[ I. ]

Be With Me

 

My phone was buzzing so loudly it woke me up.

“Aish,” I said, trying to reach my phone.

[ GOOD MORNING, BABY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. ^^ Saranghae! ]

I looked at my phone’s calendar. March 15th. It’s the day Donghae and I officially became a couple. I got out of bed smiling like there’s no tomorrow.

 

My phone rang while I was having breakfast. It was a call from him. I answered it and his voice made me blush.

“Good morning, angel. How are you today?”

“Uh- I’m great. Happy anniversary!” I said in my happiest voice.

“Eat your breakfast, okay? I’ll go to your house in a few!” he said hanging up.

 

For some reason, today, his voice – it was a little different.

 

I finished eating breakfast and got ready. I wore our matching rings that had our names engraved which he bought in China during a concert. It made me sad whenever I thought about that because I wasn’t able to go to that concert because I got sick. But he kept calling during breaks telling me it was alright, and that I should just get some rest so when he gets back, we can go out. And we did.

 

I was brushing my hair when someone hugged me from behind. “Hey!” he shouted at my ear. He flashed me his adorable smile that I loved since we fist met. I was a little freaked out because he came a little early than I had expected. He usually comes a little late. It’s not like him. I was worried.

 

We left my house and got in his car. He was driving and I was a little sleepy. I wasn’t able to sleep well because of “that thing.” My head seemed to fall down because when I woke up he was giving me this evil, but adorable smirk. Then, I remember what I told him yesterday. I needed to go back to London. But right now is our first anniversary. I was trying to be happy for him, even though inside I wanted to dig a hole and die. It was going good so far. I could still smile, but whenever I remember those words he told me last night, my eyes couldn’t help but well up.

 

Those words last night, they made me wonder if this will be the last time I’ll ever smell his cologne. The last time I’ll ever hear him call me “baby.” The last time he’ll kiss me. The last time I’ll feel the warmth of his passenger seat. The last time I’ll ever hear his low, gentle voice calling my name. what hurts is, I know; I know in my heart it will be the last time.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked, my voice a little shaky.

“It’s a secret.” He smiled sweetly.

I trusted him, so I tried my hardest to smile back.

 

I was getting sleepy again, and I dozed off. The next thing I knew, we were there, at the amusement park. We first met here. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

 

“Don’t worry about that thing I told you yesterday, baby,” he held my hand, “let’s be happy today.”

A tear fell down my face, but I managed to smile.

 

A real smile, not a fake one. He, who was the reason I wanted the ground to swallow me, made me smile.

 

He wiped the tear off my face and kissed me.

He held my hand and we rode a million rides – roller coasters, rides with water, and just, plain old rides. But he seemed to be avoiding the Ferris wheel. I wonder why? I managed to forget the pain, the hurt – everything, for a while and enjoyed my last night with him.

 

I was smiling as he took a dozen pictures with his camera, and he suddenly took my hand.

I was startled, but I went with him.

He was walking towards the Ferris wheel. I got goose bumps when we went inside the gondola/capsule. We sat opposite to each other.

 

It’s like time stopped the moment the door closed.

 

“I’ll miss you, you know?” he told me.

“Of course, I do, you love me.” I joked.

“I do.” He said with a serious tone.

“I do too,” I replied without any hesitation.

 

The capsule was about to reach the top. He stood up and he hugged me. I started welling up again. He kissed me, and whispered, “Do you think our love, can take us away together?” I nodded, “of course, our love can do anything.”

 

“You should go to London,” I said as he let go of me.

“What am I going to do in London?”

“Be with me. I said as I leaned down to kiss him.

 

--- & ---

 

The next day he went to see me off.

“Bye,” I smiled. “Let’s see each other soon.”

“Yep, take care, baby.” He kissed me for the last time.

 

I know in my heart he will be with me again, maybe not now, not tomorrow, but someday; and when that day happens, I’ll be the happiest girl in the world.

 

I boarded the plane, and when I got to London, the first thing I did was check my phone. After I opened it, a call from Donghae came. I answered it;

 

“Did you arrive safely?” he asked. It was weird hearing him on the phone.

“Yes,” I said, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too.”

 

I was walking fast until someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned around and was surprised. I saw his face, his bright smile. I thought I was hallucinating, but he helped me up, and it turns out I wasn’t. It really was him. He came for me –to be with me. -- END