One Shot

Silent Love

Baekhyun takes a sniff of the sensual aroma of his coffee. He smiles a little before taking the cup in both of his hands, elbows resting on the table. He looks outside the window where vehicles passing by and people walking to their destination, engrossed in their own world. He saw a group of teenage girls chatting and laughing together. How sweet it is. He looks into his cup and closes his eyes before bringing the cup to his lips, taking a sip of his black but sweet coffee. A smile formed on his lips once again, satisfied with its taste. He looks again to the outside world, many things running through his mind. When he looks back ahead, a man already sit in front of him, a sweet smile on his lips. The love of his life, Chanyeol. Baekhyun smiles back.

-Flashback-

Baekhyun always come to the coffee shop after work. He is just a employee in a company who just graduated few weeks ago and he needs his daily cup of coffee. He sits at a table near the corner and he saw that guy again. He will always be there when he comes. The guy is tall, with brown curly hair, has a pair of round eyes. Simply said, he is beautiful and Baekhyun is attracted to him. Baekhyun was caught off guard when the guy looks at him and gives a sweet smile. Baekhyun's heart flutters. He wants to be friends with him. Get to know him. But what he can do? He can't speak.

It's been months since the first time Baekhyun saw him and they only exchange gestures to each other. Baekhyun feels so comfortable with his existence in this coffee shop. It makes him forget all the stress from work and make him feel at peace. He found himself always staring at that figure, smiling to himself. He knows he falls for the guy. He falls hard. But he keeps his feelings to himself. It's not like he can voice out what he feels. He doesn't even have voice. But it's okay as long as he can see him. That's enough for him.

It's a beautiful day and as usual Baekhyun steps into his favourite place, pointing at his order. But when he turns around from the cashier counter, he found that the guy is not even day. A lot of questions run through his mind. He frowns and takes his cup of coffee to his usual table near the corner. He keeps on looking at the empty table and sighs. He jumps a little from his seat when he hears a voice from his back. He turns around and saw that guy smiling to him. His mouth hang open a little and he mentally slaps himself when the guy fakes a cough.

"Can I sit here?"

Baekhyun nods a little and looks down. He's playing with his fingers, nervous with the sudden appearance of his dream guy. The guy laughs a little and Baekhyun expresses his confusion through his face.

"Nothing. Sorry. My name is Chanyeol. You are?"

Baekhyun immediately looks down, almost crying. How he could tell him his name? Chanyeol who realized the sudden sadness carefully asking him.

"Is there something wrong?"

Baekhyun takes out his small note book and writes something on it. He then puts the note book on the table and pushes it towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol takes the note book and reads what Baekhyun just wrote.

 

I'm sorry. I don't have any voice. I'm mute.

 

Chanyeol gives back the note book to Baekhyun and stands up from his seat, walking away. Baekhyun keeps his head low all the time and a tear escapes his eye. He knows it. There's no way Chanyeol will be his friend now he knows he's mute. Baekhyun hides his face in his palms and starts sobbing. He stops sobbing few seconds later when he hears the chair in front of him moves. When he removes his hands, he is shock to see Chanyeol sits back on his chair, writes something on the paper. Chanyeol then smiles and gives the paper to Baekhyun. Baekhyun wipes his tears and reads the note.

 

I'm sorry if I scared you earlier. I just went to the counter to get some papers and a pen. I shouldn't use your note book right? It's your privacy. Shall we start again? My name is Chanyeol. What is your name? Sorry I made you cry. It's not my intention, I swear.

 

Baekhyun starts crying again after read Chanyeol's note. Chanyeol panics and moves to Baekhyun's side to calm him down. And simply said, that's how their love blossoms.

-Present- 

"What are you thinking about, baby?"

Nothing. Just thinking about our past, that's all.

"Our past? Baby, you cried like a baby in the past."

Chanyeol laughs and Baekhyun hits his arm, pouting his lips and pretending to be mad. Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's hands, looking deep into his eyes. Baekhyun tilts his head and then Chanyeol kisses his lips in a sweet addicting kiss. Baekhyun kisses back and his heart flutters. It's not every day Chanyeol kisses him. They keep their skinship to a minimal level. When Chanyeol pulls back from the kiss, he holds onto Baekhyun's left hand, the top of his hand lovingly. He then kisses Baekhyun's hand.

"Baekhyun-ah, it's been two years since we're together and I think this is a perfect moment to ask you the question."

Baekhyun is lost. He doesn't have a clue.

"Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?"

Baekhyun is taken aback, he's staring at Chanyeol. He can see Chanyeol's eyes a little wet, probably too happy or too nervous. Either two, he's not sure. He doesn't know when he started crying himself and approaches Chanyeol to hug him. He hugs him tight and start sobbing like a kid. He never thought Chanyeol will ever think to make him as his partner in life. Baekhyun breaks the hug and nods at Chanyeol, saying yes to his proposal. Chanyeol lets out a happy sigh, cups Baekhyun's cheeks with his hands and kisses him once more. Baekhyun couldn't be happier. Finally, he can feel the happiness like a normal person did.