Nightmare come to life...

The Curse of Love

Chapter ~1~

 

-LiNa P.O.V-

 

It was dark… and cold… for some reason I was walking in a direction I knew not of… I wasn’t even sure if was walking… maybe I was… I could feel the ground beneath my feet and something else… a presence… no not one… six…

Suddenly, like spotlight was directed at me, I stood in a pool of light and around me six figures. Each was dressed in a cloak the hood of which covered their face. Who are they? As though hearing my thoughts, because I don’t remember moving my mouth at all, they each reach for the hood that concealed their identities and lifted them off

LiNa…

What? Who’s calling my name?

LiNA Kyung…Ma-

I spun around in a circle to see which of my spectators was calling out to me. I saw one of them reach for me.

Who are you?

LiNa…

“LiNa WAKE UP!” yelled a familiar voice into my ear. When I opened my eyes JinSu was shaking me with frustration in her eyes.

“God, you sleep like the dead!” my best friend commented when I yawned in her face. She retreated her hands off my shoulders and folded them over her chest.

“Does science bore you that much?” she questioned and pulled a chair up to my desk.

“If I don’t understand it, I don’t like it and if I don’t like it-“ I began and JinSu went on to finish my sentence,

“I don’t pay attention to it, yes I know” she mocked me and then leaned on my table.

“What?” I questioned as she inspected my face with a smile stretched on her full lips.

“You have a red mark on your forehead” she giggled. I shrugged and rose.

“Are you going to get your lunch?” JinSu asked, rising with me. She caught up to me at the door as we both headed down the narrow school hallway towards the art department building.

“Nah, I’m not hungry… I was going to check on my art project…” I responded flatly, still half asleep.

“LiNa… what was your dream about?” the seriousness in my friends voice startled me. She knew me to well… only reason for my coldness towards her now is because my brain is still trying to wrap around what my spectators were saying to me.

I’ve come to be oddly familiar with the figures in my dream because it’s not the first time I’ve seen them.

I started having this dream about a month ago and at that time it was still very vivid and obscure… I didn’t care much for it until it began re occurring and becoming more and more vivid as the date of my birthday neared.

“It was the same dream wasn’t it…” JinSu went on taking my silence into account as a silent answer.

“One of them spoke to me… I didn’t see their faces… but they were taking their hoods off this time…” I muttered knowing that JinSu would hear me.

“What did the spectator say?” JinSu questioned. I knew she was examining my face and becoming frustrated with how well I’ve learned to mask my emotions.

“I think he said Mama…”

 

 

 

~ Exo K and Exo M members that were still at the age of attending school have enrolled in Mai Academy about a month ago. Instantly becoming the new school Kinkas they were frequently showered with attention from girls that they all went on ignoring. They have debuted with their new songs that instantly became a hit but no one knew what the actual message being one of their songs was. No one had any idea the real intentions of them enrolling M.A. Kai, SeHun, D.O as well as Tao enrolled as students with their mission in mind~

 

“It’s been a month… and we still have no idea who the two are!” exclaimed Kai in frustration as soon as the 4 boys were sure they were alone. It was a lunch break and after finishing fan servicing the scream packs of girls, Exo boy were finally able to talk.

“Don’t look at me, I wasn’t the one with the wack idea to come to this stupid school in the first place.” Hissed Tao

The boys have become accustomed to spending their lunch hours on the rooftop, it being the only place they could really be alone without a threat of being followed.

Tao sat down on the concrete floor of the roof and let out a frustrated sigh.

“I’m sorry but I’m sure they’re here… I can smell them.” Said SeHun almost dreamily as he tilted his head and took a deep breath of the fresh air.

“Keep your odors to yourself how about that?” laughed D.O as he sat down beside Tao.

Silence fell. All 12 of the members were becoming desperate. They were running out of time and who knows what would happen if the sacrifices were not found

“What are we gonna do if we don’t find the right ones?” muttered Tao and looked at his friends.

“No idea… wait another 100 years?” joked Kai but no one laughed.

The opportunity comes only every 100 years to find the sacrifices that will finally free all 12 of them of their torture.

“How do we even know they’re girls this time around?” SeHun suddenly asked.

“We don’t but we hope, because it will be super awkward if it’s guys…” laughed Kai in a non-humorous way.

“I’m hungry…” D.O said suddenly after a long pause and got up walking towards the rooftop exit.

“You guys want anything?” he asked as a way of courtesy.

No answer.

“Okay… sodas it is then!” with that he disappeared behind the door.

“I really hope we find them soon…” muttered Kai and the air around him began to ripple.

“Where are you going?” Tao shot suddenly staring with a little of anger in his eyes.

“I’m getting food too. Be back in a flash.” Then he was gone into thin air.

“Stupid teleportation makes Kai lazy…” muttered SeHun making Tao laugh.

 

 

-LiNa P.O.V-

“Where do you wanna eat today?” JinSu asked as she filled her plate with food. We stood in the lunch line with all the other students this time. Usually we went out to get some food from a near by shop but today I just didn’t feel like going anywhere…

“Let’s eat outside behind the big tree we always did last year.

JinSu laughed and agreed.

I put an apple, some rice and vegetables on my tray. Giving the lunch lady my ticket we headed to the door.

“LiNa!” called a voice behind us and we both paused and turned.

A smiling boy approached us and waved. “Do you… have a minute?” he asked rubbing the back of his head.

Oh no… read JinSu’s face. I too knew where this was going and decided to put it off as long as I could.

“Sorry Lee, but I’m a in hurry right now, maybe later?” I said giving the boy an eye smile. With a little bit of relief he nodded and ran back to his table of friends who crowded him with questions.

JinSu and I turned the corner in silence and to my surprise I hit something headfirst.

Thankfully the person I ran into had caught my tray so nothing spilled.

“I’m sorry! I wasn’t looking where I was going…” I muttered and bowed. Not bothering to look at the person I ran into I stepped around him only to have my arm grabbed.

“It’s alright… do I… know you?” said the boy looking at me with a strange emotion in his face… hope? I recognized him after a pause. He was one of the school Kingkas , this one’s name was D.O, that entered the academy about a month ago. Their arrival caused such a fuss it was sickening...

I watched as girls passed us whole entering the cafeteria, pointing fingers my direction and pretty much shooting daggers with their eyes.

I jerked my arm out of his grip.

“No, I don’t think so. I’m in a year below you” I responded and turned to JinSu. My eyes widened when I found another on of the Kingkas, I think his name was Kai, he’s in my dance class, was beside JinSu staring at us both with the same type of expression. When did he get here?

“Hi LiNa!” he greeted with a bright smile. I responded with a bow of the head. The two guys exchanged a strange look and then stared down at JinSu and I.

“Well, sorry again. See you in class Kai.” With that I pushed JinSu and we headed outside… what was that all about?

“LiNa! LiNa slow down! What is wrong with you today!?” exclaimed JinSu when we finally reached the tree.

“I don’t know! But those two… together… like that… did you not feel weird around them?!” I questioned, desperate to find an answer for my weird feelings in the presence of those two. I mean I could easily write off the weird feeling I got around Kai in class because he was attractive, but around the two of them it was completely different…

“Yeah… that was a strange feeling…” JinSu admitted and sat down on the grass.

For some reason all I could think of was my dream…

 

 

 

“Is it them?” D.O demanded suddenly forgetting all about his hunger.

“Yeah, I’m positive…” Kai responded with a wide grin and vanished, risking exposure in front of the whole school, he didn’t care. After today they would no longer have to attend school if what he felt earlier was correct.

On the rooftop Tao  and SeHun were chatting about nothing in particular when Kai teleported in, nearly falling over.

“We found them! They’re here!” He exclaimed pointing to the edge of the roof that oversaw the schoolyard.

He rushed towards it and hung over it a little to enthusiastically.

The other two boys exchanged curious looks and got up to join him.

“Over there, under the tree. Those two! That’s them!” Kai breathed in his excitement.

“Are you sure?” SeHun questioned, narrowing his eyes.

Kai nodded.

“Well then let’s pick them up after school…” said Tao and headed outside.

“Geez Tao, you’re so murky sometimes! You know what this means! We’re free! In a little bit of time we will be free!” Kai exclaimed teleporting himself beside Tao.

Tao stared down at him with anger.

“I’m sorry but frankly pushing my curse onto someone else, especially a normal human girl, doesn’t make me happy. It feels disgusting!” with that he disappeared behind the door.

 

 

 

-LiNa P.O.V-

 

School ended just like it began… boring!

After my dance class I headed out in my practice clothes which consisted of black jaggings and a white oversized t-shirt that I paired with a black tank top underneath. I grabbed my bags from the locker room.

“LiNa! I hear Lee was going to confess to you today!” giggled one of the girls from my class as she changed. The attention in the room turned to me.

“Was he? I wouldn’t know I was too busy so I didn’t talk to him.” I dismissed her, not giving her the satisfaction of gossip.

I slammed the door behind me to get my point of stay out of my business across and began walking to science department building to meet JinSu.

After finally meeting up with her I felt light hearted as we headed home laughing.

JinSu and I were best friends for a long time, ever since we found out that our birthday was on the same day, May 3rd. It is currently April 3rd, exactly a month until our birthday and we have decided to celebrate our coming of age together.

It was a warm day to be walking back. Trees were already almost fully in bloom of green and the air has already become warm enough to wear t-shirts.

As we were about to turn the corner and exit the school gate an unexpected gust of wind ripped out of nowhere and right in front of us as though blocking our path. We covered our eyes from the dust that was swept up with the wind and when we opened them again a group of guys stood before us amongst whom I recognized two from before, Kai and D.O.

“What is this?” I questioned as then blocked our path from leaving.

“We need to talk to you guys…” said Kai with a friendly smile that I didn’t at all like.

“We’re in a hurry…” began JinSu

“We don’t have time for this today, maybe next ti-“ I was cut of by what happened next

Before me a leaf was floating on the aftermath of the sudden wind gust form before. What made me stop talking wasn’t the leaf but the way it suddenly froze mid-flight. Everything around us did.

As though instinctively I locked eyes with one of the guys who seemed focused. He saw me looking and looked away. He went to my school, right?

“What is going on…” muttered JinSu as she clung to my arm.

“What we are about to tell you will take more explanation than what I will give you right now, which is why we need to talk to you in private. But…Simply said you are our salvation, Mama.” Said the eldest looking of the boys.

My heart stopped beating for a moment and I knew JinSu was staring at me… that’s what the guy in my dreams said to me…

Only this wasn’t a dream at all… I think…