Serenade

MY INSPIRATION

Everyday is so wonderful

Suddenly, it's hard to breathe

Now and then I get insecure

From all the pain, I'm so ashamed

I'm so beautiful, no matter what you say

Words can't bring me down

I am beautiful in every single way

Yes, words can't bring me down

So don't you bring me down today

 

Footsteps stopped in front of the studio room, as the beautiful voice continued singing. Wooyoung wondered who the owner of that wonderful voice could be, as he slowly take a peek inside.

Black shoulder-length hair. Petite body. Porcelain skin.

"She's beautiful..." He mused, as he watched the girl effortlessly sing, her eyes closed in complete surrender to the emotions she's pouring into the song. He stood frozen, amazed at the performance he's watching, forgetting the reason why he is in that building in the first place.

"Wooyoung!" The girl suddenly stopped singing, as she abruptly turned around, surprised at seeing him by the doorway and wondering who the other person could be behind his back. Slowly looking at his back, he saw his strict manager, fuming in annoyance, his hands folded across his chest.

"Where have you been? I've been waiting in the office for half an hour." He bellowed, not even noticing the other person inside the room. Frustrated, he pulled Wooyoung outside, dragging him into the elevator.

"That hurts." Wooyoung whined, rubbing his arm, as he stood few inches away from his manager. He glanced at the older man, his face distorted and his eyes still staring at him in irritation.

"Don't you dare defy me again, young man. You've been late in our meetings so many times, even in a TV appearance, you were late... what were you thinking?"

"I overslept. The schedule had me tight-wired, I can't even catch a short nap in the afternoon." He reasoned out, bit annoyed why his manager is being hotheaded lately. He's a star, he can act, sing and dance... why don't they just cut him some slack?

"Enough with your excuses. You need to attend the script-reading workshop of your drama this afternoon. Please, don't be late... and after that, you're guest appearance in Star Factor this evening."

I nodded absent-mindedly, my mind wandering to a certain girl who I just saw a while ago. I wonder if she's part of this company, a trainee perhaps? I haven't seen her in TV, so probably she hasn't debuted yet. 

I felt a hand slapped my shoulder lightly as I looked at my manager, pulling off my innocent smile. He just frowned and shook his head, before leaving the elevator, as I followed suit.

...

"IU, how's your vocal practice?" My bestfriend Jiyeon asked as she led me inside the shopping mall. She requested my help in choosing an outfit to wear for her date tomorrow night. I wonder how it feels to have a boyfriend.

"It was fun." I said, as she pulled me into a newly opened clothing store just around the entrance of the mall. My eyes felt a bit dizzy with the tons of different clothes arranged in parallel lines inside the store. I watched as Jiyeon got immersed in looking for the right outfit. I glanced at the small television screen located on the middle counter of the store, as a commercial interview popped in the screen.

He entered the showbiz industry with a bang - landed a cameo role in a topnotched Korean drama that pave way to instilling his name in every female fan's heart. He doesn't just act, he's also excellent in singing and dancing as he showcased in his performance in a musical drama Superstar. Now, he's a household name, not just in looks but in talents, as well. Tonight, let's welcome the next star, Wooyoung.

Oh, he's that guy.

"What are you looking at?" Jiyeon asked, taking a peek at the small screen that has caught my full attention. Her hand is already filled with couple dresses as she balances them gracefully, while she watched the commercial.

"I think I saw him this morning." I confessed, watching as my bestfriend slowly digested the words I've said. 

"You mean that multitalented star?"

I nodded as she seemed to understand, before waving it off. She dragged me to the dressing room, piling some dresses on my hands as she took some to try. An hour went by, until she finally decided on the dress - a pretty denim blue jumper dress that will look good with her brand new black suede boots.

"You know, you should be friends with that Wooyoung guy, I bet he can give you a tip or two about singing." Jiyeon told me before she went out of the cab, thanking me again for accompanying her in the shopping. I waved at her silently as the cab sped past her apartment and towards the company's dormitory where I'm currently staying.

I wonder what kind of guy Wooyoung is.