I'm Happy Just To Dance With You

I'm Happy Just To Dance With You

“Come on Kyu, just coming to a party won’t be bad.”

“No, no. I know it will be a disaster. You know I can’t dance!”

“Oh, it doesn’t really matter, Kyu. You only have to enjoy the party. If you enjoy it, you’ll move your body with the rhythm."

“I don’t know...”

“Too much words! Let’s go now! The party will start in 5 minutes."

Kyuhyun was dragged by Ryewook to their campus party. He isn’t a party person, but Ryeowook really loves a party. He is supposedly going to this party with his boyfriend, Yesung. But it seems like Yesung have something to do, so Ryeowook decided to drag Kyuhyun instead.


“I’m going to dance now. Are you coming with me or..”

“I think you already know my answer..” Kyuhyun quickly cut Ryeowook’s question"

“Well, okay. Have fun with yourself, and don’t drink too much alcohol! I don’t want you to get drunk~” Ryeowook giggling and skipped to dance floor to find his friends.

Kyuhyun sighed heavily. He grabs a glass of cola from the table and going to a corner that a bit far from the dance floor. The DJ plays 80’s songs, Stand up and Sing from Kool & the Gank, and people dancing like crazy. They all have fun, except Kyuhyun who just standing in the corner, sipping his cola quietly. He observes people on the dance floor. He never knows most of them, because he rarely hangs out with his friends. Well, let’s say that he’s a kind of nerd.

He was busy sipping his cola when a boy who dancing happily in the middle of the dance floor caught his attention. His face looks so beautiful with a dim light from the disco ball. He laughed happily and keep dancing with his friends. Kyuhyun’s heart beat faster and suddenly he had an urge to have a dance with him.  But how? He couldn’t dance at all. If he dances, he looks like an octopus that wiggling his tentacles. And no way he’ll dance like that in front of that beautiful boy. Besides, he doesn’t know who is he.

He kept watching that boy like a stalker for some minutes until their eyes meet. Kyuhyun blushing and shift his gaze to cola in his hand, as if that cola is more interesting than the dance floor. He doesn’t want that boy got scared and think that he’s a freak for staring at him like that.

Suddenly that boy walking to Kyuhyun’s direction, makes the latter panicked. What if that boy slapped me and yelling at me because he doesn’t like when I’m staring at him like a maniac? Kyuhyun thinks.

But fortunately, that boy didn’t think like that. He’s smiling at Kyuhyun sweetly and greet him “Hi, why are you just standing there? Don’t you want to have some dances? The DJ started to play 60’s songs now and it would be nice if we could dance together.”

Kyuhyun surprised for a few seconds and let his mouth opened like an idiot. “a.. Are you talking to me?” He asked that boy, just making sure if he’s not making a mistake.

“Oh, no. I’m just talking to that cola in your hand." That boy rolling his eyes and chuckled cutely. He grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand. "Well, duh. It's obviously you. Come on, they’re playing The Beatles’ songs now!”

They are in the middle of dancing floor when the DJ start to play The Beatles’ Hold Me Tight. Sungmin start to move his body, while Kyuhyun standing motionless in the middle of dancing people. He really doesn’t know what to do. Maybe his IQ is 169, but for things like this, he’s a total idiot.

“So, my name is Sungmin. Lee Sungmin. What’s yours?” Sungmin started the conversation again, snaps Kyuhyun from his thoughts.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” He answered shortly, too nervous to talk more.

“Nice to meet you, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin smiled and shake Kyuhyun’s hand. “Are you coming here alone?”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “No, I’m coming with my friend, Ryeowook.”

“Ah, Kim Ryeowook?”

“Yeah, do you know him?”

Sungmin laughed lightly. “Yeah, of course. He’s my friend in cooking club. We get along pretty well.”

There’s an awkward silence between them. Sungmin kept dancing happily while Kyuhyun still standing motionless.

“Come on, Kyu. Move your body! Just follow the rhythm.” Sungmin laughing when he realized Kyuhyun still didn’t move.

Kyuhyun bit his lips and started to move his body hesitantly when the DJ started to play I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, still from The Beatles. It feels really awkward at first, but seeing Sungmin dance happily with him, he tries his best to get rid the awkwardness. And it feels so nice.

“It’s really fun, huh?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun who dancing happily with him now.

“Yeah, this is not bad. Beside.. It looks like you really like The Beatles’ songs.” Kyuhyun answered, still moving his body and trying so hard to not make his dance look like an octopus dance.

“I really love them! Harrison is my favourite Beatle and this is one of the songs that composed by him. So, you can say this is one of my favourite songs.”

Kyuhyun smiled at Sungmin’s words and his heart still beat faster every time he steal a glance at Sungmin’s face. He looks perfect. His milky white skin, big brown eyes that sparkled like a little kid and his pink pouty lips that smiled cutely. That’s all just too perfect  and he couldn’t ask more.

“You’re dancing very well..” Kyuhyun said, looking at Sungmin’s eyes deeply.

Sungmin blushing at Kyuhyun’s words, but of course the latter couldn’t see it because of the dim light. “Really? Thank you...”

Kyuhyun leaned into Sungmin’s ear and whispering “And I’m happy just to dance with you...”

And at that moment, he realized something. He just falls in love with this guy tonight, in the middle of the dance floor. And he made a mental note to thanking Ryeowook later for dragged him here.

“In this world there’s nothing I would rather do

I’ve discovered that I’m in love with you

Cos I’m happy just to dance with you”

(I’m  Happy JustTo Dance With You – The Beatles)