Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise

I woke up to the alarm clock on my room and groggily walked towards the bathroom. Luhan-hyung suddenly came out of the bathroom and was startled to see me there just standing.

“Sehun-ah…” he started.

“Oh, Luhan-hyung! Come out quickly. I really need to use the bathroom right now.” I pushed him away from the door and before closing it, I turned to Luhan-hyung and smiled.

I must have looked stupid in front of him yesterday. I don’t want to look stupid again first thing in the morning so I tried to push away all the bad thoughts from yesterday. I left the bathroom with a lighter mood and tried to smile in front of everyone like I used to.

“Sehun-ah.” Luhan-hyung was waiting for me outside the bathroom.

“Hyung, what are you still doing here? Why aren’t you in the kitchen? I bet you’re hungry already ‘cause I am. Let’s go.” I pulled him towards the kitchen to find the members stuffing their mouths with all the food they could take.

“Ya!!! Why are you guys eating all those and not saving any for us?!” I shouted in a joking manner. I ran towards Baekhyun and bit the hotdog that he had on his fork.

“Sehun-ah~ Do you want to die?!” Baekhyun looked at me with mischievous eyes and stood up.

I started to make a run for it before Suho stopped us, telling us not to play around while eating.

 

The day passed by quickly with the conference that we had. It was just like the interviews we have done but better, because there were no nosy fans that would be shouting “HunHan” or “KaiLu” at us. I was not mad at the fans. But I’m just not in the mood to hear them so excited about those pairings.

Luhan-hyung and I were not able to talk about the incident yesterday and before we knew it, we were all off to the airport. We said our goodbyes to each other and we were off to board the plane. I took one last look at Luhan-hyung and he was looking at me with those lovely eyes of his but something was wrong, it was lonely. I ran back towards him.

“Hyung. I’m gonna miss you.”

“I’m gonna miss you more, dongsaeng.”

Without looking back, I boarded the plane and drifted off to Dreamland again where Luhan-hyung was waiting for me.

 

It has almost been a week since I last saw the members of EXO-M. Luhan-hyung has been trying to call me but I did not have the courage to answer. I was half-regretful and half-embarrassed with all of the things that I said to him the night of our showcase but most of all, I was filled with fear of what his answer would be. I don’t want to hear him say that I am just a dongsaeng to him. A dongsaeng that he would always take care of. It hurts me to think that all the affection he’s been giving me was only a sign of brotherhood, nothing else.

 

“Okay, let’s do the routine one last time and I’ll let you all go. Tomorrow’s the big day and I don’t want to see you all dragging your way up the stage tomorrow. Get some rest and don’t sneak off, okay?” the choreographer clapped his hands and we all ran back to our places.

The practice ended in a snap and all of us were on our way home.

“Sehun-ah. What’s wrong?” Kai whispered to me, afraid the other members inside the van would hear.

“Nothing.” I simply said.

“What do you mean nothing? It’s not… Oh. Luhan-hyung sent a message.” Kai opened the message.

“EXO-K, good luck on your debut tomorrow at Inkigayo. Wish us luck as well~! ^.^”

Lucky Kai, he got a message from Luhan-hyung. It did not take long before I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at it to see the same message Kai got. I sighed.

“So it’s about him, then?” Kai whispered again.

“Yes, it is. Now will you stop bothering me now and let me sleep?” I snapped at him.

“Okay, okay. But I won’t let you sleep later if you don’t tell me now.”

“Fine…” I told him of the incident and the the feelings I’ve been hiding ever since that day.

“You know, Sehun? You’re stupid. That’s all. Why can’t you see that behind those words he said, it only means one thing: he loves you and is willing to take care of you forever?” Kai punched my head lightly.

“Where did you get that idea? Where’s that “love” part from the things he said?”

“Duh… Even if his mouth doesn’t say that, his eyes does.” He looked at me like I was the stupidest person in the world.

“Whatever.”

“I’m telling you, don’t let this go on for a long time. It’s your loss.”

 

The days passed by in a blur. EXO-K had made its successful debut in Inkigayo and EXO-M at the 12th Yinyue Fengyun Bang Awards. A few days later, it was a day before my birthday. Luhan-hyung hasn’t been sending me a message or giving me a call since the day before our debut. I wonder how he is right now. I will be celebrating my birthday without him, I wonder what he thinks about that. Does he remember that it’s my birthday today?

“Sehun-ah~!!! We have a surprise for you.” Suho called out from the living room.

I saw all the members around the desktop computer. Kai went to me and pushed me to the seat in front of the computer.

“What are you guys doing?” I was so confused with their actions. What’s on the computer?

“Well… EXO-M had an interview today and guess who just greeted you?” D.O. said playfully from the back. Suho played a video from YouTube and a smile formed in my face.

“Sehun-ah. !@$^@#@^&*$! Daebak! Happy birthday.” Sehun greeted, smiling his usual angelic smile. I did not understand what he said but I was happy to death that he greeted me.

“In case you were wondering, he said: “It’s your birthday tomorrow. After your birthday, you’ll be older by one year already. Hope that you’ll be more mature and sensible. Wishing you all the best in Korea.” We had to contact Kris to understand what Luhan just said.” Suho informed me. Kai coughed from the side, reminding me of the things Luhan-hyung just said.

The words “mature and sensible” hit me. I realized I was being immature about our situation. I don’t care if I’m just his dongsaeng, as long as he is by my side. Who cares about being “lovers” when we could be hyung and dongsaeng and never leave each other’s side? Unconciously, I ran towards my room and starting to pack my luggage. I went to the bathroom to get my toothbrush. The other members piled up outside the bathroom.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Suho blocked my way.

“I’m going to China, hyung. I’m going to see Luhan-hyung.” I answered without thinking.

“You know you can’t do that, right? We have a debut stage tomorrow.” D.O. said.

“Yeah, why don’t you just call him?” Baekhyun suggested.

“No. I can’t. I have a feeling that I have to see him right now.” I pushed my way out of the bathroom and went back to my room.

“Sehun-ah. Don’t act irrationally. We have a debut stage tomorrow. Can’t you just wait for a few days before running off to China?” Kai sat on the bed while I was still busy packing my luggage.

“But I have to see him. I have to say sorry to him. I have to tell him that I’m okay with what we are right now.” I looked at him seriously.

“Can’t you think of the members’ feelings? What would Suho-hyung feel when you leave and our manager scolds him for not being a good leader, not trying to stop you? What would we feel if you do leave and would not be able to come back for the supposed debut stage? This is our group we’re talking about right now, Sehun. You can’t just throw everything away because of Luhan-hyung. He wouldn’t feel happy as well knowing that you sneaked out and went to him, leaving us behind.” I stopped packing my bags and sighed.

“I guess you’re right. But please… Tomorrow. Help me. Tomorrow’s my birthday. At least let me go to China even for just a few hours, just to spend my birthday with him.” I pleaded to Kai who started think deeply.

“Don’t let the others know I helped you.” He sighed and stood up to leave the room.

I said a soft “thank you” before I finished packing my luggage. As soon as I finished, I slept.

 

It was our second debut stage and it was at M!Countdown. A lot of people were there to cheer for us and everyone was nervous. Well, I was nervous too, but I had my own reasons. I was thinking of the perfect way to sneak out without the members noticing.

The performance ended perfectly. We were still quite disappointed that we weren’t able to sing live but at least the fans understood why we cannot do that at the moment.

As soon as the performance ended, Kai signaled to me. This is my chance.

“Ouch… My stomach aches.” Kai shouted out.

“Kai, what’s wrong? Do you need to go to the hospital?” Suho ran towards the ill member.

“No… I’ll just go home and rest.” Kai refused.

“We’ll take you home, then.” Suho offered.

“No, SHINee has invited EXO-K to dinner, right?” Kai secretly winked at me.

“Why don’t you all go to the dinner and I’ll take Kai home? I’ll meet you guys at the restaurant.” I tried to help Kai get up.

“Okay, then. Take care on your way home, you two.” Suho then signaled the others to go to the dressing room to change.

 

Once we were out of the building, we were laughing and punching each other lightly on the arm.

“We are such good actors. I can’t believe they fell for that.” Kai said in between laughters.

“I know. But, what are you going to do now? And what are you going to do when they find out?” I said, worried.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m the main dancer in this group, they can’t bully me.” Kai stood up and patted me on the back.

“Now, let’s go. I don’t want you to miss your flight. I already put your ticket in the front pocket of your luggage.” Kai pulled me towards the sidewalk and called for a taxi.

 

It’s time. I was about to board a plane, alone. Kai went to the airport with me to see me off. As I went inside, I took one last look. Kai was waving at me with his big smile. How am I ever going to repay this guy? I thought to myself, smiling.

 

After a long one and a half hour, the plane had finally landed in China. I was in the same land as my beloved Luhan-hyung. It was only 11:15 in my watch so that means it is 10:15 in China. I went out of the airport as fast as I could and hailed a taxi. With only little Chinese, I was able to tell the driver the right address. As soon as I arrived, I ran towards EXO-M’s dorm and knocked at the door. I was soon faced by none other than EXO-M’s leader, Kris. His eyes suddenly wide from seeing me.

“Hyung, annyeong~!” I greeted him cutely.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, confused.

“I’m here to see Luhan-hyung. Where is he?” I was waiting for him to let me inside the house until another member peeked at the door. It was Xiu Min.

“Minseok-hyung, annyeong!” I greeted again.

“What… Why… Why are you here???” he gave the same reaction as Kris-hyung.

“I’m here to see Luhan-hyung. Now, can you guys let me in?” I was getting pissed. Do I look like a ghost to them?

“Luhan? But Luhan just left for the airport a while ago. He was going to come to Korea to see you!” I accidentally let go of my luggage and leaned at the wall.

“What? But I’m here to see him…” I said. Panicking, I got my luggage and hailed another taxi towards the airport. I hope I’m not too late.

“Sehun-ah! Wait!” I could hear the members calling out to me. I did not care at the moment because all I know was that Luhan-hyung is now boarding a plane to see me in Korea. The taxi was about to make a turn when I saw from the side mirror that another taxi had arrived in front of the dorm and someone got off from the taxi… a very familiar someone.

“Stop!!!” the taxi abruptly stopped, making me move a bit forward. I paid and apologized to the driver and ran as fast as I could back to the dorm.

“Luhan-hyung! Hyung!” I screamed from the bottom of my lungs. Luhan-hyung looked at me, wide-eyed. Soon, I was met with Luhan-hyung halfway back to the dorm.

“Sehun-ah… What… What are you doing here? Why aren’t you in Korea?!” Luhan asked in between breaths.

“I’m here to… to spend… my birthday with you, hyung.” I was breathing heavily from running with a luggage on my left hand.

“But… you have a debut stage tomorrow! Why did you go here?”

“Because… I wanted to apologize for the way I acted last time. I was immature to act like that. I was just… disappointed of your description of me as a kid. I’ve always thought that our relationship was like more than as siblings. Scratch that… I’ve always wanted our relationship to be more than as brothers. But… but if you don’t want, then I’m ok--” My words were cut off when a pair of lips came in contact with mine. It was soft and tasted like chocolate.

“Don’t say anything anymore. Because… I love you. Not only as a brother, but more than that.” Luhan-hyung smiled his perfect smile that could melt any woman’s, or man’s, heart.

“Hyung! I love you too!!!” I hugged him tightly, jumping up and down.

“You’re really like a kid.” He laughed.

“What?! I’m a kid again?” I let go of him and looked seriously.

“Yes, like a baby. My baby.” He smiled and pulled me in for another kiss.

I smiled before returning his kiss. Before the kiss could get any deeper, we heard squeals and teasing from the side, indicating that the other members of EXO-M must have witnessed the whole thing.

“Ehem… Guys, we’re celebrities now. We can’t get caught in this kind of situation. Why don’t you guys continue that inside?” Kris said then walked back to the dorm. The rest of us followed

“HunHan couple forever!!! Woohoo~!” Xiu Min was teasing us, poking our arms.

“Ya~ Jin Bao Zi! If you don’t want me to pinch your cheeks, get out of our sight!” Luhan threatened Xiu Min.

“Merong~~~” he said, running off towards the dorm.

 

My birthday was almost coming to an end but the members were able to buy a cake from across the street and we celebrated my birthday.

“Make a wish now, Sehun.” Luhan-hyung said, bringing the cake closer to me.

“I wish for EXO-K and EXO-M to be a success by the end of the year. And I also wish that I would not be punished so badly when I return to Korea.” The other members laughed.

“And lastly…” I smiled. I wish for HunHan to be forever.

Before I knew it, we were all putting icing on each other’s face and laughing together.

“Hey… Hey! Wait a minute. Luhan, why are you here?” Xiu Min interrupted.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Luhan tilted his head, his blank face was so cute I could just pinch his nose.

“I mean, weren’t you supposed to be at the airport? Why did you come back?” Xiu Min wondered.

“Oh. Oh yeah! Well… I forgot my passport…” he looked down, hiding his embarrassment.

We all laughed at his forgetfulness and he pinched my arms so hard.

“Ouch!” I screamed.

He pulled me in for another kiss before saying, “Happy Birthday, Sehun.”

This time, I was the one who pulled him in for a kiss.

This was my Dreamland turned to reality. Today is the best birthday I’ve ever had. And it’s all because of you, Luhan.

 

 

 

A/N: I hope you guys liked it! ^.^
This was just a random thought I've had for the whole day.
I was actually not going to make this one today because I thought it was only April 11 yesterday and to my surprise, it's already April 12~ Sehun's birthday!
I have no sense of time right now since it's vacation and I always sleep at midnight. I don't know when is when already. >.<
Anyways, hope you had fun reading as I had fun writing! ^.^
Please do comment and tell me what you think. It could be good or bad. I'll accept it. ^.^
Good night, guys~! And belated happy birthday to our beloved EXO maknae, Oh Sehun!
Next week, it's Luhan's birthday!!! Can't wait~!!! Hopefully, there would be a few HunHan interactions for me to be inspired to write a Luhan birthday oneshot~! ^.^