Unexpected

Unexpected gift.

I snapped out from a daze as the door bell rang incessantly . I stood up from my aged chair to answer the door. It was Mr. Huckles , the postman with a cheerful smile plastered on his wrinkled face.

"How time flies, you look beautiful today _____." he complimented .

" Well thank you Mr Huckles. You look as perky as usual . " I smiled sweetly. He merrily grinned and pass me a parcel. Suprised , I took the brown parcel from his hands and signed the papers .

" Goodbye ____" he slowly walked to his mail van . I waved and slowly closed the door and placed the parcel on the floor.  

I laid on the floor closely examining it. Millions of unanswered questions went through my mind . I quickly stood up and opened the box . I took off the tape and unwrapped the parcel gingerly . It was a pretty pink box , my favorite color . I curiously lifted up the lid and found a stack of scrapbooks bounded by a purple satin ribbon . I untied it and something in the box caught my eye , a glossy blue letter.

On it says " My dear _____ , it's been 3 years since I left for Korea . I hope you haven't forgotten who I am . I know this is really unexpected but this is my gift for you on your birthday . I hope you will appreciate my sincerity . Best wishes for your studies.I really miss you.  Your silly boy , Peniel."

"Peniel.....hmmm..." I mumbled , trying to place my fingers on who he was.

It was familiar. Finally it rang my bells. He was my first crush , first friend and my truly awesome best friend .  I flipped the scrapbooks and sit on my bed reading them. Tears gathered in my eyes . It was a diary that he written  since when we were 7 . My family had moved from NY to Chicago. I was soft-spoken , shy but he still approach me to be my friend. His eyes would always spark whenever I had icecream stained on my mouth. Memories flooded back into my mind , including the ecstatic moments that seemed to last and the unpleasant moments that seemed to dominate our friendship.  

It's been 3 years since we talked to each other . There was an argument about Janice , the pretty but mean girl since then whenever he approach me I would give him the cold shoulders and left him hanging. I was filled with envy and deeply hurt . We stopped going to school together so did our memorable heart to heart talk in my treehouse during midnight. Our friendship couldn't be salvaged . After 1 year after the argument , his family migrated to Korea. It was hard to forget our friendship at first but through school , I managed to divert my attention . I could see he has been the one clinging onto our friendship . Tear stained , I found myself at the end of the page .

His cursive pen writing  " I was wrong , blinded . Just to let you know no matter what day it is  , you are only girl on my mind. Everyday you make my heart sway. I'm sorry to make you cry. I love you and miss you."  it was a blow,  I cried badly . I found tear stains on the book . It belonged to him, he showed his true feelings.

 "Ding" the sound abruptly came from my laptop. I flipped it up and saw his chat box. He was trying to webcam with me. I quickly wiped my tears but it could not hide my redden nose and swollen eyes quickly rummage my closet and took my heather grey hoodie amd put the hood to cover my face.

" Hi _____." his sweet voice spoke up and I burst unexpectedly after hearing his voice . " What's the matter ____? Don't cry , it hurts me to see you like this." his worried voice came through the speakers . I felt so guilty for ignoring him . I breathe in and answered him "Hi Peniel, it's been so long. " he smiled after hearing my voice . " You haven't changed much, you're still pretty even with your tear, but you'll look more beautiful when you smile." I skittishly laughed   .  After a long chat,  I found out he was already an idol , the rapper for the new rookie group ,BTOB.  My head was down and looked at my legs

"____, you would wait for me right?" he asked shyly .

I look up in a daze trying to capture what he said again. "Pardon!?"  i was dumbfounded , he laughed and repeated it again.

My heart fluttered and my whole mind veered out of its course .  I nodded and he let out another cute laugh. He kissed the webcam and left for his schedule .  I took the scrapbooks, stacked them on my shelf in an orderly manner smiling to myself thinking about the beautiful memories we shared.                          

 

                                                                                                    The end

                                                                            That's all folks ^^ hope you enjoyed it.