Training (Part 1)

Behind the Act

 

Pre-debut

Her fingers pulled the bow back, slow and steady. Eyes concentrated on the target. Exhaling, she let go of the bow and sent the arrow flying, making contact with her designated destination. She smirked.

To make this game more exciting, she had set up an earlier obstacle course with moving targets and a timer to make it even more challenging.

With the timer set for thirty seconds and ten moving targets, she began. Jumping over the logs, she pulled the bow back and released to hit target number one.

Twenty-seven seconds remained with nine targets left. She ran for the others while grabbing more arrows and released them consecutively into four moving targets. Hopping onto a log, she grabbed another arrow and set it on her bow. Less then a second after landing her flip, she released the arrow dead on her target.

Wiping the sweat off her brow, she continued running through the course with five targets and fifteen seconds left. She pulled out five more arrows and began shooting continuously at the remaining targets, while jumping and dodging obstacles in her way.

After shooting the final target, she looked at the timer. 4 seconds were left. Her all time best. Archery was always her best sport. With amazing accuracy, she could pin anything she aimed for.

She heard clapping and turned to see Kim Myungsoo, her mentor and teacher. He has helped her with her martial arts and archery accuracy.

"Well done, Hara." he started "You've gotten better ever since you got here. Tomorrow, we’ll see how well you do with a gun."

"Neh. Kamsahamnida." She shyly bowed.

--

Her eyes were blindfolded, as everything was silent. With that sense out of the way, her ears became more perceptive to the sounds surrounding her.

Her sensory skills were amazing, as well as her logic. She sidestepped a whizzing ball and performed a dance step. Dodging and deflecting the foam objects being shot at her, she adds her own style of dance. Incorporating dances into anything she could was always a habit of hers. Dancing wasn't only a hobby; it was her life. She danced wherever she could, whenever she could.

Behind the glass walls, Lee Howon, or Hoya, nodded in approval as he continued controlling the foam being shot at her. He was her dance instructor and martial arts mentor. He helped her improve her skills ever since he recruited her after seeing her in underground dance battles.

“Alright, you can take your blindfold off now, Minlu.” He said into the microphone. Minlu did as told and went to get the katana sword for the next segment of training.

“Now, I want you to deflect everything that comes to you with the sword, okay?”

She nodded after getting herself and the sword in a ready stance.

Hoya pressed some buttons on the control pad and the foam balls started again, shooting from all directions within the confined space. He took notes, marking her improvements and other things that need work.

Using the sword, she deflected everything that came at her. Not once, did the foam touch her body.

“Nice work.” Minlu heard through the speakers. “Training is over for today. We’ll continue dancing tomorrow in the practice room at 7am. I’ll be leaving now.”

“Mmkay. Do you mind if I head to practice room right now? I still need some work.”

“Nah, go ahead. Just don’t forget to lock it when you’re done.”
 

 


Part 1 only shows the skills of Kwon Hara and Song Minlu. Part 2 should be up later on this week or so and will show the rest of the members. Thanks for reading~

-sseoul