Our Fourth Anniversary

Lucky Girlfriend

It was lunch time and I didn’t want to be at the canteen. After Hyuna slandered me yesterday, I have no mood in doing what I am doing. Even with Jonghyun by my side, my mood doesn’t seem to be lifted up.

“Baby, what do you want to eat?” Jonghyun asked me while I am trying to solve some math questions.

“I don’t want anything.” I answered.

“I know you want something. I’ll get you something to eat. I’ll be back so do not go anywhere, all right? Be right back, baby.” He smiled and walk to the door with both Aron and Minzy.

A group of girls start to swamped around me as if they are reporters.

“Hyemi, how do you get JR as your boyfriend?” A classmate asked.

“How do you both ended up together?” Another one added.

“How do you feel being JR’s girlfriend?” A girl said and her friend knocked her head, “Of course she feels very happy.” She continued, “You’re one lucky girl. Do you know that?”

I smiled and continue doing the questions back ignoring what other people are saying.

“But did you really do that to Hyuna?” A girl asked suddenly making my heart skip a beat.

“Do you believe what happened yesterday, Lihyun?” I asked her.

“No. I know you won’t do that. I’m going back to my seat first.” She answered quickly and went back to her seat.

“At least there’s someone who believed me.” I sigh and put down my pen and took out my Ipod and stuck the earpiece in my ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Omo, look at that. I saw his girlfriend has to do detention yesterday.”

“Really? Why does JR even want her to be his girlfriend?”

“I bet he just want to play with her and then dumped her for good.” Two girls gossiped and I can’t just stand there doing nothing.

“Excuse me, little girls. Can you stop talking about my baby here? She does nothing wrong and I don’t think you have the right to say anything bad about her. You have no right to comment about people like that. No one is perfect, remember? So, I hope that I won’t hear this kind of about my girl anymore. Understood?” I said hot them a look.

They gasped and make their mouth opened wider.

“Four potato cheese, please.” I ordered and she hand me the potato cheese, Baby’s favorite.

“See you later, lovey dovey couple. I’m going back by my baby’s side.” I smiled and walked away from the canteen.

~~~~~~~~~`

“Isn’t it good if you act like him?” Minzy said to Aron.

“I’ll try, Minnie.” Aron gave Minzy a smile.

“For the last time, call me Minzy.” Minzy rolled her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~`

“Baby, let’s go to the branch and eat this together. We still have twenty minutes more.” Jonghyun walked in to the class.

“I’m lazy to walk, Jonghyun.” I replied.

“Don’t be. Your fat will like it and you will grow sideways which is not good. Come on, baby.” He put my pencil down and holds my hand.

The whole class looked at us with some talking while shooting a glare at us. It feels insane. This is why I don’t want our relationship to be known by the public.

We reached the branch that is located near the school pond and it was totally quiet because that place doesn’t really have much student visits there.

Jonghyun dusted off the branches of trees and patted the seat asking me to sit down.

“Smile, baby. You won’t know what awesome thing will happen next. Here have some potato cheese. I know you love it.” He handed me the food and thanked him.

“You know what, this is like the first time I’ve ever seen you so moody. Actually, I miss you when you’re trying to talk a lot and nag at me. Be that baby please.” He pouted while munching on his food.

“Jonghyun, you’re making me feel bad.” I deflate my shoulders.

“Okay okay. Eat your food before we walk back up.” He continued eating his second potato cheese.

I sigh and just silently wondering why Hyuna did that yesterday when she is my best friend four years ago. Since she met Hyorin, she turned bad but what weird is Hyorin doesn’t seem bad at all compared to Hyuna.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

I was at my room when mum called me, “Jaejoong, come down now. I and your dad have something to discuss about Jonghyun’s wedding.” She shouted at the top of her lungs.

“Jonghyun’s wedding? I hope that doesn’t happen though. He looks so happy with Hyemi by his side.” I sighed and walked down the spiral staircase.

“Look at this, Jaejoong-uh. Isn’t this great? We have already planned on how Jonghyun’s wedding card will look like.” She point to the computer screen.

“Mum, dad, I don’t think this will be a good idea. Jonghyun wouldn’t want to get married in such a young age with a girl he doesn’t know.” I said boldly.

“Why wouldn’t he? Hyuna looks much better than his current girlfriend. Both Hyuna’s parents are loaded and I don’t even know how poor his current girlfriend is. She does not make a good daughter-in-law, Jaejoong.” She replied while putting her legs over another and sipped a coffee which the maids prepared for her.

“Why do you say like that, mum? You don’t even know Jonghyun’s girlfriend. She will be hurt if she knew you said this about her.” I answered.

“Let her be. She will not be related to me and never will she be.” She replied back arrogantly.

“I haven’t seen that picture of Jonghyun before. Where did you get that?” I asked curiously while looking at the wedding card.

“I can do whatever I want without anyone’s permission.” She smirked. Sometimes I wonder if she really is my mum. She doesn’t look like one or she doesn’t even act like one.

“Tell me if this needs any changes or something.” She questioned.

“I don’t know what I have to say anymore, mum. You’re just exaggerating everything. Jonghyun will not be happy with this.” I answered and walked back up my room ignoring both my parents.

“Juri, why do you want to work here?” I asked Juri, a maid, who is wiping our family photo frame without Jonghyun in it.

“I have too. I have family to feed and there’s no one who can work for my family.” She answered.

“How can you even be patience with mum’s attitude?” I asked again.

“I have to be patience and think about my family. They are my motivations to continue working here. It’s late, young master. I better get back to my room.” She said and walk down the staircase.

“Poor Juri. She’s only 20 and she has to work under this kind of conditions.” I opened the door of my room and jumped on my bed thinking about my little brother, Jonghyun.

~~~~~~~~~~`

A month passed by quickly and we only left one month till our mid-term.

“Jonghyun, teach me maths. I have to be fast if not my grades will be degrading.” I anxiously asked him to teach me.

“Araso araso. Tonight I will teach you but before that do you remember what day is tomorrow?” He asked.

“Ermm, 16 August?” I replied.

“Yes. It’s 16 August.” He said slowly.

“Jonghyun, I know what day it is. Concentrate on our mid-term first, okay? This is the last year we’re here. I hope.” I replied.

“Baby, I have no mood for mid-term.” He sighed.

“Well, you have no choice.” I shrugged my shoulders and went back to memorized the formula for Chemistry.

The night came and both of us are studying and the whole room is messed up with papers and pencils all around the room.

Jonghyun sit back straight up and stretched his back.

“I don’t find studying interesting, seriously.” He said.

I looked at him and answered, “Who loves studying, by the way?”

“I thought you love studying baby. Babe, another few hours more to come.” He grinned and sat on my bed.

“I know I know. So, let’s finish this up and go to sleep, all right?” I said

“For your sake, baby.” He continues teaching me math.

“For your own sake.” I corrected.

~~~~~~~~~~`

An hour passed by while we are silently doing our revision and another few more minutes to come and we will be celebrating our four years together.

My watch shows the date and it’s finally 16 August.

“Baby, guess what day is it?” I said.

“Jonghyun, we’re still not finished yet.” She answered.

“Baby, at least wished something for our four years together.” I sighed.

“OH MY GOD! IT’S ALREADY 16 AUGUST? I TOLD YOU TO FINISH THIS WORK FASTER.” She sat up straight.

“Baby, that’s not the wish I want to hear.” I pouted.

“I like teasing you.” She pinched my nose and takes my hand, “Happy Four Years Together, Jonghyun. May we last forever and I hope you will be loyal to me and not go for other girls who are much better than me.” She sweetly wished.

I hold her hand tight and embraced her in my arms tightly.

“I will, baby. You will only be mine and I will only be yours.” I smiled and she put her hand on my back and we stayed like this until she says, “Jonghyun, let’s pack up. I don’t want to sleep late.” She broke our hug and packed her things up.

“The night is still young, babe.” I replied.

“Goodnight, Jonghyun. See you tomorrow.” She smiled and pushed me out of her room.

I loved her for who she is even though she may not be the sweetest girlfriend in others eyes but she will always be in my eyes. I opened the door of my room and went inside to have a good night sleep.

~~~~~~~~~`

I went back to my home right after school so that I can bake some cookies for Jonghyun. I will be meeting him this afternoon at 5p.m.

“It’s still 2.30. Got to be fast!” I tightened the straps of my back bag and I walked fast towards the bus stop.

Before that, when I walk pass Music Corner, I saw Hayden playing the piano. The song he played the first day he came to school, Kiss The Rain.

I walk pass him and thinking about my Four Anniversary with Jonghyun makes me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~`

‘Should I tell him what I heard yesterday? That Jonghyun and Hyuna will eventually get married?’ Baekhyun taught.

Hayden was sitting on the piano chair and wanting to play the song if by chance, Hyemi walk pass him.  Through his actions, he seems like he can make a loyal boyfriend but too bad the girl that he wants already have a boyfriend.

In front of the piano, the school has put a mirror and when Hyemi arrived at the Music Corner, Hayden start playing but Hyemi totally ignored him.

“I feel bad for him, seriously.” Baekhyun sighed and looked at Hayden’s back who look so sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Chocolate cookies done. I just have to put M&M toppings on top of it and we’re done.” I clapped my hand and mum walked in the kitchen.

“So, what are you doing later?” Mum asked.

I dust my hands and replied, “I don’t know what he planned but I want to give this to him.”

“How about your plan?” She asked.

“What do you think I should do?” I questioned her back.

“Not sure but you can always ask Minki. Do you know that every time he went back from work, he will always eat his dinner then run to his room and read his book? During breakfast, he will take his book with him and then his eat his toast while the other hand he will hold the book. It’s quite weird.” She said.

“Omma, if you want to know, I was the one who recommend him to read a book. He likes a girl.” I answered.

“No wonder he acts weirdly. He doesn’t usually read book, doesn’t he?” She tasted one of my chocolate cookies.

“How does it taste, omma?” I asked for her opinion.

“It’s nice. What other flavors are you making?” She glanced over the oven.

“Chocolate M&M.”

“I have some paper work to do. When you’re done, call me.” She stood up and walk to her room.

~~~~~~~~~`

I walked around Dongdaemun shopping area to find a perfect gift for Hyemi.

A necklace attracts my attention and it says that for couple, they will give a discount if we want to have something engraved on it. I walked in the shop and looked around the place.

“Good afternoon, sir. What would you like to have?” A teenage boy asked.

“I saw the sign out there.” I replied awkwardly.

“Ah. The engraved necklace? If you’re buying for you girlfriend, we will give you a discount. Come and follow me.” He said.

He showed me different kind of shapes and patterns that can be engraved on the couple necklaces.

“I chose this.” I smiled and he nodded.

I chose a star pendant and I decided to have something engraved on it.

“The first thing I saw you, a smile formed.” – Kim Jonghyun.

“She must be happy when she received this. May I ask how many months have you two been together?” He said.

“4 years.” I glanced at him and he widened his eyes.

“Wow. That’s great.” He smiled.

“Here you go, sir. For being together for four years, our shop decided to give couples a heart locket and two teddy bears. Thanks for coming, sir. I hope both of you will last longer.” He bowed and I smiled.

“Baby will surely like this.” I grinned widely and message baby.

~~~~~~~~~~`

“Minki!” I knocked his door.

“What do you want, Hyemi? I’m busy right now.” He said grumpily.

“Yeah right. Tell me something that I have to do later.” I said.

“Don’t ask me, little sister. I’m not experienced.” He continue reading his book.

“Still not finish yet, oppa?” I asked.

“I’ve finished it already but I re-read it again. Seems interesting, Hyemi.” He smiled.

“Stop reading and tell me what I should do.” I asked.

“Just accept everything he give you and make today a day to remember, that’s all, all right?” He replied unwillingly.

“Annoying Minki.” I stood up and packed up all the cookies and bid goodbye to my mum.

~~~~~~~~~~`

This chapter seems to be so long yet boring. Thanks for still willing to read my fanfic. I promise that the will reach soon. ^^DON’T STOP READING <3