Oh joy

Crossed Paths

 

                “Here are the forms.” You handed the folder to the lady behind the wooden desk.

                “Okay, thank you and welcome to Woollim High, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I’ll see you on Monday to give you your schedule and textbooks. Please arrive early.” You nodded and politely bowed once before standing up to leave the room. You quietly walked through the gray painted hallway. I wonder how appa is doing now. About two months had passed since the day you departed Japan, two months since you’ve left your dad.

                You had managed to find a job that gave you a decent wage. Working as a waitress at a bar wasn’t all that fun though, especially with all those pedos/guys that enjoyed feeling you up whenever you serve them, then threatening to tell the manager if you talked back rudely to them or hurt them in anyway. Not that it mattered; they were usually drunks who did that. You sighed for the umpteenth time and stepped over a crack on the stairs that led you outside the old school.

                “HEY WATCH OUT! HEADS UP!” A voice shouted from not too far away.  Being the person you were, you looked up and was nearly attacked by an incoming football that looked like a spiraling UFO. Your hands automatically reached out, catching the football before you ended up in the ER with a broken nose. “Holy , that was a nice catch girl.” The male caught up to her and panted lightly. You glanced down at the ball in your hand and then looked back at him. He rose out his left hand and you in return gave him raised eyebrows. “Uh…ball please?” Oh. You softly tossed it to him. The boy caught it with one hand. You passed him as you walked towards the gates. He turned and quickly caught onto your wrist. Your eyes widen and by instinct you whipped your other hand to his face.

                Your nail was only about a cm away from marking his face. The male’s eyes were twice the normal size, which wasn’t very big considering that he didn’t have big eyes in the first place. You slowly came back to reality and noticed where your hand was located. Quickly placing your hand down and taking your hand out of his loose grip, you ran out. Oh oh oh . That was too close.

                Sunggyu watched as your left in a hurry. He reached up to touch his cheek. That was fast….and I didn’t even see that coming. And to think, I’m a jjang. He chuckled at himself, not feeling any anger because of what you’ve done just now. He thought about you again. She was pretty…Heh,I think this school year just got more interesting. At that moment, Sungyeol ran over with a pout on his face.

                “Yah hyung, how long are you going to stand there? Throw the ball already. It’s boring to play catch the football when there’s no football to catch y’know. It’s like eating ice cream on a cone without the ice cream, it’s nasty.” Sungyeol complained while throwing his hands up in the air. He pointed to a figure who farther away. “L and Dongwoo hyung are waiting. Palliwa palli!” Sunggyu rolled his eyes and instead of throwing it to the two distant figures, he threw it straight at the choding younger who was surprised at the sudden impact against his stomach. “OWWW. OK THAT HURT.”

                “You deserved it. I’m going back to the club; tell them to come later okay?” He called out. Sungyeol waved him off. “Yeah yeah hyung leader sir. YOU READY L? HERE COMES MY ULTRA-FANTASTIC-WOWZER-LAGTASTIC-AWESOME-DAEBAK SPIRAL THROW!” He shrieked and pulled his arm back, he threw it forward and indeed it was a perfect spiral. Only that it ended up falling 5ft from where he stood. From a far, L and Dongwoo laughed giddily at the choding’s failure. Sungyeol blushed furiously and ran to pick up the football. “T-that was a practice throw! I’ll do the real one this time!” He took a deep breath and brought his arm back again. He threw it forward as hard and far as he could. This time, it went higher and much further than the first throw. L reached up to catch up but it only brushed passed his fingers and he dropped to the floor in disbelief.

                “Damn. That was close.” The ball continued to far and Dongwoo jumped out to reach for it. What he didn’t see was an innocent looking rock that was in front of him. He tripped and fell to the floor in a hump. Groaning, he continued to lay on the floor.

CRACK

                All three heads snapped up at the sound. While Sungyeol was busy congratulating himself, L was too pre occupied with scolding himself for not catching Sungyeol’s throw, and Dongwoo was on the floor, the ball had continued to flown by and a window happened to be in its way. It also happened that the window was open and the ball went in. It crashed into some test tubes resulting in jars and tubes falling to the floor. All three sets of eyes widen. They looked at each other and the same thought went through each of their minds. Oh crap. Sungyeol, L, and Dongwoo all ran to the gates to escape getting in trouble.

                “RUN MUTHER ER RUN.” Sungyeol screamed in a high pitched voice. They ran by LUCIFER, which was a bar. They didn’t notice a girl in an alley with two other guys. They had cornered her, trapping her so that she wouldn’t be able to run.

                “Hey girlie, how you like to be our toy for the night?”



 

-_Mirotic 

Done! (;