It's Not With Me

It's Not With Me

“Leave before I kick you out of the door.”

Yunho was completely unfazed by the normally calm, collected and less threatening maknae of SNSD. “Hyun, I need to talk to Soo.”

Seohyun frowned heavily at him. “After you broke up with her and more importantly broke her heart? No way, oppa. No way.”

“You don’t understand.” He shook his head.

Jessica appeared by the maknae’s side; a glare on her beautiful face. “Oppa, get out.”

“I need to talk to Soo.” Yunho repeated. “I’m not going anywhere until I do.”

“Girls, let him.”

“Unnie? Why?” Yuri shot the other leader in the living room a questioning look.

Taeyeon sighed, keeping her attention focused solely on Yunho. “I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing. There’s a chance she’ll throw you out of her room herself… Don’t say you weren’t warned.”

“Whatever happens, she needs to hear what I have to say.” A ghost of a smile appeared on his face. “She needs to in order for her to be happy.”

                But before any of the eight concerned friends could comment about what he said, Yunho headed for Sooyoung’s room. Knowing that she wouldn’t let him in if he tried knocking politely on the door, he went straight inside her bedroom. He wasn’t really surprised when he found her curled up in a ball on her bed. The more he wasn’t surprised when his eyes locked with her angry ones.

“Soo…”

Angry tears spilled down her cheeks. “Get out.”

The jet black haired man took in a deep breath as he neared her bed. “Soo, please hear me out.”

“What else is there left to say?” She nearly yelled at him, sitting up on her bed. “I don’t want to hear any of it.”

“Soo, just calm down for a minute.” Yunho said almost exasperatedly. “I need to explain why I did what I did.”

“What?”

“You still love him.”

Sooyoung didn’t know what to say for a while. “A-Are you accusing me of being unfaithful?”

“No! Of course not! It’s not like that!” He exclaimed, finally seating himself on her bed. “I know you love me… But…”

“But what?” The leggy shikshin really couldn’t understand anything anymore.”

A nearly sad smile crossed his handsome face. “You still love Jaejoong hyung… and he still loves you.”

Her jaw dropped. “Oppa…”

Yunho held up a hand. “I knew that the two of you didn’t have a proper closure when you two broke up and he left SM. I know you did your best to learn to love me and I believe you succeeded… but no one can replace hyung in your heart.”

“So that’s why you broke up with me?” A humorless laugh escaped her lips. “Oppa, even if you’re right… none of those matter anymore.”

“It does.” The seriousness and conviction in his tone made her look at him in surprise. “Your happiness isn’t with me, Soo. It’s with him. I can’t deprive you of that. It’s unfair for all of us.”

“Yunho oppa…”

“Besides, I’ve seen his recent pictures and watched videos… I can tell when my best friend is happy, Soo. Right now… He isn’t.”

o-o-o-o-o

                Jaejooong suppressed a sigh as he stood heavily disguised in the shady park across the SNSD dorm. It had become a habit of his to visit the dorm unnoticed whenever he had spare time. Over the past few months, he saw the nine ladies go about their lives and he couldn’t deny that he missed them so much. But, of course, he missed the tallest one the most… and it broke his heart to watch her fall in love with his best friend for the past few months.

Turning around and ready to leave, his jaw dropped as he found himself face to face with the man he hadn’t seen and spoken to in a long while. “Yunho.”

“Hyung.” The DBSK leader greeted him back.

“H-How did you know?” He was pretty sure that he disguised himself so that… Well, so that he looked absolutely ridiculously clothed.

His shoulders lifted in a nonchalant shrug. “What kind of best friend would I be if I didn’t know?”

“Listen…” The JYJ member raised his hands in defense. “I-I can explain…”

“You have nothing to explain to me… yet…” Yunho trailed off.

“Yunho oppa, there you are!”

At the sound of the very familiar voice that he had missed so much, Jaejoong could only wish that the ground would just open up and swallow him. Slowly he turned his head; his breath hitching up in his throat as he finally laid eyes on her. “Sooyoung…”

Yunho could only roll his eyes good naturedly, finding the dramatic situation somewhat amusing. Walking over to where his hyung stood shell shocked, he clamped a supportive hand on his shoulder. “Drop by the dorm when you have time. I’m sure Min misses your food.”

“I-I’ll bring Junsu and Yoochun along.” Jaejoong managed to stutter in reply.

“That’d be awesome.” The dark haired man grinned before he headed over to Sooyoung, dropping a kiss on her cheek. “Good luck, Soo. Be happy.”

“Thank you, oppa… Thank you.” She smiled gratefully at him.

                As Yunho left the pair on their own in the park, Jaejoong found himself looking at anywhere and everywhere but the beautiful brunette he owed the most sincere explanation to. Sooyoung stayed silent as well, staring at him intently. Neither knew the right words to say now that they reunited once again.

“Uh… How did you know?” The only thing he could do was to repeat the same question he asked earlier.”

Sooyoung jammed her hands in the pockets of her jeans. “A tall, handsome black haired bird told me.”

“You mean your boyfriend?” He couldn’t help but scoff as he took off his glasses and hat, revealing his face.

“My ex-boyfriend actually.” The brunette corrected him, walking a couple of steps closer to him.

A look of complete surprise crossed his face. “You two broke up?”

She nodded. “It’s better this way.”

“Why? How?”

                Sooyoung didn’t say anything in reply, merely gazing intently at him. In an instant, Jaejoong knew what she was trying to say. He, Kim Jaejoong, was the reason why Jung Yunho and Choi Sooyoung broke up. A part of him was defensive, wanting to point out that he kept his distance and hadn’t remained in contact. But the rest of him was curious, needing an explanation… and a huge portion of that part hoped for what seemed was the impossible.

“Why?” He asked once more but they both knew that the question was now in a different context.

“I was told you’re still in love with me.” When he seemed like he lost his entire vocabulary, Sooyoung arched a challenging eyebrow. “Is it true?”

The dark haired man fought to keep himself as calm as possible. “Why would that matter? I left and you fell in love with him. I’ve watched the SM Town videos, seen the pictures… You two are practically the golden couple of KPOP.”

“Someone’s updated.” She said in pure amusement.

Jaejoong finally closed the gap separating them; the man now merely inches away from her. “I left, Soo. I hurt you. You found someone else so much better than me. Why would it matter if I still love you?”

“It matters because my happiness is with you, not with him.”

That was it.

                Although she didn’t directly say it, Jaejoong knew that she still loved him. That was all he needed. Without any warning, he took her in his arms and hugged her as if his life depended on it. He knew that still had so many things to talk about especially why he chose to break up with her when he left SM. He knew he still had to deal with the well-meaning and protective friends who were probably pretty mad at him. But all of those didn’t matter at all for now.

Because Sooyoung was with him and his happiness was with her.