The coldness and warmth

It's not that cold after all

 

As the wind tugged on his jacket, a shudder convulsed his body. He opened his mouth slightly, causing his breath to freeze as soon as it mixed with the cold air, forming a miniature cloud.

Where is she? He questioned himself and murmured a silent prayer. His eyes darted around, desperate to spot a figure amidst the blinding whiteness. However, only trees caked with patches of white were there for him. In the blizzard of white and wind, he was all alone.

Once the numbness kicked in, he stumbled onto the ground almost immediately. From the tips of his toes to his legs and thighs, the pain engulfed him slowly. The coldness was taunting. It finally dawned upon him that the love of his life was never going to come back to him. The realisation tore his soul completely apart.

In a feat of anger, he slammed his knuckles against the solidified ground. The rage within him grew, with no intention to stop. His vision began to blur. It was only a matter of time before tears would roll down from his cheeks. He bit his lips and closed his eyes tightly. Clenching his hand into a fist, he placed it against his chest.

Somehow, amidst the frustration and exasperation that sent his senses flying away, he managed to take in deep breaths of the cool air. Though the way the air rushed in was piercing his lungs, he could care less. At the very least, it was keeping him alive.       



 

“Are you alright?”

The girl squatting in front of him shook him vigorously with all her might. She was afraid. It was her first time taking this route back home. It would haunt her for life if the unconscious man on the ground was in any form of danger.

Warmth shot through his entire body, jolting him to spring towards the source of the voice. He gasped as the familiar coldness sunk into his exposed skin. His eyes dilated as he tried to register the features of his savior into his brain.

Before he could cough out a string of words to express his gratitude, darkness washed over him.

 

For goodness’ sake, the girl was horribly frightened. With her trembling hands, she forced herself to shake him harder. Unfortunately, it did not work. Gagging at the sudden contact of air into her system, she fearfully punched the numbers onto her phone.

 

“Please stay strong, mister.” She grabbed onto his hands as if her life depended on it. Every single minute was a test to her endurance. Bringing his hands closer towards her cheeks, tears finally spilled out from the corner of her eyes.

 


 

His eyes flung open. Yet, at the very next moment, they shut closely together for the brightness was beyond his tolerance. Slowly, he struggled to tear his eyes open. It was all white. Strangely enough, there was no trace of lingering coldness. In fact, his hands felt extremely warm and comfortable.

It was not long till he realized his hands were right on a girl’s cheeks. Embarrassed, he flinched and pulled them away. Boy, was that a bad move. The girl shot up and a smile appeared on her face. It was so genuine that he felt the corners of his mouth tugging upwards.

As soon as her head landed onto his chest, Yoon Doo Joon could feel the warmth flowing back into his body. 

 

 

 

 

Hello, everyone. Firstly, I am really happy to have the first chapter up. I hope you guys will have an enjoyable reading experience here. Next, I will like to thank the three subscribers for showing so much support! In return, I will definitely keep this fanfic updated frequently. Feel free to leave me comments. 

Thank you.