Leaving

Crossed Paths

"Appa," You said for maybe the last time in your life.  Tears began to slide down your cheeks.  "I'll miss you so much... Do I really need to leave Japan without you?"

"Taeun, it's for your own good." Your father replied sadly.  "I'm going to try to make some money here in Japan and I'll join you meet you later in Korea.  We need all the money we can get, since your haha (japanese for mother) spent the majority of it gambling.  Soe, I still have a job here in the company.  I'm not going to make much, but the little amount of money is going to make a difference."

"But can't you just get a new job in Korea?" You protested, biting your lower lip.

He shook his head.  "Aniyo.  You know how hard it is to find a job these days.  It's going to be more difficult if I try to find a job in a new country.  Don't worry, everything will be fine, Taeun."  Trying to push back all the sad things, he said, "Look on the bright side! You're going to start a new life in a new country.  Isn't that what you wanted? To stop fighting others all the time?"

This was one of the reasons why you loved your appa.  He always looked on the bright side.  But it was still hard to let go, after spending sixteen years of your life with him in Japan.

You hugged him and sobbed harder.  "Appa..."

He your hair.  "Don't worry.  Everything will be alright," He said firmly.  He seemed to really believe in his words.  You weren't so sure though.

"The gates to the plane flying to Korea will be closing in two minutes," A worker at the airport announced.

"Haiyaku, Taeun.  Don't miss your flight," Your father urged, breaking apart from the hug and patted your head.

You nodded, tears still flowing down your cheeks.  "Appa, sayounara.."

"Annyeong..." He said, in his native language.  But you understood.  You were half-Korean, after all.

You walked to the gate, giving your boarding pass to the flight attendant.  She took a look at your pass and gently tore off some part of it.  Then she handed it back to you, giving you an approving look.  You slowly walked through the gate, took a deep breath and you looked back at your appa, maybe for the last time.  You waved.

He waved back and smiled at you, despite the tears that were about to fall.

You walked through and the gates closed.  Minutes later, you were on the plane and you instantly fell asleep. Goodbye, appa.  Goodbye, Japan, you thought.

Hours later, you woke up and saw the unfamiliar scenery outside the window.  

Hello, Korea.


~Written by BlueeeSkiies (:

Guys, don't hate me for the bad beginning D;

I tried!!!

And sorry for the short chapter ):

I hope you enjoyed it though! ^ ^