PROLOGUE

The Note

 

He gently placed down the note he had been reading for years. Those beautiful words he can never forget as he clutched it as if to protect it preciously, those tears and words that she had cried for only him. That pain and distance that were unbearable between them the moment he reply to her...

"No..."

Her eyes welled up with tears, as she looked at him straight in the eyes with her teary eyes. Those eyes he couldn't stop staring at...

She sobbed silently the moment her first tear slid down her face and down to the floor. He took a step toward her-sensing that she winced. He found himself caressing her cheek, holding her in his arms and never let her go as she cried.

"We can't be together..." he murmured with tears "Sohee-"

She look down to the floor. Not looking at him...

"Look at me" he command.

He lifted her chin up to let his eyes met hers. She whimpered when he took a strand of her hair from her face and kissed her forehead.

"I love you..."

Her heart beats faster as she felt it breaks. And those words were the only words she could hear from him before he left her...

Completely broken...


Maybe it was a dream she thought when she stare at his face. He had the note she been hiding from him for years, but though she felt like he haven't read it. He whispered those words like she always wanted to hear, but he still left her.

She couldn't recovered easily from the shock. Not after everything they had done together...

That was it before-

They met again...