Unadmitted Love

Chain Reactions

2ND SHOT: INFINITE'S LEE SUNGYEOL/ YEOLIE

 

 

 

Title: Unadmitted Love

Characters: Lee Sungyeol/ YOU

Genre: Romance

 

 

I am riding at this air-conditioned cab while looking at the gloomy night sky and the busy city lights of my hometown. There are no stars.” I think it’s going to rain. I look at my bag to check if my umbrella is there. “Hayy…Why am I so stupid to forget my umbrella?” I utter and I lean my back at the seat.

I am going to meet my friend who needs my words about her relationship which is currently on the rocks. Actually, if I were my friend, I should call someone better than me because I am not the right person for her to talk to.

Three years past is already enough for me to forget how a relationship goes. I am single for a long time but it doesn’t mean that I stop from loving but committing? YES. I just want to give more time for myself and to know the reason why my longest relationship ended in one click. I need to reflect to know if the problem is within me or I just chose the wrong person to love before.

 

I am already at the café where my friend and I should meet. I choose to sit where I can see the beauty of the city. While I am waiting for my friend, I observe the people around me. All of them have companions. There are lovely couples, bunch of friends who are spending their free times together, and students on their uniforms while seriously doing their homeworks. There are also people like me. Sitting alone at their tables though the differences are, some of them are talking with their special someone over their phones while the others are happily reading books.

I am alone. I don’t have someone to talk over the phone or a book to read. I’m just simply waiting for my friend whom I don’t know if she has still a plan to meet me. To tell you honestly, even if it is comfortable to be alone, there is a part of me that saying, I am lonely without having someone to rely on.

I still don’t have any idea on what should I have to be happy. I feel like I am a flower who grows at the wrong season or a person who goes to a wrong place and no one would like to save me and tell me the right direction.

 

Two hours already passed. I still don’t see any signs if my friend is coming. That’s why I look for my phone inside my bag to give her a beep. I also realized that it is already two hours since I daydream about how lonely I am. I am always like this. Maybe, this is the reason why I’m always lost and blind to see the reality of life.

 

Mianhe, Yula-ssi. He just apologized to me. Take care. ^_^

 

I want to scold her when I read her message to me. But how can I blame her if I am the one who makes a mistake? The message was sent while I’m daydreaming and I did not notice it. I can’t do anything. It is not my friend’s fault if she has a boyfriend who just reconciled to her and I don’t have.

I hurriedly stood up from my seat. I still need to walk at the lighted yet dangerous footbridge because of the crimes reported there.

I let out a big sigh before I take a step. I expect that I’m going to walk with my friend here but I feel like I am fooled by my expectations and the opposite fate is happening to me right now.

While I am walking, the heavy rain starts to pour. I don’t have an umbrella! I run. However, I am not the only one in hurry that’s why the chaos begins at the footbridge. I try to swift them by my arms but they also pushing me that’s why when someone bumps me, I lose my balance.

Did I fall? No. I did not fall. Someone is hugging me tightly.

The world stops at me and to the person embracing me. Together with this moment, my brain suddenly shutdown and all I can do is to stare at the people walking on my right side. We are in the middle. People are bumping on us but the strength of this person is no joke.

He is hugging me. Hugging me tightly. And for the first time, I realize that I have to know who this stranger is.

He is wearing a black hood that covering half of his face. All I can see is the lower part particularly his lips. Don’t smile. I mutter to myself and praying for him to maintain his current expression. I know this stranger very well. And I will never forget his features even if I can only see half of it.

 

“Aigoo…It’s you, Yula. I was about to go at the opposite direction when I see someone’s about to fall.”

 

He speaks in a childish tone and after that, I see my most favorite smile though his smile is not the best. And most of all, he is hugging me. Lee Sungyeol is with me in the middle of the rain. Seizing the moment between us.

Lee Sungyeol, the childish yet the guy that I adore since when I’m still preparing for college.

I put my right hand in his left ear. I smirk when I touch the earrings around it. He never changed even his charismatic style. He is still the Sungyeol I used to know. The guy that continues to capture my heart.

However, he don’t have any idea how I really like him until now. I am hopeless romantic about him. We never have a chance to talk about our feelings for each other because when I decided to confess my feelings for him, he introduced me to Woohyun who became my boyfriend way back in college.

 

“Can we go now?”

 

He wraps his arms around my shoulders and we proceed to walk at my direction. He also kicks playfully the water on our way and he screams how cold is the weather today.

I miss him. The childish yet manly Sungyeol. I like him not only because of his face or how tall he is. But on how he can be so manly in spite of his playful side.

He releases his arms around me when we got to the other side of the bridge. I look at him. He is smiling at me and he pushes me slightly to tease me.

 

“Wae? I never saw you for more than one year. You had gotten taller now.”

“Hahaha! But still with an attitude of an elementary student.”

 

We laugh and the deafening silence comes afterwards. The heavy traffic is next to us. Many people are trying to get on the buses and cabs to survive the not-so good weather.

 

I want to escape from the coldness of my feelings now. My heart is full of both anxious and happiness. It is mixing through my body and I’m afraid to what might be the result if I stay longer here.

 

“Yula? Why are not talking to me?”

 

He grabs my hand and he shakes it like a kid who wants his mother to buy him a new toy.

 

“Mianhe, I’m just really eager to go.”

“Let’s share some stories first. Let the others go before we take a bus or a cab.”

“I can’t. I still have work tomorrow.”

“Yula…”

“Sungyeol!”

 

He stops from acting like a kid when I yell. I find that there are some people glaring at us. I feel shame though I did not bother myself to apologize at them.

I thank God when an empty bus comes. I am about to run when he holds my hand tightly. I turn to him and I see his serious face. His eyes are telling me not to go but I have to. I really need to go.

 

“I said let us t-“

I kiss him. That’s what am I scared to do. To kiss him. I know he is shock although he chooses to close his eyes.

 

“Let’s talk when we see each other again. But for now….I should say goodbye. We’re different now, Yeolie.”

 

I hitch on the bus while crying. The people are looking weirdly at me and I can also hear their murmurs. I give a kiss of goodbye. He is almost mine now but I let him go because I Still don’t want him to know. Till next time, Sungyeol…when everything grows at the right time and place.

Finally, I’m already at my station. When I step down, someone drags and hugs me again. I push him for suspecting that is a robber. But I am surprise when he is Sungyeol. He is catching his breath while holding both of his knees.

 

“I-I ran to see you again. So…we can talk. We’re really different now because it’s been years since I suffered from the wrong thing I’ve done to you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Mianhe, if I introduced you to my friend before instead of confessing my true feelings towards you.”

 

I run to him and hug him tightly. The tears start to flow again t my face. I don’t know the reason of crying but I don’t want to lose him again.

 

“Yula, please stop crying. Yeolie is already here now.”

“Don’t ever leave me again.”

“Never. Let’s go now. It’s still raining. And let me meet your younger brother. I want to challenge him for a computer game.”

 

He is still childish on the way he talks but I can’t deny know how manly he walks and looks at me right now.