Seventy Three: In Love?

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys~!!!!!! VOTE FOR EXO K FOR THE 2012 MAMA AWARDS~!!!! You love them right??? ♥♥♥ Get voting~~!!! haha ^^♥

 

 

A/N: Haha..Funny comments... anyway, I updated... ^^ Don't forget to answer the poll down there... ^^

 

 

-D.O.’s POV-

“Good morning~!” the tinkling voice of the maiden greeted the ears of everyone in the banquet hall of Aigua Castle. She earned stares from everyone in the room including myself and I was taken by her appearance. She was wearing a dress…a dress. It was a blue one that hung on thin straps by her shoulders, flowing all the way below her knees. I didn’t know where she got it, but dresses were certainly not made in such a bizarre and revealing way with her arms and half of her back exposed. Ultimately, it’s been a while since I saw her wearing such feminine clothing. She’d always settle for breeches and would sometimes borrow Baekhyun’s. She dared to buy some for herself as well, insisting that they were more comfortable than wearing dresses.

“Good morning,” everyone else said.

She went around the room, clapped her hand against Kai’s which they called high-five, smiled sweetly at Suho hyung patted Chan Yeol hyung on the shoulder and ruffled Sehun’s hair just to annoy him. I noticed her pause when she touched his hair and just shook her head inconspicuously as she smirked at me. As usual, the Wind Noble made a face at her. Finally, she gave Baekhyun hyung his daily peck on the cheek which was setting Chan Yeol hyung off his seat every morning whenever he sees it. That caused a stir at first, but I guess they were that close. It didn’t even seem awkward anymore when Baekhyun would tilt his cheek towards her as if he expected it.

I smiled at her. “Good morning, Shinhye.”

She beamed brighter. “You’re in a good mood this morning.”

Though she looked happy and in a good mood, one couldn’t miss slightly dark rings from under her eyes. “Hm. You look pretty good yourself, despite of those.” I pointed at her eyes as she sat down beside Baekhyun who immediately smiled.

She pointed at herself. “M-me? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Chan Yeol was quick to answer, but Kai felt like butting in and he said, “Did you sleep well?”

At that, she chuckled. It really sounded unusual. It was without a hint of sarcasm or anything. She was just…happy. I was glad that she was, but the reason why seemed very interesting. “Oh. You caught that, huh?” She looked down, biting her lower lip as she smiled. “Let’s just say I’ve been reading a lot and forgot about the time.”

Kai snorted. “You were reading? It was awfully dark last night.”

“Oh it was, wasn’t it, Kai? I could barely see a thing, not even the outline of the things that surrounded me in my room, but not so dark if you have a candle,” she sustained and suddenly, she laughed as if she was enjoying a private joke. “Great lighting, the candle,” she muttered in between laughter then received the plate that Chan Yeol hyung had made for her.

The Light Noble made a face. “Since when was that your job?” he demanded from the Flame Noble.

“What?”

Shinhye chuckled slightly and nudged him on the side. “It’s okay.” Her eyes turned into two wavy lines. “It’s your day off.”

Baekhyun hyung was still grumbling anyway.

Kai pointed his form at Shinhye. “So, what have you been reading that you forgot to sleep?”

“I didn’t forget to sleep, Jong In-ah.” She leaned forward, looking quite sultrily at Kai. “It too hot last night is all.” She giggled then. “I was reading essays. Don’t make me explain what those are.” She took a bite from her scones then looked at Chan Yeol hyung. “Thanks for this anyway.”

He just nodded with a foolish grin about his face.

“Is that a book?” Suho hyung asked as if she didn’t say anything.

“Yes.”

“Can I borrow it?”

“Sure. You’ll find it a delightful book.” She grinned at him. “You’ll find it right where I tossed it last night.”

Suho hyung arched a brow at him. “W-where exactly is that?”

“My bedroom floor. I believe it’s still there. I don’t remember picking it up this morning nor did I do such a thing before lying in the arms of –”

Chan Yeol hyung looked at her incredulously. “Lying in who’s arms?” he demanded, looking at all of us accusingly.

Instead of being perturbed in any way, Shinhye just giggled more. “You’re jumping to conclusions. I was being poetic. I was supposed to say ‘lying in the arms of my blanket’s warmth’.”

“Oh.” He chuckled nervously then just sat down.

“I don’t believe that though,” Kai said.

I arched a brow at him. “What rebuttal do you have again?”

“It was too balmy last night. Surely you wouldn’t be wrapped in covers.”

That was right.

She laughed slightly. “Oops. I guess I slipped.”

This time, Suho hyung was the one who stood up and looked at her as if she was going insane. “Who’s arms, Shinhye?”

“No one’s. I mean…who would…” She shook her head. “Unless…” She was looking at Suho hyung, but we were all eyeing Chan Yeol hyung. She shook her head at all of us. “No way, guys. It’s not what you think,” she said calmly then continued eating.”

The breakfast went on peacefully, but I never ceased to observe Shinhye. She was behaving quite off, high-strung, if I may say. She was smiling a lot and her laughter was a pitch higher as if she was enjoying something tremendously. I looked around me and saw that no one really noticed me staring at her since they were all eyeing her furtively as well, except for Baekhyun who was happily feeding her. She was glowing, radiating with something I couldn’t quite place. It was something we’ve never seen in her before. Her smiles were brighter and her life force was lighter compared to the usual days when we would all feel her rather intimidating aura. It was hard to tell whether she was angry or ill or if she’s fine. Now, we all knew how she was when she’s exhilarated.

“Shinhye-ah,” I called.

She looked up with that smile again. It was unsettling. “Yes, D.O.?”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “You haven’t been sneaking out, have you?”

To my surprise, she laughed, reached over the table and pinched my cheeks lightly. “Kyungsoo, sweetheart, in case you’ve forgotten, being suspicious of me is Sehun’s role, not yours. Just to make you sleep tonight, I’ll be honest. I wasn’t, but someone else certainly snuck out of bed last night.” Her tone suggested that she knew something we didn’t. She straightened up, beamed at me then shifted her gaze to Sehun who was drinking his morning tea, looking out the window. “Sehun-ah!”

He jerked off his seat, nearly spilling tea on his trousers while I just stared in shock at her. She was really being suspicious. When Sehun managed to compose himself, he eyed her sharply. “Yah! What did you do that for?”

“You’re jumpy today.” She waved him aside, laughing. “Not going to bug me with suspicions today?”

He frowned. “What? No!”

She chuckled and sat down. “I’m just pulling your leg.”

“Are you pulling everyone’s legs?” Kai asked caustically.

“Sort of. You mad?” She smiled impishly at him.

He matched his with the look on her face. “Not at all, sweetheart.”

“Good.” She looked at Baekhyun then. “Are you going to train with me today?”

Baekhyun smiled, but he shrugged. “I’m not sure.”

She pouted, pulling at his sleeves. “Oh come on!  You’re not ditching me again, are you? I want to see some stunts. Please~?”

Baekhyun sighed. “This afternoon then. Would that be fine?”

She smiled toothily at him. “Yes.”

“There’s really something off about you today,” I murmured.

Her head snapped up and she looked at me.

Kai snickered. “Tell me about it.”

She pouted at us this time. “What’s off about me?” she demanded, her lower lip jutting out a bit.

Unable to take it anymore, Sehun leaned closer to the table. “What’s going on with you?”

She arched a brow at him this time. “What do you mean?”

“Look at you,” he stormed. “It’s not that we’re unhappy to see you all-smiles and bubbling with laughter, but you’re scaring us. You’re not usually like that.”

“Usually. There you are.” She glanced downwards, her thick eyelashes momentarily casting a shadow below her eyes then she smiled longingly. “I’m happy. Is that so bad?”

“No,” Suho hyung answered for her.

“Yeah, it’s not bad, just unusual,” Kai said.

I nudged him on the side. He just didn’t know when to shut his trap.

He leaned forward. “So, Shinhye, what’s making you so happy?”

She placed both of her hands, enfolded in each other, on top of the table. She squared her shoulders, took a deep breath and smiled, her eyes twinkling. “Guys…” She bit her lower lip then released it again when she saw the expectant looks on our faces.

“Yes?” we chorused.

“I don’t know, but I think…” Her smile widened, but it appeared genuine as if she was really bubbling with glee. “…I’m in love,” she said cautiously.

It took a while to sink in then everything erupted into chaos. Chan Yeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung stood at the same time, both looking like they were going to burst. Sehun choked on his tea, breaking into a fit of coughing while I just stared at her in shock. She didn’t just tell us that she was in love!

Suho hyung had that look of confusion and thoughtfulness on his face. “Y-you’re in love?”

“Uh-huh,” she answered promptly with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter