...3rd...

Try to Remember

 

 

 

       “So, where should I take you, Minho-ssi?” Soojung asked the man in the passenger seat and broke the comfortable silence they had a moment before.

       “We’ve arrived already?” Minho looked around him. They already came downtown. He, again, checked his surrounding while thinking about any possible place where she could drop him by. The more he scanned the road, he grew aware that that path was somehow familiar to him. “Isn’t this the way to your stall? Are you going back there?”

       “Yes, it is. I’m not going there, though. I’m living around that neighborhood, not far from the stall. Ah, maybe you want me to drop you by on your office? It’s also near my stall, right?”

       “Yeah.” He nodded. “But you don’t need to drive me to the office, anyway. I think I will just stop at the nearest bus stop over there.” He pointed a bus stop rather far in front of them then gave a quick look to his timepiece. “There is nothing to do in my office at this time, I think.”

       “Okay.”

       “But…, let’s have something to eat, first, Soojung-ssi.”

       “Huh?”

       “It’s 8 PM now, aren’t you hungry?” Soojung gradually grabbed her stomach with one of her hands, she gave him a small smile and nodded her head slowly.

       Minho couldn’t hold himself to do not chuckle upon her cute action. “Ok. Then, we’ll eat first. My treat.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

       “Yah! Stop it! My brother would melt if you keep staring at him like that!”

       She was shocked by the voice. Coming back to earth after some time ago dancing in the air as she looked at the man little far in front of her dreamily. She scanned every details of his face; his hair which perfectly fell down reaching his shoulder; she remembered that back then he would always kept his hair tied, his comforting eyes which would get smaller when he smiled, his sharp nose and his lips, the lips that produced that breathtaking smile. She enjoyed it. Enjoyed the sight she had, the sight of him! Meanwhile, the person she was daydreaming about seemed didn’t notice it. He was too busy with the customer. She didn’t mind that, it was the best part instead. With that, she could freely keep her eyes on him without any worry of being caught. But, the voice just a while ago has helped her back to her sense, even though she didn’t want it. She turned her head back side, to the direction where the voice came from. She gasped and widened her eyes when she found the face of the spoken person, standing behind her. Then immediately the shocked face of her changed into an excited expression. She jumped happily from her seat just to give a big-tight-hug to the interrupter.

       “Soojung-ah. I miss you.” That’s all she said as she hugged her so close. “Yah! You startled me, you know?” She told again after breaking the hug. Pouted.

       Soojung just smiled at her. “Did I? Hmm.., But I think my voice wasn’t loud enough to surprise you. It was all because you were too busy admiring my brother. So that, a slight distraction might easily shock you.”

       “Yah! What are you talking about? Is this all you have to say to a friend that you haven’t met for years? You don’t even miss me, do you?” She told her friend, feigning hurt. But she could feel her cheeks so hot.

       “Aigo, of course I miss you, Suzi-ah. You know how happy I am when I got your message telling me that you’re gonna back to Seoul? It’s a big happiness for me to see my best friend again.” Soojung gave the sweetest smile she had to her. Hoped it would perfectly represent her real feeling meeting Suzi again. “So, how have you been? Oh my, look at you! You look more beautiful! Come on, sit down. I have many to ask to you….” Suzi nodded in agreement. She too, had many things to tell her.

       Suzi and Soojung have been friends since they were in middle school. They soon became close friends on the first day of school. Suzi was a good and kind hearted girl. She was the one who helped Soojung who got lost when she tried to find their class as the result of her sunbaes who made a fool of her, they told Soojung the opposite direction from where the real class should be located. But it was not that Soojung was the type who you could make a fun with even less the one that you could bully. In fact, she was a brave and strong girl. That ‘got lost’ incident just happened because she was too late for her first class and the worst thing she couldn’t find the class she should be in. That’s why she just believed everything her sunbaes told her. Beside her strong and brave personality, later on Suzi found that Soojung was a cheerful and friendly girl. It would be always nice to be around her, the atmosphere and the mood were always good if you were with her.

       Their friendship kept running as they entered high school and so when they were registered in college. They’d do many things together like shopping and all matters that girls could do. They would also always come to every basketball matches Jungshin might be involved to, to cheer him up of course. But when they finished the college, Suzi had to move to Japan due to a family matter. Of course they didn’t lose contact since then, they would still communicate through phone and email. But the feeling surely wasn’t as good as if you met the person personally, right?  Soojung was extremely happy as soon as she knew that Suzi would back to Seoul. She couldn’t wait the times they would be together and do anything together again. So did Suzi. No wonder that those two girls immediately sink in their own world in their first meeting after those several years of being separated.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

       Minho sat on the chair behind his table with lots of never-ending-looked papers. He was facing his laptop typing something, then looked at the papers lied down on his left. He studied the documents that his secretary just gave to him. He would easily locked in his world not minding his surroundings if it came to work. Yeah, he was a determined type person you could ever meet.

       “Have some fun, man! The world is too good if you just stuck on your paper over there.” Minho was distracted by the voice talked to him. It wasn’t difficult for him to get to know who the owner of that voice was. And as he predicted, he saw a man standing in his entrance way right in front of him. The man crossed his arms in front of his chest and leant his body to the side of the wall, smirking.

       “Hyung! You’re here. How long have you been there?”

       “Five minutes, I think. You don’t even notice my presence? So busy, huh?” He walked closer to Minho.

       “We’re no difference, hyung. Last time I hear from you, you are busy working on your new project, aren’t you? So what are you doing here, by the way?” Minho closed his laptop.

       “I’m not named Choi Siwon for nothing, little bro. I know how to have fun even in the busiest time.”

       Minho giggled at his childish answer. “What’s the meaning of Choi Siwon, actually? It has nothing to do with you have fun or not, hyung.”

       “Whatever! By the way, I met your mom, she said there will be a family gathering tonight in your parents’ residence and she wanted me to ask you whether you can make it or not.” Siwon told him as he seated himself on his table. “Geez, I pity you, Minho. It’s already hard for her to see you ever since you handle this company by yourself. Even harder when you decided to move to your own apartment.”

       “I also miss her, hyung. Miss my father too. I feel guilty for not able to see them often. Ok, I’ll call my mom later and tell her that I will come. Hyung will also come, right?”

       “Sure!”

       Minho looked at his timepiece then quickly tidying his documents. He raised from his seat and took his coat which he put on the back of the chair before. “Come on!” He said as he walked toward the door, motioned to Siwon to follow him.

       “Where to?” Siwon asked, confused.

       “Being busy doesn’t mean I don’t know how to have fun, hyung. I’m Choi too, remember?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

       “So this is what you mean with ‘Have fun’?” Siwon looked at his surroundings uncomfortably.

       “When your job stressed you out, don’t you feel much more better after you eat?”

       “I know that! But why HERE? Why is this place?” He asked Minho with an annoyed face. Minho knew his hyung well. Siwon was a luxurious person, he surely didn’t like to be in that stall where Minho dragged him.

       “Wait until you eat the ramyeon here, hyung. It’s really delicious! I bet you’ll like it.” Minho ended his answer with a smile while Siwon who sat across in front of him just gave him a death glare.

       “Minho-ssi?”

       Minho looked up after hearing someone called his name. He saw the person who just greeted him standing in front of him then grinned widely. “Oh, Soojung-ssi, how are you?”

       “Fine. What about you? Oh right, did your car come back home safely?”

       “Yeah, it did.” He answered her. “But, Soojung-ssi, I don’t see Mr. Lee is around. I wonder where…..” Minho wasn’t able to finish his words because suddenly Soojung cut him off.

       “Ah.., my father goes to an orphanage.” She told him. But then she realized that she needed to explain to him more when she saw that confused look plastered on his face. “Every week my father, my brother, and I will go to some places like orphanage or children hospital to allot free ramyeon for the kids. We do it in turn, so that when one person goes the rest will handle the customers here.”

       Minho nodded his head to tell her that he got her point. “So, the day when I met you in the backyard of the children hospital.., that day, you went there to give ramyeon to the children there?”

       “Hmm..” She nodded her head excitedly.

       “But, isn’t that place too far from you to go to? Why did your father asked you to go there?”

       “Honestly, I was the one who insisted to go there.” Actually Minho still had many things to ask her. Something like why she really wanted to go that children hospital. But he held back his curiosity when he knew that Soojung started to feel uncomfortable with their chat and wanted to go back working. “I’m really sorry, but I think I wasted much time here, Minho-ssi. The other customers are getting louder. So as usual, one portion ramyeon for you?”

       “Make it two for today.” He said as he looked at back to Siwon who was completely being ignored during their short conversation before.

       “Two?” She asked back confusingly but managed herself to follow Minho’s gaze direction. “Ah, you come with a friend.”

       “My cousin to be exact.” Minho corrected her.

       “Ah, I see. I’m really sorry, mister. I completely didn’t notice that you have been here before.” She bowed to the man as she sent him her apology.

       “Not a problem for me, miss. Just take it easy.”

       “Okay, two portions will come. Please wait, it won’t be long.” She then leaved them and back to the kitchen to serve their order. The two men sat on their seats watched her retreating back before then she disappeared when the kitchen’s door closed.

       Siwon turned his head back to Minho when suddenly something popped out in his mind. “Even though the dish here tastes like hell, there’s no doubt that you will still have time to come here, Minho-yah.”

       Minho didn’t say any word. He only looked at his cousin, raised one eyebrow, enough to tell Siwon that he didn’t have any idea about what was the topic he was trying to put on. Siwon crossed his arms on the table supporting his upper body as he leaned closer to the younger man.

       “She’s pretty, isn’t she?” He smirked.

       Minho was fully aware what exactly Siwon was thinking that moment. And then he told him that it had nothing to do with Soojung if he always came there, to the stall. He had to convince him really hard since he was Siwon, a difficult to handle one. He wouldn’t believe what the younger one said that easy and it drove Minho crazy. No matter how determined he was, how hard he explained, Siwon wouldn’t budge. He kept teasing him by telling him that he must have some interest to that stall girl. However, Minho wouldn’t let the other Choi thought about him that way, the more Siwon the more he denied it.

       He then let a relief sigh exited from his mouth when finally Siwon stopped teasing him and chose to believe in him. That feeling didn’t last long, though. Because he suddenly felt insecure at the moment he saw a familiar smile curved in the lips of that good-looking man in front of him and then escaped ‘Well, that’s a good news to hear.’ Softly from his mouth more like talking to him himself.

       No, he couldn’t!

       “Hyung, I know that smile of yours. I know the meaning of that expression you put on your face just right now. And I tell you, Not HER!” Minho raised and pressed his voice as he said the last two words. Minho knew his hyung really well, inside and outside. They have been together for a long time since they were still in diaper. Although they have 2 years between them, somehow it didn’t make them became awkward to each other. Instead, they were so comfortable to each other. Both of them were the only heir of their family, no brother nor sister. So, it was like a silent agreement between the both of them to treat one another like the real younger and older brothers. They hang up together as they got the time and shared to each other. To think about it more, they’ve known each other for not less than 20 years, long enough to get to know your companion like a book. Siwon was a good brother for Minho, the perfect one Minho could ever have. He loved everything in him except this one thing.

       “Why not? You said you didn’t have any special relationship with her, and it also seemed to me that you have no intention to make a further move to her. So, why can’t I grab the chance?”

       “I know how you will be when it is about girl. You can chase after any girl you want, hyung. But definitely not Soojung.” Minho told Siwon, looked straight to his eyes.

       Choi Siwon, this perfect brother of him, was the city heartthrob. If you can say it that way. He was handsome, well built, and rich. Beside his charming and elegant look, he could be sweet too. He admired beautiful girls, and there was no doubt that every girl would fall easily into his charm. Nobody could resist him. That wasn’t wrong for a man to like beautiful woman. The thing was, Minho rarely, even you could say it never, found Siwon stayed in a serious relationship with a woman. He would always catch him hanging around with a woman, had his hand on her waist, kept his eyes on her and checked her out naughtily – a scene that made Minho wanted to puke even when he thought about it. And the next week, he would come to Minho’s room in the office gripped another woman’s hand and introduced her as his ‘girlfriend’. He could still remember the faces of the poor ladies and suddenly felt sorry for them. But he couldn’t imagine that Soojung’s face would be also included in one of them.

       “So, she’s Soojung, huh?” Siwon asked in amusement. “But Minho, for a person who just said that he has no interest toward her, isn’t you paying too much attention to her? Or…” He trailed off. “….maybe you already change your mind and want to take back what you’ve said before?”

       “What? NO! Of course that’s not what I mean. I….I….just say this because….” Minho got confused of himself, why should he care anyway? Siwon must got more suspicious at him. He traced every single reason he might use, the most reasonable one of course. “….friend! We are friends, she is my friend! That’s why you can’t play around with her.” That’s it! Friend! Of course, I did it for the sake of our friendship. He told himself, smiling proudly to the fact how genius he was that moment.

       “Ok, I understand that, Minho! In the name of friendship, huh? Well, I’ll think about it again.” Siwon positively could see a slight relief expression on his face. “But, please note that I will think about it again doesn’t mean that I have let her go, man. I just can’t decide whether I need to dangle after her or not. I’ll surely tell you if I have made one.” He added. “But…., until the decision day comes, I think I will come to this place more often.” He said his last statement while looking at the door of the room where Soojung had gone a while ago.

       “YAH! HYUNG!!!”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I added two more characters in this fic, Choi Siwon and Suzi Bae. Hope you don’t mind it, guys :)

For Suzi, I really couldn’t think of someone else to be Soojung’s best friend here. I know, I could put Luna or Sulli here but I didn’t. it’s not that I don’t like the rest of f(x), I love them all instead! I chose Suzi over them because I have my own reason. And for Choi Siwon; if he is your ultimate bias, please forgive me cause I make him such a playful man here. I don’t hate him, it’s just because he’s too handsome and irresistible. Well, you can’t be categorized as a playful man unless you have those two points, right? Kekekeke :D

@sherlocklove==> thanks for loving my story. I hope this chapter doesn’t disappoint you =D I love minstal too. They are my inspiration and the reason I write this story. :)

@CNBlue-Lee-Jungshin==>Sorry if Jungshin doesn’t appear in these two chapters lately. But I have Suzi here. I bet you do know where this story is gonna go, right? Even though this is a minstal fanfic, but I can’t abandon other couple also. I hope you’ll like it. ~_^

@queenpi==> hahaha.., yeah, it’s cute when Soojung kept nagging at Minho. But, it’s sooooo much adorable when she acted cute at him. Am I right? #wink

@periwinkleberry==> as much as you wait for their sweet moments, I do want them too. I can’t wait the time when I could write a chapter full of their sweet moments. I hope there will be one. ^_^

@yayacute==> I hope that, too, dear. Not only in fanfic, but I do hope they would be together in real life. <3

Thank you for reading, so much thank you for subscribing and sorry for any mistakes..  if you have something on your mind about this fic, please let me know~ #puppy eyes (“-“)