An Unwanted Friend

My Playful Tease

Alone on the streets as I rode down the sidewalk. All I could hear was the rugged sound of the plastic wheels on concrete. It wasn't the most pleasant sound, but it helped to calm me down when I was stressed out. Like now.

Whenever on the skateboard I never really had a specific place that I wanted to go. I'd let the board lead me. I just gave it power to keep it going. Tonight, the board led me to the park. During the day it seemed smaller than it really was with the sunlight and abundance of people. At night, it was the exact opposite. I traveled along the concrete path that was lit by old fashion street lights every few yards. I looked around, thinking of what it was like to come here as a kid as time slowed down.

----------------------------------------

"~~~~," he said in a sing-songy voice. "I'm gonna find you~."

It was a bright sunny day with clear blue skies. Jay and I were playing together in the park, he was 8 and I was 4.

I hid in a tree, looking down at him trying to find me. Going back, hiding myself in the branches, I giggled to myself. Looking once more, Jay had disappeared. I scanned the park and couldn't spot him anywhere. I began to tear up a little as I thought he left me there, until I felt something tap my shouder.

"Hey what happened?" a voice said behind me.

"I can't find my brother and I think he left me here," I tried to sound like I wasn't about to cry.

"Aw, I'd never leave you."

Arms then wrapped themselves around my waist.

"What are you-" I turned around and saw my big brother. "JAY!!!"

I gave him a tight hug as he began to laugh.

----------------------------------------

I was in a daze as I experienced my flashback. Unfortunately for me, I didn't notice that there was a decent sized hole in the path. I went right into it. The sudden jolt from the hit snapped me out of my daze. I felt like I'd been launched from a slingshot as I fell to the group. I bounced along the ground for a few feet and laid there in shock or numb if you will for a couple seconds. I was fine just sitting there until I shot up and grabbed my knee, screaming, in agonizing pain, like a raging lion going on a rampage. I sat there like that for about five minutes, then tears began to run down my face, but I didn't cry. Looking down at my covered knee, I saw that my hands had a thin coat of a dark liquid leaking through my fingers. Looking at one of my hands and I sighed.

^...^

My pants were ripped up pretty badly and my flesh wasn't in any better condition. I rolled up my pant leg trying the not provoke my wound, but that didn't help much. I put it back down unable to do it on my own and sat there. I tried to even out my breathing as I slowly went into shock. Closing my eyes, prepared for the worst accepting the fact that probably no one would find me until morning.

^Someone help me....^

I didn't want to admit it, but I couldn't do anything on my own in my current situation. I was never one to ask for help with anything. That's the main explanation why I'm so stubborn at times, but right now I didn't care about my independence. I wanted someone by my side. I needed someone by my side...

SNAP!!!

My eyes opened and my head shot up with my gaze traveling down the concrete path.I looked into the dark passed the street light and saw a tall, lanky figure. As I examined it up and down, I felt eyes on me.

^Uh oh....^

Instead of trying to get away like a smart person, I held my ground (Not like I had much of a choice in the first place). The figure stepped into the light. I froze. It was a boy, about the same age as I. He wore a black hoodie with bright blue designs that made up an upside down triangle going up to his collar, looking as though it shined in the light and black jeans. His hair was a bit messy and swiped to the side just above his eyes. His face was a bit like a child's with big soft eyes and a cute nose. He looked like a lost puppy. I couldn't help but let out a slight giggle at his expression.

He heard me. The boy tilted his head to the side slightly and came over.

I silenced myself and tensed up. He didn't get the message and knelt down in front of me. His expression was a mix between curious and blank as he  looked at me. He began to reach out to me and I immediately reacted. I didn't get very far...

"YA-UGH!!!" I yelled.

A jolt of piercing pain shot through me as I moved back. I breathed deeply trying to calm myself. The pain was growing worse and I closed my eyes as a tear managed to escape my grasp. The boy saw noticed and wiped it away with his thumb. I looked back at him, sniffing a little. He smiled at me. The boy reached for me again and I flinched. He looked at me as though he were saying it was okay. I inched back a little more wincing from the pain. He took my wrist, stopping me and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

^Damn... Why must you be so cute?^

I felt defenseless as it seemed like his eyes grew bigger as they sparkled in the light. I sighed, turning my away in defeat. I could sense he had a smile on his face, knowing he'd won. He let go of my wrist and removed my other hand from my knee which felt like it was stuck because of how long I'd been holding it. His eyes widened at the sight. I could tell it wasn't good. Carefully, he placed his hands on the underside of my leg set it down straight on the ground. I was nearly brought down to biting my own tongue trying to escape the pain. The boy took of his jacket revealing a white t-shirt underneath. He tore off one of the sleeves of his jacket and placed it on the ground. Stopping to think for a second, he spotted my backpack and crawled behind me.

"Hey!"

He took the bag off my back and started rummaging through. I wanted to fight back, but that wasn't much of an option while in my condition. I thought he was just gonna take what he wanted and leave me there for someone else. My mind was changed when he went back to my wound with a bottle of water and a cloth he got from my bag. I was a bit confused.

^What's he doing?^

He poured the water onto the cloth and dabbed it onto the bloody wound.

"Yaish!" I yelped.

He gave me an apologetic look and continued.

^Why is he doing this?^

When he finished cleaning it as much as he could, he wrapped it with his the sleeve he took off his jacket. He tied it tight making me wince.

^Strong one aren't cha?^

He smiled at his finished task. What he did next got me a bit peeved. He gathered my skateboard and backpack then walked off.

"YAH!!! What are you doing???" I shouted at him, not daring to move from my spot.

He kept walking leaving me in the dark.

^Figures...^

The boy once again caught me off guard when he stopped at a bench under the light and set my things down. He came back and put one arm around my waist and the other hooked under my legs.

"Don't touch me!" I said.

He didn't listen and proceeded to lift me up.

"PUT ME DOWN!!!"

My stubborn personality began to kick in.

He look at me with an annoyed expression and shrugged it off. He set me back down on the ground, walked to the bench and sat down. Looking back at me, he pat the open seat next to him gesturing for me to come and sit.

^Aw, HELL no!^

The boy sat back, crossing his arms and legs and waited for me. I felt so stupid for not accepting his kind hand, I wasn't gonna let him know. Taking a deep breath, I got onto my good leg and tried to stand. I could barely lift myself off the ground. My heart started to race and I started to go into shock again.

^Jenjang....^

I sat back down, breathing heavily and shaking. I heard him chuckle a bit and I could tell he had a smirk on his face. I glared at him, then spoke up.

"So what now?" I snapped. "Are you just gonna sit there, watching me all night?"

His smirk grew a bit as he shook his head. He pointed his finger at me and slowly began to raise it.

^What is he doing?^

I was honestly very confused by his random action until I suddenly felt weightless. I looked down and gasped.

I was floating.