Chapter 2

Face

Of course, JR didn't set me into it right away. He sent me home, told me to rest. He gave me time to realize just how absolutely trapped I was. I didn't get any rest that night.

I sat up from my bed and stared at my blank white wall. Suddenly, I felt a surge of anger flow through me. I screamed and my fist flew into the wall, leaving a large crack. I stayed there, breathing heavily. I lifted my head up. I went over the damage with my hand. Another 100,000 won for a stupid temper tantrum. I looked down. My hand was trembling, my thoughts were racing. Pure rage coursed through my veins. I hit the wall again. 

I needed to stop. Anymore loud noise and I would wake the neighbors. At least on the other side of that particular wall was just my small kitchen, and not someone else's apartment. I hadn't even started to work with JR and there was already trouble.

And JR definitely brought trouble. It practically swarmed around him. Rivals ready to kill, punks who needed to learn their place, fawning girls who wanted money and secrets. 

JR. Everyone knew that he took what he wanted, especially from his crew.

Was it worth it? I could make a run for it. Pick up everything, not that I had much, and leave and run as far away as I could. But JR's influence stretched far, and it was rumored that he had connections throughout all of Seoul. It could be false, having that kind of influence is difficult for a high-schooler to achieve, but with JR anything was possible. I didn't have enough money to get out of Seoul. My small apartment was severely overpriced since it was so close to the center of the city, and I barely made enough to cover expenses. 

I might be able to make it to the outskirts, the slum neighborhoods, or maybe even the suburbs. But then what? Can't go to school, JR could find me. Can't work, JR could find me. Can't even buy an apartment, all thanks to JR's pet computer hacker Minhyun. 

I could move to Jeju and he would somehow manage to find me, eventually. Overkill? Probably, but when JR set his eyes on a prey, he never gave up.

Should I try?

Could I try?

What would he do to me if I failed?

Escape was too risky, and I wouldn't have enough cash to make it anyway. There was no hope. My choices were to do JR's bidding, or face certain exile and most likely a harsh beatdown. 

God. There really was no escape.

 

+~~~+

 

I went to school as normal the next morning. Except instead of my usual impeccable uniform, I took my tie off. It was a symbol. A status symbol that showed that even the strict teachers couldn't touch me now. JR had just made me untouchable. Not that I cared. But I never did like wearing a tie.

People could tell. They could tell the instant I walked through the gate. The people who were with me when Baekho came to fetch me had obviously blabbed to everyone. People who used to jabber around me sensely and tried to be my friends now kept at a respectable distance. I couldn't help but smirk at the obvious fear on the faces of the people who used to insist on calling me 'friend.'

Out of all of JR's crew I was alond in this part of the school. The second and third years were on different parts of the campus. So I was a little startled when I saw Minhyun standing in front of my homeroom. All he said was a time. 3:00.

I knew what he meant, even a fool would. JR would see me now. He would order me to go out, bully some troublemakers, take control of more areas of the city. I had heard rumors that recently he was having trouble with the leader of a gang from another high school. I pity them.

Maybe, I just wouldn't go.

I didn't want to hurt people. I didn't want to get myself caught up in some turf war.

I have work today too. I can just skip this meeting. I'll probably be punished. But I feel justified to make a stupid decision. Because I still had hope. Just a little, but it was still alive and kicking. All I needed was sheer dumb luck.

My classes flew by. The people who had clung to me before and called me 'friend' in their irritating, high-pitched voices kept their distance now. The girls resorted to admiring me from afar, but they were doing a lot more preening now. Since I'm a first-year like them, apparently they think that they actually have a chance with me. Yeah. Sure.

I didn't know any pretty girls. Even though I could have any girl, I just didn't feel like getting close to some whiny, loud, touchy brat.

I collected my books slowly at the end of class. I could run. I would run. 

And then I saw Baekho standing at the gates of the school waiting for me. He stood there with a smirk as he leaned against the brick post. 

As I got close he quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. His mouth to my ear, he spoke softly. "Running away won't work."

Baekho's face was hard as he firmly grabbed my shoulder. He applied a little force and started to push me towards the warehouse that JR used as headquarters. 

 

And so it begins.

 

 

 

+~~~+

 

Hello everyone!!!

I've missed you, but you would not believe how busy I've been, even in the summer. 

I have work, summer self-study, summer homework, summer reading, violing practice and lessons, dance practice, running, swim team... Maybe too much? Nah...

Well, I made a poster for this fic, but you've probably already seen it. I know that the size is way too big, but I'll probably leave it for now.

I also made a poster for Gayageum and Guitar, which I think turned out better. 

The posters aren't the best as I made them online with PicMonkey, using the collage feature. Really handy. 

And this is really exciting... Ahem.. I got tickets to 2ne1's New Evolution concert in August >.< 

It's so awesome, my dad bought them for me, since he's a 2ne1 fan... :) I didn't even have to convince him, I just mentioned that they were coming to New Jersey and he immediately said he'd buy them. 

So.

Gayageum and Guitar will be updated next, and I have multiple other stories that I am planning.

Okay, so remember to comment and subscribe <3 Saranghae :)