My Destiny

Black Day of Destiny

 

This is the time where many people gather around eating black noodles celebrating the occasion. Celebrating, is it? It has been 2 years since my boyfriend died.  But, he is still in my memories. He will always be inside my heart. I am not planning to join my friends with their little party but I am dragged to the venue.  Of all the things that they’ve done, they are going to have a match making session with the boys of a different university.

                I walked passed through the park where my boyfriend and I used to go. He was with me at that time. I could sense him still there but that was my past.  Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona tried to call me. My cellphone rang a couple of times. But, I don’t want to join them with their match making. It is not my thing. I sat beside the bench where I used to sit with my boyfriend.

“Ah, so hot!” The man beside talked suddenly. I didn’t understand why but he looked at me. He exactly looked like my dead boyfriend but a little playful on my opinion. I was shocked to see him. Tears are forming in my eyes but I held them in. “Ah, hi Miss, are you alone?” The man talked again. I replied that I am. “Same here. By the way, I’m Jung Yong Hwa.” He tried to shake hands with me. “I’m Seo Joohyun. But, my friends call me Seohyun.” He giggled after that. “Are you alone?” I think this guy is trying to hit on me. I tried to walk away. He didn’t stop me.

Some random guys came to me. “Are you alone, Miss?” I said yes. I tried to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. “Let me go!” I cried. Not until, the man I randomly met punched the guy on his face. He is fierce and brave. He is also strong.  “Don’t go touching my girlfriend!” He exclaimed. He then grabbed my hand and we started to run. “Wait…wait up.” I tried to let go. He then stopped running and he lets go of my hand. “Where are you taking me?” I asked him but he is speechless. “Since I saved you, let’s go on a date.” I accepted his offer. We had fun during this black day. We exchanged numbers and everything. We continued like that for about three months.

I am having fun when I’m with him. He is really mischievous. He introduced me to his good friends. They are good at playing different kinds of instruments. I don’t know but when I’m with him, I could feel something warm in my heart. It melts when I see him smile. When he speaks I could see how manly and good his voice is. I never knew that I am slowly falling in love with him at that time. Not until…

“Let’s go out.” Yonghwa said to me. I was about to say yes when my friends called me. They saw Yonghwa. “You…you look like her dead boyfriend.” They looked at me with surprise. “Oh, you must’ve suffered a lot to be looking for another.” They continued to talk. Yonghwa slowly came to know my story. “So… am I just a replacement?” I couldn’t say no, because his face is also the reason why I liked him. Yonghwa ran far away from me. My friends whom I treasures dearly are shoved away by me. “I wanted to be alone, please.”In that lonely park where he confessed, I cried and cried a lot to that scorching sunny day. It began to rain. I am shedding tears and it looks like the rain is sympathizing.

I tried to call him. But, he is not responding. I sent an email saying that I would wait for him to come to our ‘meeting place’ tomorrow. I don’t know if he could forgive me but I realized how I love him and how I couldn’t let go of someone dear to me for the second time around. I waited and waited until I lost the motivation I had from the start. It rained again. I was drench in that rain. Not until, someone hands over an umbrella to me. He covered me with it. It is Yonghwa. “You should have not come empty-handed.” I tried to apologize and he said that it is fine. “I will make you forget your boyfriend completely. I was crying and smiling at the same time. We hugged each other. We are soaking wet in that rain. Now, I’m always beside him. Side by side, holding hands, we are prepared for any conflict that comes our way.