Introducing EXO

You Touched Me, Therefore I Give You Hell.

 

“LEE HARU, GET UP NOW OR YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE!!” My mother yelled in my ear. I carefully turned and put a pillow over my ear, trying my best to block her noises out. “YAH!!! Haru-yah~ you’re not going to be able to put us out of our misery with that kind of grumpy attitude.” She reasoned. I shifted.

“I’m not going to put you out of your misery,” I answered, “I’m merely continuing it. Let Hyungwon put you out of your misery; he’s the male.”

“Ani ani ani ani ani!!! You’re the oldest, therefore you’re the breadwinner!” She shook her head. “Now get dressed! Your uniform is ironed and ready~” she beamed as she left the room, pointing at the uniform that hung on my wardrobe door. I glared at it, wishing it would magically burst into flames. Unfortunately it didn’t, so I had no choice but to put it on. Someone should seriously pay me to put this thing on, I grumbled to myself.

After putting on my uniform, I carefully opened my bedroom door so I could see into the living room. When I saw that the coast was clear, I slowly tiptoed over to the main door. I was just about to turn the knob when my brother stopped me.

“Roll your kilt up!” He yelled. I looked at him strangely.

“No.” I told him, sticking my tongue out. Any normal brother would be fine that I was wearing the kilt at full length… Not Lee Hyungwon.

“Yah!! How are you supposed to marry a rich guy if you can’t show some skin?” He pouted.

“I’m supposed to marry a rich guy?” I asked, more to myself than him. He stared at me like I grew an extra head.

“How else do you think we’ll get saved from our financial situation?” He asked plainly.

“You?” I asked, shrugging. He laughed.

“I’m going to be taking care of the family business,” He told me, sticking his tongue out, “so you’re responsible for marrying into a good family with a lot of money so my life is easier.” He said as he started “fixing” my kilt. I frowned and let him, figuring that I could fix it on my way to school.

“This family confuses me so much…” I muttered. Hyungwon laughed.

“Live with it, noona~ you can’t choose family.” He said pointedly. “Now go!!!” He said, giving my a small pat.

“You know, it’s really hard to believe you’re only fifteen.” I commented, opening the door and walking out. I glanced at the sky and realized that the sun was slightly higher than usual. Looking at my (very non-expensive) watch, I cussed out and started running to school, even though I knew I would be late anyway. Hey, at least if I ran, I would be a little bit less late. I was relieved when, after ten minutes of solid running, the massive school I attended came into view.

Geumjeon Elite High School (yes, they seriously named a high school “treasure”) is known as a high school exclusively for the rich. With eight tennis courts, ten Olympic-sized pools, six private cafeterias, six conference rooms, five gymnasiums, four arcades, and four parks, it was really easy to see why the school only admitted the richest of the rich. Now how does this explain why I’m attending this school when my family was dirt poor? Easy: scholarships. In junior high I had a near-perfect average, and that pretty much gave me free reign of which high school I wanted to go to. My parents, always thinking about money, chose the richest school for me.

I ran into the school gates, and as expected no one was outside. Because the school actually has a strict policy on running for any occasion other than gym (and a very hefty punishment fee if you were caught), I changed my running pace to a brisk walk. Whenever I passed a teacher, they looked at me strangely but couldn’t say anything because I technically wasn’t breaking any rules. I was almost at my locker when suddenly all the classroom doors opened and I was trampled by the 600 students in the school. After initially recovering, I rolled my eyes. I knew exactly what was going on. Wow, they’ve arrived at school, Yay… I thought absently, attempting to weave between the mob of students to get to my locker. Along the way, I bumped into someone, and they fell over with a loud yelp. I stopped, wide eyed. Everyone at this school is so pretty, I swear.

“I’m so sorry,” I started apologizing, bowing 90 degrees. She blinked, startled.

“…It’s okay~” she eventually said, smiling slightly. I grinned, extending a hand to help her up. She stared at it, looking sort of like she was unsure what to do with it. Eventually she took my hand and I pulled her up, shaking her hand after she was stable.

“I’m Lee Haru. I’m not rich; my parents own a small cafe.” I introduced myself. opened and closed.

“So…you’re on a scholarship?” She asked me. I nodded, slightly embarrassed. She paused in thought, then smiled tentatively. “Me too~” she grinned.

“So I take it you’re new, then? I was the only scholarship student here, as far as I knew.” I told her. Her eyes widened, and she smiled again.

“Yeah, I’m new… I just got here yesterday.” She nodded. “… I’m Han Minkyo.” She said proudly, sticking her hand out. I shook it, laughing slightly. Someone pushed her slightly, and she glanced over at that person, her face absolutely blank.

“Oh, if you’re wondering why everyone’s running down the stairs, it’s because EXO’s arrived at school.” I said nonchalantly. She turned and shot a curious gaze at me. I smiled inwardly.

“EXO?” She voiced. I nodded.

“There’s two branches of the Treasure Elite School: Geumjeon and Qián. The six richest boys of each school call themselves EXO. Obviously, since there are two school branches, there are two branches of EXO. There’s EXO-K, which we have here, and EXO-M, which is over in Qián. The EXO members here are Suho, Baekhyun,  Chanyeol, D.O, Kai, and Sehun. Over in China, EXO is made up of Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen, and Tao. No one really knows who the richest out of all the guys is, but it’s well known that Sehun’s parents own a trillion-dollar global company, so here at the school we’ve assumed that he’s the richest. He hasn’t really said anything to prove us wrong otherwise… Then again he also doesn’t really talk in general.” I trailed off, slightly going off-topic. Minkyo blinked. “ANYWAYS!! If you want to go downstairs you can; I’ve seen it so often that I’m just not interested anymore, so I unfortunately won’t be joining you—”

“Why not??? I don’t know where I’m going, and now that I’ve made a friend I don’t want to go alone!” She pouted. I looked at her for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time until I finally gave up.

“Fine,” I sighed, “I’ll go with you.” I told her, and she squealed happily, jumping up and down. “Now let’s go, everyone’s already there.” I said, taking her arm and gently pulling her down the stairs. She happily followed along, and we stopped at the top of the stairs so Minkyo would have a perfect view. The front doors dramatically opened, and I rolled my eyes (Minkyo let out an awed gasp) as EXO walked in, with Sehun leading. Even though Suho was their leader (because he was the oldest), at the school they rank people by how rich they are, so Sehun makes the decisions while Suho speaks on behalf of the entire group. I pointed them each individually out to her, but it seemed like she was lost in her own world, so I let her be.

Things were going normally, EXO was proceeding towards the stairs that led to their classroom, when suddenly Sehun stopped. Everyone looked at him curiously, and I heard him speak the most words he’s probably ever publicly spoken ever.

“You, with the same shoes as me. Come here.” He boredly pointed to someone in the crowd. Someone slowly emerged and stood in front of Sehun, and everyone’s interest suddenly sparked. “Where did you get those shoes?” Sehun asked him, his face still bored-looking. The other guy shrank back as he answered.

“My parents bought them for me,” he stammered in a tiny voice. Sehun chuckled.

“Do you know that those shoes were made especially for me? I’m supposed to be the only one in the world with those shoes. So you having them would mean that you stole them.” The almighty snothead deduced. I wonder if his throat hurts now… I thought, biting my lip to keep from showing a smile. “D.O, do you still have some orange juice left?” He asked. D.O, who was standing directly behind him, gave him his bottle of orange juice. Sehun opened it and, without saying a word, dumped it on his shoe-mate’s shoes. Everyone cringed, EXO’s faces remained as blank as ever, and the one with the ruined shoes started sobbing. Once there wasn’t any orange juice left in the bottle, Sehun gave it back to D.O, muttering a “sorry for wasting your juice” to him, and he and the rest of EXO continued their walk up to their hideout-classroom-place-thing (they called it a classroom, but they didn’t seem to learn anything).

As soon as the door closed behind them, everyone began to disperse and go back to their classes. I turned to Minkyo. “What classes do you have?”

“Business, Modeling, English, History, Psychology, Design. You?” She asked, listing her courses.

“Chemistry, Biology, Philosophy, English, Music, Drama.” I mentally sulked. She frowned.

“So we can only spend lunch together?” She asked somewhat glumly. I shrugged.

“I guess…” I trailed off. The bell for our next class ran, and we hurriedly said our goodbyes before splitting up to get to our next class.

~

HOKAY!!!! The not-very-long chapter that took me a week to write because of school T^T... Hopefully I'll update at least once a week, but because I'm in school there are no guarantees. So this is it for now ^ ^ hope you enjoyed~

Also, thank you to the 20-or-so subscribers who subscribed even when this story was just a foreword :) I really appreciate it!!

Comments are loved, but no flames please :))