Our Happy Ending

Our Happy Ending

 

Donghae’s POV.

Two days ago, I had confess about my feeling to Yoona. But she didn’t answer, she instead told me to accept Yuri. Yes, yesterday Yuri was confessed to me. I didn’t know her reason of being like this. But I just do what she wanted, because I love her so much. She told me to learn how to love Yuri. But I couldn’t. I just love Yoona, and no one else. Why this is have to so complicated?

            “Oppa!” Yuri ran over me with Yoona. I and Yoona acted like usually. Always had a fought or argued. You annoyed, Yoona!

            “Yuri! Are you busy today?” I asked.

            “Yes, I’m sorry yeobo. Again, my mom asked me to go the her office. She said she has a new task for me. You know, I’ll change her position as a director.” She smiled.

            “It’s okay. I understand.” I smiled.

            “Oh, and can you please take Yoona home? She’s a bit sick.” Yuri said. I was shocked. She’s sick?

            “Huh? I thought you’re sister is strong. Hahaha, this is the first time I saw you’re sister sick.” I acted. Okay, 1 more fact about us, me, Lee Donghae, actually never care about her, but it when we were kids, before I fell in love with her. But, now I have to act like usually. Yuri and Yoona were different. Yuri was a soft girl, while Yoona was a brave girl, that’s the reason why I fell in love with her this much.

           “Yah! Can you care about my sister this time? She was coughing up blood.” She hit my hand.

            “Jinjja?!  Is she okay?” I asked panicked.

            “I don’t know. She doesn’t want to go to the hospital to check up. You know that I can’t force her to do something.” Yuri said as she turned her head to looked her sister behind us. Yoona was coughing.

            “Are you okay? I think you need to go to the doctor Yoona-ah.” Yuri said.

            “I’m okay eonni, I was too tired. These days Park Songsaenim gives me a lot of homework.” Yoona said. She looks pale. Yoong, are you okay?

            “Hm, okay. After school, Donghae will take you home, okay?” Yuri said.

            “Yah! Eonni! Why Donghae?” She pouted.

            “Yoong, he is our best friend. He is the one I trust.” Yuri said again.

            “Aish, arraseo.” Yoona sighed.

Yoona’s POV.

I really sorry, Donghae. I had to lie to you. I love you too Donghae, I really love you, I couldn’t lie about my own feeling, but my sister is my first priority, I hoped you understand it. If I accepted you, it’s the same as I hurt you. and I didn’t want to hurt you.

            “Yoona, I gotta go now, okay? Mom already waiting on me. Bye! Be careful.” Yuri said while she waved at me and enter the car. Only me and Donghae left. Okay, it’s awkward. We walked toward the parking area. Donghae walked in front of me.

            “Yoong.” He broke the awkwardness as he stop walked.

            “What?” I asked.

            “Give me reasons.” He said without looking at me, his back facing me.

            “What reason?” I asked. Acted like I didn’t know what he meant.

            “You know what I mean.” He said.

            “What?” I asked cold.

            “Yoong, do you hate me?” He asked,still didn’t look at me. I coughed, I covered up my mouth with palm. After coughed, I looked at my palm, there’s a blood on it. God, could you make me stay a little longer?

            “Yoong, answer me!” He shouted.

            “If I say yes?” I asked.

            “Huh, so it’s the answer.” He said cold.

            “I asked you, not giving you an answer!” I yelled.

            “It’s still the same.” He said. “Why do you hate me, Yoona?! Did I do something wrong with you?!” He shouted. My vision got blured. I lost my balance. And then everything was dark.

Donghae’s POV.

I was yelled at her, when I turned my head I saw her fainted. Gosh! What’s wrong with me?!

I ran toward her and carried her to my car. I laid her body on the passenger’s seat while I sat on the driver’s seat. I worried about her. What happened to her? I saw her palm was red and it’s a blood. God, I hope she’s okay.

After 10 minutes, we arrived at her house. I drove my car as fast as I could. I carried her to her room and laid her on her bed. She looks pale. I touched her forehead, “Gosh! She got a high fever!”

I ran toward the kitchen, I took some cold water and took small towel. After that I walked toward her room. I compressed her, I hoped after this she’ll get better. I went back to the kitchen and made a soup for her. When I came back to her room, I saw Yoona already woke up.

            “Yoong, you wake up.” I said. “Eat this, you must be hungry.” I gave her the soup. She took it and started eat the soup.

            “Hm, Yoong…. I’m sorry about what happened earlier.” I said. She looked at me.

            “Donghae, I want you to know that I love you too. I can’t lie to my own feeling, I love you too Donghae. I just can’t be with you. You know how much Yuri loves you. I don’t want to make Yuri sad. You know that so hard for her to falling in love. Do you know how happy Yuri when she told me about you or when you accepted her. Her smile make me feel like I was the happiest person in my life. Donghae, I’m sorry. I want you to take care my sister when I’m not beside her. I want you to love her just the way she love you, okay?” She asked. I just nodded while crying.

After a few second I started to control myself. I wiped my tears and talked with Yoona. Suddenly Yuri opened the door. She shocked both of us. She looked like she was cried.

            “Yoona, are you okay?” She asked soft.

            “I’m okay eonni, don’t worry.” Yoona smiled.

            “Donghae, you still here?” Yuri asked me.

            “Yes, she was fainted. I can’t leave her alone. We’re still best friend right? Haha.” I said awkward.

            “Yeah, you’re right. If you tired you can go home.” She said.

            “Is it okay? I can’t leave both of you alone. While waiting your mom come back I’ll sit on the couch okay?” I said as I walked toward the living room.

Yuri’s POV.

I was very tired. I come home on 9 o’clock. Donghae said that he want to wait until my mom came back home.  After Yoona falls asleep, I went to the living room and saw Donghae already falls asleep. I sat beside him and I his hair. He’s pretty handsome. I love him very much, but my sister is my first priority.

            “Yuri… what time is it?” He woke up.

            “11 pm, maybe you should go home now. I can take care of myself and my sister.” I smiled.

            “Is it okay?” He asked again. I just nodded.

            “If something happen, just call me okay?” He asked.

            “Okay…” I said. He stood and walked toward the door. But I ran and back hugged him. He looked shocked, but after that he replied me.

            “Oppa…. Do you…………love me?” I asked. There was silent.

            “It’s okay if you-“ Donghae cutted my words.

            “Yes, of course I love you. If I don’t, I will never accepted you that time. Arraseo?” He said.

            “Arraseo…” I answered.

            “Okay, I gotta go now, okay? Bye…” He said and then he left.

I hoped what you said was true Donghae……

Yoona’s POV.

I woke up late today. I was looking for Yuri everywhere but I couldn’t find her. I saw a note in the refrigerator.

Yoona, today you don’t have to go to school. You need some rest. If something happen, call me. Arraseo? (Yuri)

I smiled. She is the best sister ever! I love her very much. She’s very caring and soft.

I looked at my watch. “Omo! I forgot that I have to go to the hospital!” I ran toward the bathroom. After prepared, I dressed up. I went to the hospital by car. I went to Dr. Kim office.

            “Excuse me..” I opened the door.

            “Ah, Mrs. Im… Please, take a sit.” He said. I sat I front of him. “You need a kidney donor.” The doctor said.

            “What? A kidney donor?” I asked.

            “Yes, your time is a couple of days left.” He said.

            “A couple of days?” I asked in shocked.

            “Yes” He said.

I couldn’t believe this. Why this is so unfair? God, please… make me stay for a little longer. Please….

Yuri’s POV.

I was looking for Yoona everywhere but I couldn’t find her. I was looking Yoona at her room but I didn’t see Yoona there. I was about to closed the door when something made me walked closer to it. I took a white paper. It’s a letter from hospital. I read the letter. I was very shocked when I read the letter. So… all this time, Yoona was kept a disease? Why she didn’t tell me? Renal failure? Yoona, sorry, because I was being a jerk selfish sister. Sorry, Yoona.

Suddenly the door opened and I saw Yoona cried. She was surprised when she saw me held the paper from hospital.

            “Yoong…” She ran to me and hugged me tightly.

            “Why didn’t you tell me before?” I asked. She kept cried. I just replied her hugged.

After a few minutes, she could control herself like before. She just looked at the floor. Very silent here.

            “Didn’t mom know about this?” I asked. Yoona shook her head.

            “You should tell her.” I said.

            “Don’t tell her, eonni. You know that she’s very busy. I don’t want mom to leave her job just for me. Moreover, she didn’t care about me.” She said. She looked sad.

            “What about Donghae? Did he know this?” I asked. Okay, it’s very hard to say that word, ‘Donghae’.

            “No, he didn’t know. Please, don’t tell him.” She said. Her eyes looked teary.

            “Okay. So, what the doctor said?” I asked.

            “He said, that I need a kidney donor. Only a couple days left.” She said.

            “WHAT?!” I shocked. “How long did you keep this secret from me?!” I yelled.

            “1 year?”

            “YOONA!” I shouted.

            “Mianhae, eonni. I didn’t mean it. I just don’t want you to worry about me. I want to live the rest of my life with happiness with person I love. It’s you, Yuri. I want to have a perfect memory before I leave this world.” She smiled, not a happy smile.

            “Yoong, I don’t want you to talk like this. I hate it you know? It’s hurt me.” I said.

            “I’m sorry, eonni.” She said. I sighed.

            “So, are you going to check up tomorrow?” I asked.

            “No, there is no check up anymore. My time are a couple of days left.” She said.

            “Next time, if you want to go to check up, call me, I’ll accompany you. arraseo?”

            “Ne, eonni, arraseo.” I said.

            “Go rest for a bit, I’ll prepare dinner.” I said.

            “Ne, eonni…” She said.

THE NEXT 5 DAYS

Yoona’s POV.

            “Eonni! *cough* Yuri eonni! *Cough*” I called eonni.

            “Ne! what’s wrong?!” She looked panicked.

            “Ani, maybe today I’m not going to school again.” I keep coughing.

            “It’s okay, I’ll tell the teacher. Just rest, okay?” She said.

            “Ne, eonni.”

Yuri’s POV.

From day by day, her condition became worse, and she didn’t want to go to hospital. I really confused now, I didn’t know what i have to do. I couldn’t concentrate with school.

            “Yuri!” Donghae waved his hand in front of me.

            “Eh? What?” I asked.

            “What are you thinking about? I called you for hundred times but you didn’t answer. what’s wrong?” He asked.

            “Something bad happened, Donghae. And the bad thing is I can’t solve this problem.” I said as tears flowed on my cheek.

            “Tell me, what happened? Maybe I can help you.” He said. He looked worried.

            “It’s Yoona…” I said.         

            “What happened with Yoona?” I asked panicked.

            “She’s sick Donghae….” I said.

            “Sick?”

            “Yes, she’s suffer renal failure.” I said.

            “What?!” Donghae was shocked. He was hugging me tight.

            “Her time only a couple of days…” Donghae was crying. He hugged me tight.

            “Ssshhh, she’ll be okay. Believe me….” He said.

            “I hope, she’ll be okay. And, today after school can I go with you? I want to see her condition.” He said.

            “Sure..” I said.

Donghae’s POV.

After school I and Yuri went to her home together. I wanted to see her, Yoona. I hope she’s fine.

We arrived at her house. When I entered the house, it’s very dark.

            “Yoong! Where are you?!” Yuri said. I help her looking for her sister. I entered Yoona’s room. I saw her lied down on the bed, I walked closer toward her and I could see Yoona nosebleed. I was very shocked.

            “Yoona! Wake up!!” I shook her body but she didn’t respond.

            “Yoona!! Wake up!! Please!!” I carried her.

            “Yuri! Let’s go to the hospital!” I shouted. I put her on the back seat.

I drove very fast than usually. I don’t know why, but I feel very worried. I was very panicked, I almost hit a truck.

            “Donghae!! Be careful!! Don’t be panicked!!” Yuri shouted.

After that I entered the hospital when we arrived. I carried Yoona, I ran in the hospital. And then the nurse help me. I put Yoona on the hospital’s bed (I don’t know what is it call). The nurse told me not to entered the room.

            “Hae, calm down. Yoona will be okay…” Yuri said while crying with me. I just sat beside her.

Yuri’s POV.

After waiting for several hours, finally the doctors came. Donghae stood and walked toward the doctor.

            “How is she, doc?” He asked.

            “Are you her family?” The doctor asked. Donghae just nodded.

            “She’s okay. But she’s very weak. She’s suffer renal failure, she should immediately do the surgery, she need a kidney donor.” The doctor said.

            “Is she awake?” I asked.

            “Yes she is.”

            “Can we see her?” Donghae asked.

            “Sure.”

Yoona’s POV.

I saw Yuri and Donghae came in. I smiled a little bit when I saw Donghae and Yuri. They made my heart a little calm.

            “Hi, are you okay?” Donghae asked. He smiled, no he forced himself to smile. I just nodded.

            “Why you didn’t tell me?” He asked.

            “I….. I don’t want to make you worried.” I answered.

            “Donghae, I think I don’t have so much time. I just want to say sorry.” I smiled.

            “No… no… you’ll safe! You have to fight!! Please!” He said.

            “Donghae…. I’m tired. I want to sleep.” I said.

            “No! I can let you sleep!” He said. He cried.

            “Donghae, trust me, I’ll wake up in the morning, tomorrow.” I smiled.

            “You have to promise.” He said.

            “I promise.” I smiled. And then he let me sleep.

The next day, when I woke up Donghae already in the room, he prepared me a breakfast. I could see his eyes swollen. Is he crying all night?

            “Donghae---“ He cutted my words.

            “Ssssttt, you don’t have to say anything today, just eat your breakfast, okay? I have a good news for you. But I’ll tell you after you eat your breakfast.” He said. I ate my breakfast as fast as I could.

            “Tell me the good news.” I said.

            “You get a kidney donor!” He smiled happy. I couldn’t believe this.

            “Are you kidding?” I asked in disbelief.

            “Am I look like I’m kidding?”

            “Donghae! I’m very happy right now! I can’t believe this! Wait! I think we should tell Yuri eonni about this, where is she?” I asked. He looked worried, he looked panicked.

            “She’s in the school, study.” He stuttered.

            “Why you look so weird right now?” I asked. Suddenly he hugged me.

            “Saranghae…. Yoona, I love you…. I really love you.” He said.

            “Donghae! What if Yuri eonni hear? You want to hurt my sister?!” I shouted. But he didn’t answer. And then I hugged him back.

            “Nado Saranghae….”

-----

It was lunch, 20 minutes later the surgery will start. I think my body became weak every day. Suddenly Yuri eonni came.

            “Yoona, I want to talk with you.” She said.

            “I want you to forgive me…..” She said.

            “You don’t have to apologize eonni, you didn’t do something wrong.” I smiled.

            “Just… forgive me, okay?” She said while cried loudly, I saw Donghae cried too. What’s wrong here?

            “Eonni, why are you being like this?” I asked.

            “Im Yoona…..” The doctor called my name. I entered the operation room. The doctor (menyuntikkan obat bius) to me. And then I went unconscious.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER

I woke up and see Donghae in front of me, smile. I smiled. But…. I didn’t see Yuri eonni. Where’s she?

            “Donghae… where’s Yuri eonni?” I asked. He frozen.

Donghae’s POV.

I froze. I didn’t know what to do. I smiled at her.

            “We’ll go to her place. Kajja…” I said. I help her walked. In the car, I put her stuffs in the back. And then I drove.

            “Donghae…. Why are we here? This is a funeral…” She said. I didn’t answer. I lend her to a funeral.

Kwon Yuri

1986-2012

            “What do you mean by this?” She stuttered.

            “You should read this.” I gave her a letter.

#FLASHBACK

            “Yuri! You don’t have to do this!” I said to her in the hospital when Yoona sleep.

            “But I have to! She’s my sister! She need my kidney!” She cried.

            “There must be another way!” I said.

            “No! There is not! Donghae…. I know you love her….” She said.

            “Wh-what are you talking about?”

            “I heard what you said to Bunga when she sick. Remember?” She said. oh no…

            “Yuri, I’m sorry..” I said.

            “It’s okay… Donghae, I have to do this, you have to be with Yoona. She’s still young. I have to do this.” She said. “And you can’t stop me. I’ll give my kidney to her, no matter what happen, even I’ll die.”

            “Yuri….”

            “Donghae, please give this to her, okay? And...... thank you for being my boyfriend all this time. You make my life beautiful. Sorry if I was being selfish.” She said.

 

            “Yuri, I’m sorry for being a jerk in your life. You know that I didn’t mean it.” I said while holding back my tears.

            “It’s okay.” She said. She gave me the a letter and left me.

 

 

#FLASHBACK END

Dear Yoona,

I’m sorry because I hurt you. I stole Donghae from you. I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you love him. And I’m sorry because when you read this later I’m not beside you. I’m sorry because I left you. I didn’t mean to hurt you. Hey! Don’t cry JKeep smile! Okay? by the way, don’t sad… because I always in your heart, remember… my kidney is in your body, so don’t ever say I was left you, because I’m always beside you.

Oh! And….. be happy with him, okay? He’s totally yours… don’t hurt him, and tell him… don’t ever try to hurt you or I’ll take you away from you, okay? so… that’s all.

Your Lovely Sister,

Yuri

            “Donghae! Why don’t you tell me that she’s the one who give his kidney?! Why?!” She shouted.

Yoona’s POV.

            “Because… if I tell you, you won’t accept her kidney.” He said.

            “It’s better I’m the one who died! Not her!” I cried out loud.

            “Ssshhhh, don’t  ever say that words again okay? She’ll happy if you happy… She doesn’t want to see you sad and cry like this okay?” He said while hugged me. I still cried.

            “I miss her Donghae. I love her very much.” I said while crying.

            “Me too…” He said.

3 YEARS LATER

Author’s POV.

Yoona and Donghae walked toward a funeral. They bring red roses and put it on Yuri’s funeral.

            “Yuri eonni, I and Donghae married. Do you happy? I hope you happy in there. Eonni, you know? I miss you very much right now. How are you in there? I hope you’re okay.” Yoona said. And then Donghae on his knee in front of Yuri’s funeral.

            “How are you Yuri? You know? I and Yoona are married already. I hope you happy for us. Thanks…. Thanks for gave me a second chance. But I’m sorry because I was hurt you in the past. Thanks Yuri for your love for me. I love you too.” He said. And then Donghae and Yoona left the funeral. Finally they found their happy ending.

Yoona’s POV.

            “Donghae….. I think this is my happy ending.” I smiled.

            “No, this is not your happy ending.” He said. I confused.

            “What do you mean?” I asked him confused. I didn’t understand.

            “This is not YOUR happy ending, but this is OUR happy ending. Get it?” He smiled.

            “Hm…. I think I understand. This is OUR happy ending. This is OUR love story. I think we should tell our love story to our child and our grandchild later. In the future.” I imagine when I have my hair turned white. I smiled.

            “Hahaha, you’re right. Let’s make babies then.” He looked at me seductive, and the next thing happen is Donghae kiss my lips. This is OUR happy ending. What about you?

 


Hm, I just want to tell you, that when Yuri was 15 years old, one of her kidneys damaged. So there's still one kidney left. I forgot to tell you about this OTL. I'm so sorry *bows* 

 

And thank you for your criticism ^^