Precious Gift

Precious Gift

 

It was dark and quiet night with a comforting breeze now and then. The black sky above is decorated with twinkling stars that can calm and ease anyone heart. Donghae has finished packing and looked to his balcony that was allowing the soft comforting wind to come in. He put his glasses beside him on the bed and walked to the balcony seeing the night scenery in front of him.

He put his hand on the railing and heaved out a sigh. Eventhough the view is enchanting, but it can’t calm his troubled heart. He smiled sadly looking above to the dark sky thinking about his situation. Tomorrow is the day he will go abroad and continue his studies there leaving the love of his life.

He needs to go there not because he is forced to, but it is because it is his father request. The father that is always be by his side after his mom died no matter in what situation. His father is a well-known entrepreneur and he knows that his father job is always making his father busy but never once that his father fails to come to his school for parents day or award ceremony with a sincere proud smile of a father for his son achievement.

One day, an offer letter to continue his studies abroad came and so when his father requested for him to continue his studies abroad, he didn’t protest and agree with it eventhough there’s a part of his heart that felt pain knowing the consequences for it. He will have to leave the one he loves from little, Lee Hyukjae is the name. When he first saw hyukjae that was all bubbly and happy which was the exact opposite of what he is on the first day in kindergarten, he felt attracted to him and his little hard started to thump faster than normal.

Donghae is a smart child. If not, how could he got an offer letter from Harvard university?  When his heart was beating in an unusual pace that day, he knows he is in love and he had found his one and only soulmate. But donghae is a quiet kid but isn’t a shy one. He tends to love being alone and since he was a kid, he always wears glasses making everyone think he is a strange making nobody wants to be his friend. To add, the glasses were hiding that cute little face of him making him looked plain and boring like a nerd. But actually, donghae is a cute boy and as the time passes the glasses were only a mask to hide his handsome face.

But when everyone is behaving like this, there’s someone which always try to make donghae to play with him. He is Lee Hyukjae..

FLASHBACK

Donghae was sitting at his little desk in the kindergarten alone reading a book about science. It was unusual for a 6 year old to read a book like that so the other kids were giving him strange look and whispering to one another about how weird he is.

“What is that book he’s reading?”

“He’s so weird!”

“Is he an alien or something?”

Donghae heard them all but he just ignore it and keep quiet. But something happened. Something he never expected happened, “Donghae!”a voice calling him. His heart stopped and his body stiffen. He knows the voice very well and slowly he lift his head up to the one calling him. A bright gummy smile was in sight making his heart thump loudly against his chest. Hyukjae leans forward to him and he instinctively moved backwards, “Donghae!”Hyukjae call him again all cheery. “Y-Yes..”donghae answered, not comfortable with their distance now. It was too much for his little heart! “Would you like to play with me?”Hyukjae said and smiled at him sweetly with those cute little eyes of him.

Donghae was struck seeing that smile and he can feel his face starting to get red. He stood up abruptly making hyukjae surprise and ran out of the classroom not knowing that his action just made little hyukjae hurt.

Donghae leans his back on the wall, panting because he ran too much. “Hyukjae..”he called hyukjae’s name after he calmed down. “How can I tell you that I love you? I don’t have the courage to confess to you..”donghae mumbled to himself. Suddenly an idea crossed his head when the fact that hyukjae’s birthday is coming near, “I’m gonna give hyukjae a birthday present on his birthday every year.. but I’m not going to tell him who I am..”

END FLASHBACK

So from that day on, donghae have been giving hyukjae birthday present each year with a note and a rose with it without hyukjae knowing who it is the one giving him the presents. It have been 16 years donghae been doing it and tomorrow is hyukjae’s seventeenth birthday. The day he needs to go abroad and the day he will reveal himself.

Donghae chuckles when he remembered the memories when hyukjae received his presents. The latter was confused at first who is the person that kept giving him the presents, but with each year past, hyukjae began to dismiss it and happily received the presents although he really wants to know the person who’s giving him those presents.

Donghae is still wearing a smile on his face, “You’re so cute hyukkie..”he said to himself in the cold night. But then he smiled bitterly, “but will you accept me? a weird nerd..”he closed his eyes and released a heavy sigh. He stayed in that moment and open his eyes moments later. A smile was seen on his face and you could see determination in his eyes, “It’s not a problem if he doesn’t like me.. I’m gonna make him love me then..”

He looked back inside his room to the bouquet of roses on his bed with a soft gaze and a smile on his face. Tomorrow he’s gonna give the bouquet with a gift. A precious gift. “I hope that he’ll not be too surprise when he saw me.. and I hope he’ll like the present..”Donghae muttered and  looked back to the sky that filled with millions of twinkling stars. And as if luck, a shooting star came across the dark sky bringing a little hope to his heart for what he wished for just then might came true..

***

Hyukjae was lying on his bed with his room filled with darkness because he was about to go to sleep. But when the thought of his birthday tomorrow came across his mind, his eyes suddenly became wide and the sleepiness disappeared in a matter of seconds. Something was hanging on his lips when he accidently thought of his birthday. It was a smile. A sweet smile.

He was excited with the thought of tomorrow, he’s going to get another note from the one he fell in love with. Hyukjae knows it is stupid to love someone that we don’t see or know. But put yourself in his shoe. Who could resist the sweet words from the notes he received? When he reads the notes given, his heart began to beat faster from day one he get them.

His favourite one is this..

                             Your smile is like the sun and rain to my barren heart..                                                                                                           

                    It showered my heart with warmth and nurtured it into something..

                                           Something that is a garden my dear..

       A garden where my love blooms for you which will live for eternity and never dies..

                        So my love, always smile for my heart will die if you don’t..

                                   Happy 16th Birthday My Love Lee Hyukjae..

                                                                                        Sincerely yours, L.D~

He got the note on his 16th birthday which is last year and the notes he received from he was 6 year old was kept safely in a special box of his. He heaved out a sigh, “I hope on my 17th birthday I will meet the person that stole my heart..”hyukjae said and looked at his opened window seeing the night sky. And at that moment, a shooting star came to his sight making his eyes widen and quickly he hope in his heart again for what he wished for just then to come true.

***

It was morning and the sun rays slips through the window making the room felt warmer. Hyukjae began to opened his eyes and quickly shut the annoying alarm clock. “Huarghh~~”he yawn and rub his eyes groggily. But when he realized what day he it is, all his movements stopped and slowly a wide smile appeared on his face. “Today is my birthday~!”he cheered. “I can’t wait to know what he’s going to give to me this year..”He muttered to himself with a silly grin playing on his lips.

Happy with the thought, he get off the bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for school. eventhough it is his birthday, he doesn’t forget that it’s also school day. So he quickly washed up and dress himself for school. he looked at the mirror looking at his appearance and smile with satisfaction of what he sees.

Lee Hyukjae is a boy but he has the features that are much better than a girl’s. For example, his red plump lips that will make you crazy. Hyukjae run down the stairs and smile when he saw his mom pouring the orange juice inside his glass. He went near and kissed his mom’s cheek, “Good morning mom! Do you have something to say to me?”he wriggled his eyebrows at his mom.

His mom eyebrows crossed and a pout was formed on her lips, “Is there anything special about today?”she said and hyukjae pouted. Mrs. Lee wanted to laugh looking at her son’s sulking face but she held it in. “You forgot what today is?”hyukjae asked sadly, and with that a smile was seen on Mrs. Lee’s face. How could she forgot her one and only precious son’s birthday?

She brought hyukjae to her embrace, “Oh eunhyukkie baby.. how could I forgot your birthday! I was just teasing you dear..” she pulls away and looked at hyukjae with a motherly smile and said, “Happy 17th birthday my dear son Lee hyukjae.. I love you..”and she kissed his forehead. Hyukjae’s was disheartened with the thought that his mom forgot his birthday but from what his mom just said to him, he can’t help to smile his gummy smile and hug his mom again.

“Thank you mom!”he said. “And you really got me there.. I really thought that you forgot my birthday..”he pulled away from the hug and pouted at his mom. Mrs. Lee just chuckled at her son’s childish antics and smiled after that. “I know.. so to make it up to you, I’m going to make a strawberry cake today.. so am I forgiven?”Mrs. Lee said to eunhyuk who now had a big smile across his face.

“Chinca?! Thanks so much mom! And you’re forgiven..”eunhyuk hug his mom again and his mom just laugh while hugging him back. She is really blesses to be given such a cute child like this. Hyukjae who was hugging his mom accidently saw the clock on the wall and gasped. ‘Only 15 minutes to get to school!’

He quickly let go of his mom and grab the orange juice his mom poured earlier and gulped it in one go. “I need to go now mom! Bye!”he kissed his mom’s cheek, grabbed a sandwich and shove it inside his mouth. He slips his feet into his shoes and ran out of the house to his bike and went off to school.

***

Hyukjae sighed in relief. He made it to school in 10 minutes. He’s now at the locker room to get his books but when he moved the books inside his locker, a paper fell off from one of the books to the floor. Hyukjae’s brows crossed and gave a questioning look at the paper before grabbing it and read what’s written there..

                                         Meet me at the school garden in the first period..

                                                                                                                L.D~

Eunhyuk bit his lips preventing the smile that was about to break free. ‘I’m going to meet him!’he cheered inside his mind. He waited in the locker room for the first period to start and when he heard the bell rings, he knows that the lessons already started.

He opened the door and looked at the empty hallway to see if there’s still anybody in sight. He looked left then right. ‘The coast is clear!’he said to himself and quickly go towards the school’s garden.

He giggled along the way there, “This is almost like a drama..”He said to himself. When he arrived at the garden, he scan the green landscape and his eyes stopped on a figure standing in front of the big oak tree in his school. Hyukjae only saw the person’s back because the guy was back facing him. slowly, he began to walked to the figure with his heart thump loudly against his chest with each step he make.

‘Calm down my heart!’hyukjae scolded himself mentally and when he arrived exactly behind the person, he called the name that always came with the notes, “L.D..?” the guy turns around and hyukjae eyes widened with when he saw who that person is.. “Lee Donghae? Y-You’re… L-L.D-D?”eunhyuk muttered almost in inaudible voice because he was too shocked. Donghae seeing hyukjae’s reaction just smile and nodded. He knows that it’s going to be like this.

“Yes hyukjae.. I’m L.D.. A-Are you.. disappointed?”hae-hae asked with his tone have a hint of sadness in it. Hyukjae quickly shakes his head and look at donghae with confused eyes, “N-No.. it’s just that I thought you didn’t like me.. I always ask you to play with me but you always decline and you always stare at me like I did something wrong to you..”hyukjae said to him slowly with his head hung low.

Hyukjae’s first love actually is not the person that sends the gifts to him. His first love is actually donghae. That’s why he always try so hard to get donghae to play with him. But the other always refuse. Especially that day..

FLASHBACK

Hyukjae was chatting happily with his friend sungmin but then he heard the other kids whispering and talking to one another,

“What is that book he’s reading?”

“He’s so weird!”

“Is he an alien or something?”

Hyukjae stopped talking and glared to one of the kids that spoke badly of donghae which make the the kid shut his mouth and looked down. He then looked over to donghae that kept on the expressionless face of him eventhough hyukjae knew donghae heard what the other kids talk about him. He knew that donghae is hurt.

He turned to sungmin that was by his side and give him a smile, “I’m gonna go over to donghae and ask him to play with us.. is that ok?”hyukjae ask him. Sungmin smiled and nodded his head, “Sure! I would love to get to know him..” Hyukjae then gave sungmin a big hug,  “Oh thank you Minnie! I’m gonna go ask him now ok?”hyukjae said and without even waiting for sungmin’s reply, he stood up and went over to where donghae is.

“Donghae!”hyukjae called him and he could see donghae’s body stiffen.’Did I just frighten him?’ hyukjae saw donghae slowly lift his head up to him finally he could see doonghae’s eyes. The eyes that are beautiful as the ocean that were hidden with a pair of glasses. Hyukjae gave him a bright gummy smile to him before leans forward to him and donghae instinctively moved backward.

“Donghae!”Hyukjae call him again all cheery. “Y-Yes..”donghae answered, and hyukjae could see that donghae is started to get red. “Would you like to play with me?”Hyukjae asked and smiled at him sweetly with those cute little eyes of him.

But suddenly donghae abruptly stood up from the small chair and went out of the class. He was surprised by donghae’s action and at the same time he felt rejected. His lips started to quiver, “D-Did I do something wrong? Why did he ran away..”eunhyuk asked nobody as a tear escaped from his eye.

Hyukjae’s mood was down for a couple of days because donghae don’t want to play with him. Well, that was until the day of his birthday came. He just got back from the kindergarten and put his bag pack down on the floor. He wondered why his bag was heavier than usual and decided to open hid bag. Inside he saw a box wrapped in a gift wrapper with a rose and a flower.

 Hyukjae was surprised on how these things get into his school bag. Curious, he grab the note and read it..

                   Don’t be sad hyukkie.. I’m always here for you.. and I like you very much..

  I hope the chocolates are enough to bring a smile to your face and as a gift for your birthday..

                                                         Happy Birthday Hukjae..:)

                                                                                                                  L.D~

After reading the note, a smile quickly appeared on hyukjae’s face. “At least somebody likes me..”hyukjae smiled to himself.

END FLASHBACK

From that day on, every year hyukjae will wait for his birthday to come. It’s not because he wanted the presents, actually he only wanted the notes. Because he knows that his heart have been captured by that someone he only know as L.D. And slowly the feelings he had for donghae disappeared little by little but not entirely. Because people always say, first love is the love that we’ll always remember for our entire life.

And now when donghae said that he is L.D, hyukjae is beyond shock. He didn’t know what else to say. After he answered donghae question, he looked down to his feet and bit his lips from quivering so much. Hyukjae was about t cry remembering that donghae didn’t want to play with him before and give him all those stared that looks like he did something wrong to the latter.

Donghae seeing hyukjae like that knows that the latter is sad, he wanted to talk to hyukjae  heart to heart and he knows that his glasses is also a thing that preventing himself to show what he really is from hyukjae. Donghae took off his glassed and slowly moved closer to hyukjae without the latter noticing his action.

Suddenly hyukjae felt his chin being lifted up and met the eyes of the person that captured his heart for the first time and second time. Hyukjae’s heart beat faster when he looked deeply into donghae’s eyes that seems to be as deep as the ocean. But he see something there.. something that he knows very well.. that is love..

Donghae then cupped hyukjae’s face with both of his hands before caressing the latter cheeks gently and give hyukjae a sweet smile, “Hyukjae, the reason that I didn’t play with you before was because my heart wouldn’t stand being near you.. it would beat uncontrollably because of the feelings I felt for you hyukjae.. and I always stare at you like that was because I was jealous of that boy named siwon that’s always with you wherever you go..”Donghae explain wholeheartedly. “And the feeling I felt for you hyukjae.. I know you knew it by now what it is..”donghae said looking lovingly into hyukjae’s eyes that is now soften.

Donghae smile seeing this and said those three words, “I love you.. Lee Hyukjae..”and leans forward, putting his thin lips onto the plump ones that he have been dreaming everynight of his life. Hyukjae was of course surprise of the sudden confession and of course also about the kiss. But then he began to drown into it and unconsciously put his hands around donghae’s neck pulling the latter closer.

Hyukjae’s feelings were all mixed up now. Happy? Love? Confused? List it all and that’s what he’s feeling right now. But what he’s feeling the most is the love of donghae for him through the kiss they shared. Both of them pulled away because the needing of air but still looking at each other eyes. Donghae smiled at him and hyukjae couldn’t help to smiled back. Donghae pulled out a pair of couple necklaces one with the shape of the moon and one with the shape of a star.

Hyukkjae looked confusedly at the necklace on donghae’s palm before looking at the person holding it. “Hyukkie, this is a couple necklace with the designs I requested.. for this year gift, the moon necklace is the present for you and mine is the star..”donghae explain to hyukjae.

“B-But why am I the moon?”Hyukjae asked and donghae just smile before saying, “Because I want to be the star that always be by your side and protect you..” Hyukjae blush hearing what donghae said and looked down. He never knew that the one everyone called a nerd was actually a Casanova!

Donghae chuckled when he saw hyukjae’s redden face. “But hyukjae..”Donghae began to talk again and hyukjae slowly lift his head up eventhough he’s still shy from what donghae said. “You don’t have to wear the necklace unless your feeling is mutual with mine.. in the meaning, you love me too..”donghae gave eunhyuk a smile. “B-But!—“ before hyukjae could say anything, a man wearing a black tuxedo came and bow at them. “Sorry to interrupt you, young master but the flight is going to take off in 1 hour so we better get going now sir.”The man said and donghae nodded his head.

“Alright hyung. I’ll be there in 5 minutes..”Without saying anything, the man bowed and left the garden. Donghae turns his attention back to hyukjae who was still confused about everything. Donghae give him a smile but hyukjae could see that the smile is full sadness in it. ‘What’s wrong with him now?’hyukjae wondered in hid mind.

Donghae once again caressed hyukjae’s face gently, “Hyukkie, I must go now.. I guess you must’ve heard about the news about I’m going abroad right?”donghae said and hyukjae nodded his head. “Well, I’m leaving today..”Donghae continues and hyukjae widen his eyes. He can’t believe that this is happening. ‘W-What?! Is he kidding me?! after all the things he said, he’s going to leave me?!’

“W-What?”hyukjae asked in a shaky controlled voice. “I’m leaving for Harvard hyukkie..”donghae said again and hyukjae felt like he was lifeless at that moment and he could break down. This was all too much for him. but he tried to gather up the energy he had left and continue to what donghae had to say.

“And the second present I have for you I have for you birthday is a promise hyukkie.. A promise that I will come to you when it is time and make you mine.. until then hyukkie.. I want you to remember that my heart is always yours.. Bye my love..”Donghae gave him a last angelic smile and a sweet last kiss and handing the moon necklace to him before he walked away.

Hyukjae looked at donghae’s disappearing figure with his hand holding tight the necklace given. And after donghae is finally out of his sight, unknowingly a tear rolled down his cheek,staining that smooth skin of his. “Pabo donghae.. I was about to tell you I love you too..”hyukjae said almost whispering and looked at the necklace again.

“I will hold on to the promise you’ve said donghae.. I will hold on to the precious gift you’ve given me..”

***

Three years have passed and now hyukjae is in one of the study hall in Seoul University. He’s paying close attention to what the professor said on the topic they’re having unlike some of the students there that was busy chatting or quietly sleeping.

If you’re wondering what happened to the necklace, it is safe. Because from the day donghae leave to London, hyukjae have been wearing the necklace and never take it off. Because hyukjae wanted donghae to know that what donghae’s feeling for him is what he feel for the latter too. And it is als as a symbol that he keeping on to the promise donghae made to him.

When he was copying the notes given by his professor, suddenly the door to the study hall open and a guy came inside making all attention on him. The girls were squealing because of the guy handsome face and the guys were snickering. But that was just because they’re jealous of the charismatic aura and the look of the guy.

Hyukjae seems to pay attention to the guy too but something about that guy seems familiar to him. the guy just wear casual jeans and a leather jacket on top of the wife beater. But that alone just make him look hot. Suddenly, the guy eyes met hyukjae’s and smirk was formed on the latter’s face before walking up to the seat hyukjae’s sitting.

When the guy get near and nearer, hyukjae saw something on the guy’s nece. He widen his eyes, ‘T-That’s the star necklace donghae made..’hyukjae realized in his mind. When the guy stopped right in front of hyukjae , the latter snapped out of his mind and look at the guy in front of him.

And when he looked into the latter’s eyes, he knew his assumption is true. The guy is Lee Donghae. His love.. “D-Donghae..”hyukjae said and donghae finally gave him the angelic smile that he missed for 3 years. “D-Donghae..i-is this..r-really you?”hyukjae asked  with a shaky voice. And when donghae nodded his head, the tears hyukjae held in finally came out and wet both of his cheek.

Eunhyuk stood up and hugged the man in front of him ignoring the pair of eyes that are watching them. “I-I  *sob* miss *sob*  y-you…”hyukjae said between the sobs. Donghae returned the hug and rubbed hyukjae’s back comforting him. he kisses hyukjae’s hair, “I miss you to hyukkie..”

He pulled away from the hug and wiped the tears off of hyukjae’s face with his thumb and smiled at the latter. He grabbed hyukjae’s bag with one hand and one hand holding on to hyukjae’s hand. “Let’s go!”donghae said and hyukjae just followed him without knowing where donghae is taking him.

***

They arrived at a park but something was off. The park was empty. Hyukjae’s brows crossed and turn to donghae, “Where are the people?”he asked. “I booked the place for the day.. so that’s why there aren’t any people here..”donghae explain and hyukjae widen his eyes. “W-What?!”he shouted. Donghae just chuckled, “Don’t think about it hyukkie..”he said and once again he pulled hyukjae’s hand with his. He smiled when he felt hyukjae’s and with his because they perfectly fit together. ‘He is really my soulmate..’Donghae smiled inside his mind.

They finally arrived at a big tree that was filled with balloons and ribbons everywhere also there are food under the tree like it’s a picnic. Hyukjae was lost seeing all this and just follow donghae’s order to sit down on the blanket before the latter disappear.

Donghae came back with about 20 balloons in his hand with different shape and hold them in front of hyukjae, “Happy Birthday hyukkie!”donghae said and finally hyukjae realized that today is his birthday. Donghae gave him a smile, “Hyukkie, one of the balloons here have my present for you.. all you have to do is search for a blue heart shape balloon..”donghae said and handed the balloons to hyukjae who still in daze.

“W-What? You want me to search a heart shape balloon?”hyukjae asked once again and donghae nodded his head, “Yup! And blue in colour..”

 Hyukjae pouted hearing that and donghae chuckled seeing hyukjae’s reaction. The guy is just too cute. Hyukjae started searching for the heart shape balloon meanwhile donghae was all smiling when he saw the moon necklace is hanging on hyukjae’s neck, ‘it means he loves me too!’ donghae cheered inside his mind. He was beyond happy.

Hyukjae continue to search by releasing the balloon one by one disappearing up to the sky when finally he found the heart shape balloon and noticed something, there’s two rings hanging by the end of the rope.Hyukjae then look at donghae who was watching him smiling, “I-Is..this w-what I think it is..?”hyukjae asked looking back at the rings. He didn’t know that donghae would do this.

Donghae untie the knot that keeping the rings to the balloons and get the rings from it making the balloon flew up to the sky and out of sight. Donghae looked at hyukjae again smiling, “It is what you think hyukkie.. these rings is the promise that I made to you.. I promise that I will make you mine.. So Lee Hyukjae, would love me for who I am and be with me for all my life? and be my wife?”donghae asked hyukjae with his charming smile holding onto the ring for hyukjae.

Hyukjae was overwhelmed and didn’t know what to say except, “I do..”and hugged donghae. Donghae stunned hearing hyukjae’s answer, ‘he said yes right?” he asked himself inside his mind. “D-Did you just said I do hyukkie?”donghae asked for confirmation. And when he felt hyukjae nod on his shoulder, he return hyukjae’s hug and hugged the latter tightly.

After a while, they pulled away and looked into each other eyes, smiling. Donghae get the rings back and slowly he slips the smaller ring through hyukjae’s finger and hyukjae did the same for donghae except with his face blushing.

They kissed after their own little ceremony and looked at each other with big a big smile on their faces, “Thank you so much for living and letting me love you for all my life..”donghae said but hyukjae shook his head, ”No..Thank you for thisprecious gift , to have you by my side forever..”

They smiled sweetly to each other and they sealed their destiny with a kiss…

THE END

________________________________________________________________________

A/N:Woah!! This is the longest oneshot I’ve ever wrote! >.<  haha :D

I made this for eunhyuk’s birthday actually but I can’t write much since I’m working..T_T

Anyway, happy belated birthday eunhyuk!! We ELFs loves you!! <33

Well..i hope you guys like it..^^ I don’t know why but this oneshot is a kind of poetic to me..:/

What do you guys think about the first note? I made it myself! XD it’s kind of cheesy right? :p

And oh! Don’t worry my dear readers! I will update My Lover is a …?! Tomorrow if there isn’t any problem..:)

THANK FOR READING AND COMMENTING EVERYONE!! :DD

LOVE YOU GUYS LOTS!!!<3