I Like You The Best (oneshot)

I Like You The Best (oneshot)

 

 

“Welcome to the academy, where the rich young people belong.” The principal opened his arms wide as he proudly introduced the academy to the six newcomers. “Let me start the tour with---”

 

“Mr. Hwang!” A voice shouted that made the six young boys turn their heads  of them.

 

“Eunjae-sshi? What seems to be the problem?” The principal, Mr. Hwang Baek Han, furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't like to be interrupted but something in the girl's voice urged him to listen.

 

“Annyeong Hasaeyo,” The girl bowed infront of the six men upon noticing them. “The cafeteria, it's caught on fire.”

 

“Fire? What the. Ok. Assist these boys first, I'll be back.” Mr. Hwang disappeared quickly as he saw the gray smoke coming from the school's cafeteria.

 

“Uhm. I'm Yong Junhyung. May we know your name?” One guy stepped up. He wore a red jacket and sunglasses though there wasn't any sun---it was cloudy that day.

 

“Eunjae...Lee Eunjae.” The girl said, she looked at the guys' faces and she caught the gaze of one certain person that made her look away. “C'mon. There's a long way ahead of us.”

 

Lee Kikwang was in a daze after that. As soon as he recognized her, he felt bittersweet. He was happy to meet her again but the memories of them in the past made him regret somethings.

 

He regretted not telling her his condition to patch things up.

 

He took everything for granted.

 

He stood frozen on the ground as he watched her slowly fading from his view. He wanted to fix the misunderstanding they had in the past.

 

“Yah! Lee Kikwang! Aren't you coming with us?” Yoon Doojoon shouted. He sighed as he followed them closely behind.

 

--

 

The next day seemed to be different. It was raining hard. And Eunjae felt different, too. Like something was missing. But she didn't know what was it.

 

As soon as lunch break came, she ran to the empty field. She ran and ran despite the rain that made her shiver from coldness.

 

“Lee Eunjae-sshi!” Someone shouted her name. But she ignored it. She ran, hoping to remember what was missing. And it suddenly dawned upon her---he has been missing. He was what she has been searching for. “What are you doing here?” Junhyung spoke up, putting an umbrella over them though it was useless. “Let's get you dried up.”

 

She didn't resist, nor talked. She let the person whom she merely knew assist her back inside the building.

 

The other students looked at them with astonishment. It was as if it's their first time seeing someone drenched in the rain.

 

Kikwang walked to his classroom's doorway. Eunjae saw him and stopped walking.

 

“What happened? Why is she like that?” Doojoon asked as he passed by the two people. Junhyung only gave a shrug as he put his jacket over Eunjae's wet body. He suddenly saw her looking at Kikwang.

 

He clicked his tongue as he walked up to him and grabbed him by the collar. “Don't dare toy with her feelings.”

 

Kikwang glared at the older one as he pushed him away and entered the classroom.

 

Junhyung sighed and looked at the ceiling, he didn't know why he was acting that way. Perhaps he was concern of his new friend. Or maybe he was developing some feelings for her. Either way, he was clueless and confused.

 

“Let's go.” He said and pulled Eunjae by the arm.

 

Kikwang watched them pass by and he rubbed his temples. His head was aching again.

 

--

 

“So, what had happened between the two of you?” Junhyung asked as he threw a towel to Eunjae. Though it was prohibited, he brought her to his dorm room.

 

“Let's not bring the past back anymore...” Eunjae sighed. “Though it hurts that I was once his bestfriend.”

 

Junhyung sat beside her on the edge of the bed. “What happened? Tell me.”

 

“His father...his father asked him to stay away from me when we were in middle school. I was a commoner back then. After that, he acted cold towards me.” Eunjae said as she stifled a tear.

 

“Jae...had he called you Jae before?” Junhyung asked as he laid back on the bed and looked at the ceiling. Eunjae looked at him then looked upfront.

 

“Neh.” She sighed.

 

“Pabo. He never stopped caring about you.” Junhyung said. “When we were in first year high school, he told me things about the Jae he knew. That you were the first girl he had ever liked. And that it hurt him that you were prohibited inside their house.”

 

“What?”

 

“He's not mad, Eunjae-sshi. He was only---”

 

“Stop it.” A voice made them turn to the door. They were both surprised to see Kikwang standing on the doorway. They both didn't notice him, maybe he was born to be a ninja or something. “It's useless now.” He walked away but Eunjae ran after him and pulled him by the arm.

 

“Kikwang-ah, why...why didn't you tell me?” Eunjae started crying. Kikwang faced her, he was crying, too.

 

“I—I'm going to die, Eunjae. I have cancer...cancer of the brain.” He paused and wiped her tears away. “I have only two days to live.”

 

“Liar. How is that even possible?!” She can't believe it.

 

Kikwang turned to leave but he sudde!nly fainted infront of the two people he cared for the most. “KIKWANG-AH!”

--

Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9cOEPNEFyI [Beast's Clenching A Tight Fist]

 

“What happened? He's going to be ok, right?” Minjae asked with worry. The nurses blocked them from going further inside the Intensive Care Unit.

 

Yoseob stood beside her and squeezed her shoulder in assurance. “He's going to be fine. He's surely a strong man.”

 

Junhyung step up to her and pulled her to a hug and patted her back. “Yoseob's right, he's' strong person.”

 

--

 

Epilogue:

 

Eunjae's POV

 

I placed a flower on top of the tomb as I read the name written on it, I'm surely going to miss this person who has been with me since birth.

 

“Lee Jun Hae

April 12, 1980 – March 4, 2010

May he always be remembered.”

 

Lee Jun Hae---he's my brother. He died after being involved on a car accident three years ago. He wanted me to be like him, a photographer. So I took up Fine Arts for University.

 

“He's a strong man, ain't he?” He asked as he put a card on top of the flower and payed his respects to his brother-in-law.

 

“Yes, he is, just like you.” I chuckled at my husband who felt proud of himself.

 

“Jin Eun-ah! You're going to trip there! What are you doing?” He called.

 

“Appa, look at this sunflower, it's so beautiful.” Jineun said with awe. I pinched her cheeks.

 

“Just like your mother.” He said. I hit him on his arm jokingly.

“Neh, just like umma.” We both laughed as Jineun ran to play with the flowers nearby. He tapped me on the shoulders and I faced him. He curled a strand of hair on my ear and looked me deep in the eye.

 

“I love you, my Lee Eun Jae.”

 

“Nado. I love you, too. My Lee Kikwang.” He leaned in for a kiss and I kissed him back passionately. Until loud voices interrupted us from our romantic moment.

 

“YAH! That's so gross! Get a room!” Junhyung shouted from behind us. We both turned to look at them. “Jineun-sshi! Look at your umma and appa! They're trying to make you an older sister already.”

 

Jineun looked at us innocently, until Yoseob and Dongwoon carried her and brought her further down the hill.

 

“Yah! You...why teach kids those things??” Doojoon scolded.

 

And we all lived happily ever after.

 

The End.

 

--

 

Author:

Thank you for having the time to read my fanfic! Kekeke~ I've rewritten this for the third time because my laptop won't cooperate. But hope you do like it. If you're wondering how Kikwang lived, it just proves that miracles do happen. So, that's all guys, ciao!

 

Shoutout to kp1128: I'm not stealing your Junhyung, ok? Hehe!