I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

“Oppa!!”  Heeyoung jumped into Dongwoon’s arms.

“Hey babe.”  Dongwoon kissed her cheek.  “What’s up?”

Heeyoung’s face brightened as she began to tell her story.  “Today Onew-oppa and Kyujong-oppa took me to the amusement park.  We had fun.  We rode everything, even the big scary rollercoaster.  Onew-oppa puked when we got off.”

“Hey!!  That was supposed to be our secret.”  Onew blushed.

“Puked?  Really?”  Dongwoon raised an eyebrow.

“Oppa, how was your day?”  Heeyoung asked Dongwoon.

“The normal.  I went to work and then came to see you.”  Dongwoon smiled.

“Oh.”  Heeyoung’s face turned into a frown.  “I wish you’d have some fun too.  You’re always so busy.  We haven’t even gone on a date in a while.”

 

Suddenly Heeyoung’s phone alarm went off. 

 

“Oops.  I got to go home to baby sit Yoogeun.  Bye.”  Heeyoung ran off.

 

Dongwoon sighed as he saw her figure get farther away from him.  He suddenly got a massive headache.  He held his head and kneeled to the ground.

 

“Just tell her already.  She needs to know.  You can lie to her forever.”  Onew said as he bent over and rubbed Dongwoon’s back.

“I can’t.  I can’t hurt her.  She’s too-  I can’t.  She just- I tried, but every time I see her I don’t want to.  I can’t stand to see her hurt.”  Dongwoon regained his composure.

“You have to.”  Kyujong said.  “She’ll be more hurt if you don’t.”

“How do you tell someone you love, you’re going to die?  How do I say your boyfriend has a tumor in his brain and he has a 30% chance of survival for the surgery?  How do you say you need and want her by your side but you’re scared that she’ll run away?  How do you do that?  Tell me.”  Dongwoon said to his two more trusted friends as tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

~~

 

Dongwoon closed his eyes as he lay on the operating table.  [I]I’m sorry Heeyoung.  If I get out I’ll make it all up to you.[/I]

 

~~FLASHBACK~~

 

6 months ago.

 

Heeyoung was cleaning his apartment while singing Yayaya like she always did when she came over to his house on Fridays.  She skipped around picking up his dirty clothes.  Dongwoon smiled watched her do her usual routine.  His smile faded when he realized what he had to do next.

 

“Heeyoung, stop.  You’re acting ridiculous.”  Dongwoon scolded hiding his regret and tears.

“What?”  Heeyoung stopped and looked at him.

“You’re acting immature.  It’s irritating and I hate that.”  Dongwoon said sternly.

“But I always do this.  You never got mad.”  Heeyoung innocently defended herself.

“Well that was then and this is now.  I don’t like it.  Actually I’m tired of you.  Let’s break up.”  Dongwoon said, his eyes threatening to water.

“What?  B-B-But Oppa-  I…  Why?”  Heeyoung began to tear.

“I told you.  I’m tired of you, so get out of my house.”  Dongwoon pushed her out of the house.

“Oppa!!!”  Heeyoung pounded on the door.  “Please.  I can change.  Don’t break up with me!!!”  She sobbed as she fell to the floor by the door.

“Mian.  Mian.  Heeyoung I’m sorry.  I don’t want to, but I have to.  I’m sorry.”  Dongwoon silently cried on the other side of the door.

 

~~END~~

 

“Is his surgery today?”  Onew whispered to Kyujong, who nodded.

“What are you doing here?”  Heeyoung said to the two boys who were standing outside her door.

“Umm… What are you doing today?”  Kyujong asked.

“I’m going out with my friend Eli.  Why?”  Heeyoung looked at the boys.

“I-”  “Heeyoung!!”  Onew was cut off by a boy.

“Eli!!”  Heeyoung greeted the boy.  “Sorry I got to go.”  Heeyoung left with Eli.

 

Onew and Kyujong looked at each other then left for the hospital.

 

~~

 

2 months later

 

“My head.”  Dongwoon groaned as he held his head.

“You’re up.”  Kyujong said then went to wake up Onew, who was sleeping on the couch.

“Kyujong, Onew what’s going on?”  Dongwoon asked.

“Your surgery was a success.  You’re free of the tumor.”  Onew smiled.

“What about Heeyoung?  What happened to her?”  Dongwoon asked.

 

The boys were silent for a moment until Kyujong spoke.

 

“She’s okay, but there’s a guy who’s trying to take your place.”  Kyujong said.

“Oh.”  Dongwoon said sadly.

 

~~

 

After being discharged from the hospital the first thing Dongwoon did was see Heeyoung.  Dongwoon knocked on the door at her house.

 

“Yes-”  Heeyoung’s smile disappeared when he saw him.  “Can I help you?”

“We need to talk.”  Dongwoon said.

“Who’s that?”  Eli came and put his arm around Heeyoung’s shoulders.

“Sorry I have a guest.”  She said.

“What’s your relationship?”  Dongwoon asked.

“As you can see.”  Heeyoung answered.

“Oh sorry.”  Dongwoon sadly turned around and left.

“Who’s that?”  Eli asked.

“My ex.”  Heeyoung took his arm off her shoulders and went back into her house.

 

~~

 

“Please don’t do this to yourself.”  Onew pleaded with Dongwoon who was on his 10th bottle of beer.

“Come on you never drink.”  Kyujong said.

“Go away.”  Dongwoon pushed Onew and drank another bottle.

“Stop.  What would Heeyoung say if she saw you?”  Kyujong said trying to reason with him.

“Heeyoung?  She doesn’t care.  She has a boyfriend, so why would she care about me?  I should have died on the table.”  Dongwoon drunkenly said.

“Really?  You wanted to die?  Who’s the one who wanted to live to see her again?  Why don’t you try to win her back like a man instead of cowering out!!”  Kyujong yelled at Dongwoon.

“Shut up!!  What do you know!!”  Dongwoon pushed Kyujong and went back to his beer tears flowing from his face.

“Leave him alone.”  Onew pulled Kyujong away from Dongwoon.

“Whatever, I’m out.  If you can’t get your act together then I’m not going to help you.”  Kyujong left .

 

~~

 

Onew ran to Heeyoung’s house.  He knocked on the door until she answered

 

“Heeyoung…  I need…  to tell you…  something important.”  Onew said between his staggered breaths.

“What it’s twelve midnight?”  Heeyoung fixed her blanket on herself.

“It’s about Dongwoon.”  Onew said.  “He had a brain tumor.  He broke up with you because of it.  He had to do a surgery with only 30% chance of survival.  He loved you and still does.  He needs you so much right now.  Give him another chance.”

 

Heeyoung stared at Onew bewildered.

 

“What?”  Heeyoung asked in shock.

“He needs you.  He’s going to kill himself from alcohol poisoning if you don’t help him.”  Onew dragged Heeyoung into her house to change her clothes.

 

~~

 

“Dongwoon!!”  Heeyoung yelled as she went into his house.  “Stop”

Dongwoon looked at her then turned back to his beer.  “It’s an illusion, don’t fall for it.  She already has a man why would she care for you.”

 

Heeyoung ran over to Dongwoon.  She grabbed the beer in his hand in threw it on the floor.

 

“Why are you like this?”  Heeyoung scolded.  “The Dongwoon I know doesn’t drink.”

“Who cares?”  A very drunk Dongwoon said.

“I do.”  Heeyoung ran over and hugged Dongwoon.  “Don’t do this.  Please don’t.  I still love you.”

Dongwoon slowly hugged her back.  “Don’t be an illusion.  It hurts to be alone.  It hurts when you’re not around.”

“I’m not.  I’m the real thing.”  Heeyoung said.

“Good because I’m scared I’ll lose you again.”  Dongwoon kissed on the lips.

 

She pulled away from him and helped him to his bed.  They laid on the bed together Dongwoon kissed her again.  The kiss became passionate until Dongwoon suddenly stopped.

 

“I’m sorry.”  Dongwoon mumbled in his sleep.

 

Heeyoung giggled at him falling asleep on her.  She cuddled to his chest and fell asleep.