Hoping to Get The Job

Going Undercover

I ran down the street as fast as I could. God those people were fast! Those scum! They'd stolen my wallet out of my back pocket! Those damn kids. I chased them to the corner until someone set their foot out, tripping them.

I immediately grabbed my wallet out of their hands once I reached them. The two boys that stole my wallet ran off in an instant, not attempting it a second time.

I breathed a sigh of relief and turned to the person who had helped. Only-they were nowhere to be found. I looked around the street, not seeing anyone who looked involved with the incident at all. I just shrugged it off and continued on my way to the street vendor for some Ddokbokki.

I didn't have much money left since my job waiting tables didn't pay for much. The only things I could afford to eat nowadays was ddokbokki and ramen.

I wasn't that upset about it. The thing I was upset the most was I was going to miss EXO's debut showcase in a week. I didn't have any money to spare myself a ticket. I tried to shrug it off as best as I could whenever I got upset over it. By now, I'd accepted defeat and went on with my life. It wasn't worth being upset over if I wasn't going anyways. Period.

I approached the street vendor, breaking my thoughts. The street vendor and I were almost friends really since I ate there so often. She had the best ddokbokki out of all of them within a mile range. "Back again so soon, Yoori?" The street vendor asked, jokingly.

I gave her a teasing smile. "Lets see what you'd be able to eat with a small amount of money, Dahee!" I teased.

She smirked and filled a cup full of the rice cakes drenched in the rich, red, spicy sauce and handed me it with a toothpick. I handed her a couple wons and took my share gladly. Once I said goodbye, I found a fountain nearby to sit on.

The peaceful waterfall sounds made up for the annoying sounds of the city. This was my usual dinner. And when the spiciness got too unbearable, I secretly scooped some water from the fountain and drank some. I wasn't a hobo necassarily...just saving myself a few extra bucks for buying water.

After I was finished, I threw my cup away and headed home. I loved going from the street vendor to my home. One of the main reasons why is because it let me walk past the SM building. I always would stop and admire the building, just imagining how many idols had walked through the door.

And there I ended up again, standing in front of the building. Only this times, there was a small piece of paper taped to the window. I stalked over to read it.

 

SM HIRING!

NEW MANAGERS NEEDED FOR NEWEST GROUP, EXO!

STOP IN FOR AN INTERVIEW AND FORM!

****REQUIREMENTS:

*MUST BE 20 YEARS OF AGE 

*MUST BE MALE

 

I huffed once I read the last line. Male? Grrrr. This was quite est in my view...but I then caught my reflection in the mirror. I had always been commented on for my boyish looks. Heck I'd been kicked out of the girl's highschool locker room plenty of times. I even think Dahee thinks I'm a boy! She always is giving me those flirty looks. I smiled at my reflection. I was glad I liked my hair cut short.

After considering it, I approached the doors. I had walked past these many times-but never been through them. My heart was beating fast. I pushed open the doors to be welcomed by warm air in the lobby. The lobby which was extremely gorgeous.

There was a stone fountain bubbling in the middle, a mini chandelier containing thousands of crystals hanging from the cieling, white marble floors, and framed posters of all of the Hallyu stars they've created. It went from H.O.T to Shinhwa, Super Junior, and SNSD on the left to SHINee, f(x), BoA, and EXO on the right.

I was mesmerized as my feet carried my to the front desk at the back of the lobby. The receptionist looked up at me and smiled. "You're here to apply for the new manager position, right?" She asked me.

I smiled back and nodded. Most of that smile was because I gained more confidence that I could pull off being a boy. She handed me the forms for me to fill out. "Take these, fill them out and come back tomorrow at 3pm for an interview, please." She told me.

And with that I skipped out of the building with the papers. It felt so good! I was so happy that I practically danced back to my apartment. Screw trying to go to the debut showcase when you could be with them upclose 24/7!

I ran up the stairs to the 3rd floor where my small spartment was. It didn't contain much. Just a bedroom for one, a bathroom, and a kitchen. I didn't have a living room nor needed one since paying for a TV and service would just be another pain in the .

I plopped myself onto my bed with my pen and began to fill out the form. I had to start work at 8pm and work till midnight at the restaraunt. Then I had to work from 9am to 2pm during the day. I had about an hour left before I had to leave for work so I sped through the form. Who read the Terms and Conditions anyways? Psh....nobody.

I agreed and signed my name and placed it out on the counter for me to pick up tomorrow. I had butterflies in my stomach. I felt like my dream was about to come true.

 

BTW The picture is Yoori!