, “we only speak English when we’re together~”

“What do we do if she don’t understand Korean?” Sungmin asked, “we only know basics English…”

“We… have fun as always?” Eunhyuk suggested, “and try to be funny in body language…”

“Guys, it’s not my girlfriend who is coming,” Henry said, “it’s my duet-partner. You’re making such a big deal out of it!”

“It’s your future girlfriend maybe?” Eunhyuk teased, “be happy that you have awesome hyungs like us to help you!”

For Henry, that wasn’t a good thing.

 

Kirstinewas nervous. A security guard had stopped her when she wanted to enter the building that laid on Henry’s address. The man didn’t spoke English and her Korean wasn’t good enough for explaining the situation. She ended outside where she had to call Henry.

As she waited for him, the nervousness grew. Her Korean was bad, she just realized and after what she knew, Super Junior wasn’t really good at English. Siwon was okay and the members could present themselves but not more. Would she be able to get through the night without too much awkwardness?

“I’m sorry, I didn’t tell the security guard you came.” Henry suddenly stood right beside her, “are you cold?” She turned against him with a smile and shook her head.

“It’s okay,” she said, “but it would be nice to get in before it starts raining,” she looked at the sky. It was some pretty dark clouds and it looked like the rain could start any minute.

“Yeah… come,” without realizing Henry took her violin-case from her hand before he grabbed it and pulled her with him inside. Kirstine was flustered. Henry held her hand.

Henry held her hand.

Henry Lau held her hand.

He first seemed to realize it as they reached the elevators and he didn’t knew what to do. He couldn’t arrive with her to the dorm holding her hand and if he suddenly removed it, it would be weird too. They went into the elevator and as they had entered, it became awkward. She was the one to remove her hand and ask which floor they were going to.

 

The dinner was a funny thing. The members did act out a lot of scenes but Kirstine didn’t get every of them. She was too fascinated by being in their company to notice Donghae and Eunhyuk’s extended skinship and Heechul’s kissing faces to Henry.

Henryon the other hand was ready to die. It was so embarrassing and he was happy that his partner didn’t seem to notice it. What if she got the thought that he liked her?

Wait…

He did like her… didn’t he?

No… he didn’t.

Did he?

Yes…

After dinner, the members ordered Henry and Kirstine to play their duet, something they both refused at first but ended up doing anyways.

“Try to catch her gaze,” Eunhyuk whispered and elbowed Henry as they were preparing, “it’ll give a good effect~” Henry send his hyung a scowl.

“Don’t even try to get any ideas hyung. If you wanna hear, don’t interrupt!” he pointed at him with the bow, “sit!” Kirstine looked curious against them. She had gotten that with catching the gaze and afterwards Henry ordering Eunhyuk to stay out of it. She smiled a bit and shook her head to herself.

“I’m ready,” she said and lifted the violin to her neck.

Weird enough, as they played, both of them were getting much more eye-contact than usually and that made both of them blush, look down and then look again some seconds later.

Even though the members enjoyed the violin-play, not all sat like Siwon with closed eyes. They also noticed the glances between the duet-partners and more of them smirked. Something was definitely going on where ether the two of them knew or not. The question was if they should do anything about it?

 

Later that night, Henry brought her to the roof to talk a place with less people – he was getting a headache by his hyungs.

“You aren’t freezing?” he asked concerned – it wasn’t windy anymore and there wasn’t any rain but it was cold.

“I’m fine,” she smiled and pulled her jacket closer around her shoulders.

“Do you… when was it you were going back?” Henry looked at her. She looked back at him and smiled a bit.

“Around two months,” she said, “then back to work…” Henry bit his lip. He didn’t want her to leave. He liked her company and even though he would be going to different countries with his group, he wanted her to come too.

What was that feeling?

Was his hyungs right? Did he fell for her? Have feelings towards her even though they’d only known each other for a week? Wasn’t it impossible?

He looked against her and saw her shiver while looking over the town. She was freezing… even though she had told him that she was okay. He hesitated. Wouldn’t it be too cliché if he just gave her his jacket?

Kirstineregret she didn’t bring a warmer jacket, but tried not to show it. She focused on all the light she could see over the town. Back where she came from that would never be possible – maybe in the capital but not half as much and beautiful as the night view in Seoul. A jacket suddenly got placed on her shoulders like in movies and she looked up and saw Henry stand behind her with a smile.

“When you freeze, say it,” he said, “you can’t be sick for our duet. I won’t allow it.”

She couldn’t help but smile as he said it.

“Thanks,” she said, “but-” He laid his arms around her waist and his head on her shoulders.

“Don’t get cold~” he sang and she widened her eyes. What happened?! He had never shown anything near skinship before…

Okay, he had held her hand when he picked her up earlier.

Did he like her too? She were afraid to turn her head because his were so close but she also wanted to watch him that close. His grip fastened around her waist and she got a shock again.

What was this?

“Kirstine? I think I like you,” she heard a whisper, “do you like me too?” Because of those words she turned her head against him and their face were an inch from each other. It was his turn to be surprised but he didn’t pull away.

“I…” she was speechless. How could she answer? Yes, she liked him too.

Before she got a change to answer he leaned against her and pecked her lips.

As she didn’t push him back he took it as a yes.

 

A/N: GUYS, THIS WAS NOT HOW I IMAGINED IT TO BE! OTL

I wanted the ending to be better, but idk why I couldn't... I'm so sorry! D: Especially towards you Whaley ;; I hope you liked it anyways...
I liked the start though :D How they kept on meeting and such... heh. :D It was first after they met I got a bit... yeah... <.<' Okay, I have mixed feelings here xD

Well, leave a comment anyways :D Bye~