Final

It Takes Courage

One Week Left

 

One week passed and the siege had been going as Seung Hyun and Seungri planned. The small little village still did not admit to their crimes. Plus, since it has been one week already, it means that in just one more week if they still do not admit to something they didn't even do, they will all be dead.

 

"General Ok, have you received the orders from the chief back in Seoul?" Seungri asked Taeceyon.

 

"Yes, yes I have. Thanks for your concern" Taecyeon replied. Taecyeon still remembers the conversation he over heard with Seungri and Seung Hyun. Although anger had been fuming inside of him as every single day passed because of the thought of all these innocent lives gone, he still can't imagine life without his other half, Yoona. They had just married a year ago, but they had already spent more than half of their lives so far together. They've been best friends since the early years of middle school, and started going out during their first year in high school. Taecyeon just couldn't no, he won't think of living a life without her. It's just too much. They had too many memories together that he just doesn't want to stop it even if it means committing such sins.

 

~~

 

"General Ok? General Ok?? General Ok Taecyeon?!" Seungri waved his hand in front of me.

 

"Huh? Yes?" I replied shaking myself out of deep thought. I had been thinking about Yoona. Why hasn't she sent any letters? Or at least a short one saying she's doing alright...Is something happening??

 

"Are you okay?" Seungri asked me with a smirk on his face. "Thinking of her huh?"

 

"..." I didn't reply as I observed his face. What? What's with that face, seriously...is he trying to make fun of me? 

 

Seungri gave out a laugh. "Don't worry, she's not dead!" He put his hand on my shoulder, leaned in, and whispered "Or at least not yet."

 

I listened carefully at what he whispered. What does that mean? IS SOMETHING GOING TO HAPPEN? I felt like just punching him in the face, but before I could do anything Seungri walked away. I wanted to chase him towards death, but what he said has just been bothering me too much. What does he mean? I thought if I followed that Choi Seung Hyun's order nothing will happen...nothing will happen right?

 

~~

 

5 DAYS LEFT

 

"Are you still not gonna admit anything?" Taecyeon questioned a father he had pulled out from the crowd that was surrounding the center of the village. Although Taecyeon knew they were innocent, he still had to act as if he didn't know, for there is a large group of soldiers following HIS command. Which means one mistake in his orders will lead into the death of Yoona. 

 

"W-we d-didn't do anything!! W-we are i-innocent!" pleaded the father. "I-I have a family to take care of! Please don't kill me!"

 

"Don't worry. We won't kill you." Taecyeon chucked a little bit before he but back a serious face. "Or at least not till 5 days." Taecyeon felt like a coward. He could imagine Seungri smirking in the corner right at this time. As Taecyeon said these few words, he just couldn't look into their eyes, it hurt him too much to do such an evil thing. 

 

"P-Please! NOO!" yelled the guy. 

 

Taecyeon ignored his pleading as he was still looking away. He let go of the father's shirt as he walked away. He couldn't stand to see all these innocent people pleading for their life. It felt like hell to him. As Taecyeon was walking away, a young girl came running towards him, hugging his legs.

 

"P-PLEASE! Mister! Please spare our lives!" the young girl screamed.

 

~~

 

"P-PLEASE! Mister! Please spare our lives!" I heard a little girl say. I also felt her arms circled around my right leg. I looked up and saw a few soldiers walking over ready to pull her off.

 

"Stop." I ordered them. They bowed their heads as they turned back and walked to where they were standing before. I bent down and gently pulled the little girl's arms off my leg. "Miss, what is your name?" I asked in the nicest voice possible. Fortunately, the little girl and I were far away from the large crowd and the group of soldiers, so no one could hear our conversation. Or else they'd think it would be weird since I'm treating her so nice.

 

"K-krystal..." she replied with large eyes. 

 

For some reason, they reminded me of Yoona. I smiled and replied, "You know what? You remind me of my wife." 

 

"...is she pretty?" Krystal asked me.

 

"Why yes she is." I smiled at her. "Now, why don't you go back to your mommy? I can see that she is very worried." I told her as I saw a women standing a bit closer to us then the crowd with a worried face.

 

Krystal turned around to look at her mommy, then she turned back to face me. "Will you promise not to hurt my family? My family are really REALLY nice people! I swear!" Krystal threw her right arm up with a serious look.

 

I smiled as I just couldn't reject this little girl's offer even if it means I might have to break the promise some other time..."I promise." I replied to her as I noticed her face had a big wide smile. I tried to keep my smile up so she would go back to her mom with a satisfied heart. 

 

"Thank you, ajjushi!" She yelled as she ran back to her mom.

 

I returned to a serious face before facing back towards the group of soldiers behind me. I turned around and started to walk back again. But as I was walking, I stopped and turned around one last time. I saw the little girl waving at me as the mom kept trying to stop her. I turned back around and walked away, still thinking whether or not I can keep that promise I just made.

 

~~

 

2 DAYS LEFT

 

"Yah," Seungri yelled out to Taecyeon.

 

"What did you say? 'Yah'?" Taecyeon glared at Seungri. It was really hard for them to get along, even if Taecyeon tried his best. Seungri was just to stubborn and obnoxious.

 

"Oops," Seungri smirked. "I mean General OK!" 

 

"What is it?" Taecyeon tried his best to sound normal with anger about to burst out.

 

"You got some sort of letter." Seungri passed Taecyeon a paper. "Must be from your dearest." Seungri bursted into laughter.

 

"Shut up." Taeceyon said as he focused his sight on the letter. He took it from Seungri as just as he was going to enter his room to privately read the letter, Seungri interrupted him.

 

"Oh-Ho no no no! You have to do your job FIRST before anything." Seungri reminded Taecyeon with a wide grin on his face. 

 

"Alright." Taecyeon replied ignoring Seungri's grin. He just wanted to hurry and finish everything so he could read the letter. 

 

A few hours later

 

Taecyeon ran to his room, eager to read the letter. He sat on his bed and just as he was going to open the letter, he stopped. Will it be bad or good...?

 

"HEY! CAN YOU HURRY UP AND GET OUT HERE?" Seungri yelled through the door.

 

Taeceyon gave a little sigh, and opened the letter. 

 

To my dearest Oppa,

       This letter brings you from your loving wife every good wish. wherever you may be, whatever may be happening, and with my good wishes and deepest love, which you know you have had during all the years of our marriage. But, Oppa, I am afraid this might add to your unhappiness. I have bad news for you. I couldn't tell you about it when we were last together, because you had just too many troubles already and I just wanted to enjoy the last few days with you. I kept this a secret from you then, but now I have to tell you.

       Oppa, I will not be alive when you receive this letter. I have cancer. Dr. Kim had told me so, but I knew it before he told me. I made him tell me. It has not been too bad until now, but now I believe I can't go on. Dr. Kim has been giving me pills to make me sleep and ease the pain, and I have been saving them up. Tonight after I have finished with this letter, I am going to take them all at once. I have made all the arrangements and now I shall die.

       So, I have to say goodbye to you, oppa. I have to thank you for every bit of happiness I have enjoyed during our friendship to our marriage. You have always been the best, the kindest, the tenderest person to me, and I have loved you with all my heart. And I have admired you as well. I have been such a fortunate women to meet such a husband I could admire and as well love-your honesty and your sincerity and your thoughtfulness.

       I only wish I could have done more for you, Taecyeon oppa. I used to wish I could bear all your sorrow as well as my own when you are feeling down. But now you know that I have no more sorrow or happiness or pain and that while you read this letter, I shall be in peace. Tonight I shall only be thinking of you, Ok Taecyeon, as I always have done. My last thoughts will be of you, always and ever my very dearest Oppa.

                                                                                                                                                                                             Goodbye, Taecyeon-Oppa. Goodbye

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Eternally your Y.

 

Taecyeon read the letter over and over again. However, instead of happiness like he thought it would have been, tears started forming in his eyes. He read it jerkily one last time, going back to reread each and every line. It was hard to focus his eyes on the words for tears were blocking his sight. Streams of tears were falling down as he pulled the letter to his chest. A world without Yoona in it was not the same world as he had lived in for all these years. It was not a world he wanted to live him. Just then, he remembered the whole reason why he had come here. He slowly put his hand on his waist, on where his pistol was lying. Yoona was dead-was dead-was dead. Taecyeon stiffened upon remembering he still had a duty to do, a duty which he could NOW carry out.

 

The realization held him rigid for some seconds as he thought about the situation. Finally, his thoughts began to flow freely again. He was a man of his actions for he will carry out his promise to the little girl. There was no time to waste. He must act, and he immediately burst into harsh action. He withdrew his pistol from his waist and swung his legs up. He walked towards the door with his pistol pointed and ready.

 

There were two men outside, Seungri and Officer Khun. They were waiting for Taecyeon to come out, and they looked around in supervise as he came bursting out with a pistol. Taecyeon pointed the pistol at Seungri, who was the dangerous man-he could trust Khun.

 

"Move and you're dead!" Taecyeon shouted, his lips hardly parting sufficiently to allow the words to escape him

 

"But-but-" began Seungri, backing away in astonishment from the weapon.

 

"STAND STILL! Put your hands on your head!"

 

Seungri obeyed to Taecyeon, no sound came from his lips, although they moved.

 

"KHUN!" Taecyeon yelled.

 

"Sir!" Khun replied.

 

"Make a phone call to the government! Get through to them at once!" Taeceyon yelled not taking his eyes off Seungri.

 

"Yes, sir." Khun replied running to get the phone.

 

"W-what are you doing?! Are you going to surrender the siege??" said Seungri, finding his voice stuttering again, his body jerking with emotion with his hands still on his head.

 

"Yes." Taeceyon replied with a deep look in his eyes.

 

Taeceyon decided to end the siege to save the ten thousand lives in this small village. For God to forgive him for his sins, keeping his promise to the little girl, and for Yoona.

 

"But your wife!!" Seungri shouted. "Remember-"

 

"My wife is dead." 

 

"But I have MY family too!" Seungri's voice went higher and higher, into a scream. It all happened in a second. Seungri's excitement completely overcame him, and he put his hand down to his pistol. But to draw the weapon took far too long. Seungri had still not learned on how to draw his pistol out as quick as he could. And before Seungri even reached his pistol, Taeceyon shot him twice, and Seungri fell to the ground dying.

 

"Who told you to move? I wouldn't have done that.." said Taeceyon. "But now I can speak to the government myself."

 

~~

 

THAT NIGHT, the MBD broadcast the news of the surrender of the siege. Ten thousand men/women were saved from the shadow of death in just one day. The small village were declared innocent and the government them self apologized to them in person. Choi Seung Hyun was also took into court for his betrayal and for pleading 10,000 innocent lives guilty.

 

THAT NIGHT, four men knocked at the door of a house in Seoul. A young lady opened the door to them, and at a glance recognized whom they were.

 

"I was expecting you guys," she said. "You want me to come with you?"

 

"Come." said one of the four.

 

The young lady had her coat hung on her arm ready to leave. She walked out with the men to the waiting car. She was still alive, and she showed no signs of cancer like she had said to Taecyeon. Everything she wrote in the letter was a lie. First to save all those innocent lives and for Taecyeon to not blame himself but instead believe her death was caused of cancer. The young girl had received death because of the sudden surrender. Although it was the two men, Lee Seungri and Choi Seung Hyun, who set up the whole thing, her husband was the one who stopped late EVEN when he knew everything. For because of that, Im Yoona, shall receive punishment. But as she promised, her last thoughts were of Taecyeon. 

 

 

~~

 

 

END! What do you guys think? Sorry, the ending is not what you guys expected all happy...but yea. Not everything has a happy ending? HehexD well please

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK!

 

~~