I liked you

Through the Memory Lane

by watermelon

“Hae Yon-ah, are you okay?” Soo Yoon asked, shocked.

She my back and looked at me in concern while I cried harder. Those tears just kept flowing, disregarding my will to stop them. I covered my face with my hands, ashamed. In the past, I would run to the toilet, lock myself in the cubicle before letting those stupid tears fall. However, that time, I allowed myself to cry really hard before her. The bottled up feelings just seemed to flow out along with my tears.

Since the time I cried before Soo Yoon unnie, I tried harder to better control myself. I told myself that I am not going to let myself cry before others again but that was one promise I failed in keeping. Those negative thoughts would just occupy my mind and cause the eruption of emotions. The more I told myself not to cry, the more they would force their way out of my eyes. Whenever I cried before someone else, I feel useless and weak but I still did.

During that period, I smiled less and began not to laugh as often. Whenever I return home on the bus alone, I would find myself crying as I looked out of the window. When I felt some of the commuters looking in my way, I would bury my face into my bag and pretend to sleep. I would ensure my tears are dried and I looked normal before I returned home. With a plastered smile, I behaved normally before my family members. However, whenever I reached the toilet again, I would look into the mirror and start crying. Sometimes, I found myself switching on the running tap so that they wouldn’t hear me cry. It was a really tough period for me then and sometimes, I felt that I just couldn’t pull through. I refused to talk about my problems until that one day.

It was the compulsory annual club camp. On the second night was the camp fire. Everyone gathered around the camp fire and was dancing to the music. I began moving my body awkwardly along to the beat. Then, everyone began holding hands with one another and eventually formed a circle. It was then that I realized I had been left out of the circle. No one bothered to include me. I was standing there alone while the rest enjoyed themselves.

I felt so out of place, so extra and redundant. Before I knew it, I started crying yet again. Clenching my fists, I wiped away those tears and told them to stop mentally. However, more fell with the pull of gravity. If I was the mother and those tears are my children, they must be defiant kids.

“Hae Yon-ah, you okay?” Soo Yoon unnie walked over to me and led me out of the crowd.

I nodded my head but more tears dripped as I recalled the scene when they forgot about me. Maybe it was just a momentarily mistake that they left me out but it completely crushed the fragile me then. It was like a trigger to the sensitive me at that time. Bringing me to the toilet again, she got me to wash my face. I did as I was told and took in a deep breath.

“Now, do you want to talk about it? The reason why you have been crying so frequently nowadays? I promise I would keep it a secret, alright?” she said as she patted my shoulders.

I shook my head and faked a smile.

“I am fine.” I said simply and bit my lips, forcing myself not to cry.

“You’re not. Hae Yon-ah, you know? I am really worried about you. Not just me. Sung Yeol, Myung Soo and all the other seniors are whenever we see you like this. You are totally far from ‘fine’! Stop keeping everything to yourself… You are being too hard on yourself.” She said.

Under the moonlight, I saw tears formed in her eyes subsided the next second. I knew she was really concerned about me. Then, I sat down on the platform and she took the space before me. Soo Yoon was looking at me while I hugged my knees. There was a long silence and I knew she was waiting for me to speak.

“I want to help.” Soo Yoon said as she held my hand.

“Kim Hae Yon, don’t tell her. She can’t help you.” I thought to myself.

“You can’t. It’s my own problem. You won’t be able to help me.” I tilted my head and held back those tears.

“Every problem has a solution, Hae Yon.” She reassured me.

I shook my head, refusing to speak.

“Please, Hae Yon. I really want to help you. Help yourself too, will you?” she tried to get me to speak my problems.

“You promise to keep it to yourself?” I asked.

She nodded her head with a relieved smile.

“I…I…” I paused when I spotted Myung Soo and Sung Yeol sitting not far away. They seemed to be listening to our conversation and it bothered me. I didn’t want them to know about my personal problems. Soo Yoon followed my gaze and knew what I was thinking somehow.

“Sung Yeol! Can you guys move away from here…? Thanks!” Soo Yoon shouted over.

Myung Soo already stood up and left the spot when he heard her request. Sung Yeol looked over to me and smiled before leaving.

“Now, you are safe to speak.” She turned back to me so I nodded and began.

“I…I… have been feeling really down nowadays. It’s like nothing is going in my way… I am not scoring in my subjects when everyone else can. I feel so stupid and it’s like hard work don’t pay off… I am growing fatter and fatter every day and my father has been laughing at me. Sometimes I feel like I have no close friends with me. There are times that I wonder if I just died, will anyone shed a single tear for me?” I laughed sadistically at my thought as a tear slipped out of my eyes.

I saw sympathy in Soo Yoon’s eyes so I wiped off the tear and forced a smile.

“I’m right isn’t it? At the end of the day you can’t help me. No one can.” I mumbled.

“I will cry so don’t even think about dying.” Soo Yoon said.

“I won’t…Because I am too timid to.” I laughed again as more tears fell.

“Hae Yon-ah, I can help tutor you in language if you need help in them. Sung Yeol’s mathematics and sciences are good and he will be willing to help too. Who said that you have no close friends? I will be your friend, alright?” Soo Yoon said with a nice smile as she offered me a piece of tissue.

I nodded my head and wiped off those tears. Actually, talking to Soo Yoon made me feel better. At least I know I am not alone and that she would support me through these hard times. After the camp ended, I returned home and stayed home all day. There was no school as it was the holidays. I lazed around all day and had no motivation to do anything. The negative thoughts were still bothering me at the back of my mind and I would frequently coop myself in the room and cry. However, Soo Yoon would make the effort to text me and check if I was fine. My phone vibrated and I thought it was Soo Yoon again. However, to my surprise, it was Sung Yeol.

To: Hae Yon

Hey, I heard you were feeling down. Are you feeling better?

To: Sung Yeol

Soo Yoon unnie told you?

To: Hae Yon

Err, yea. But don’t blame her. She only told me because I forced her to. I was worried.

Looking at the word ‘worried’, I didn’t know why the feeling of betrayal and anger vanished. Somehow, I felt a little happy just by looking at his text. I replied him and received his reply almost instantaneously. Like that, our messages went back and forth. During the holidays, he would call me up at times to talk to me. Whenever I felt really depressed, I would either call Soo Yoon or Sung Yeol to talk to them. I regarded them as my best friends then.

I was slowly feeling better although I would still cry at times to release those suppressed emotions. In my room, I would hug the dolphin stuffed toy which I secretly named as ‘Sung Yeol’ some time later. I knew better that I already treated him more than a ‘best friend’. He was a nice, caring and gentle guy who walked in and held my hand during my darkest times together with Soo Yoon. I wasn’t surprised that I fell for him instead of the cold and unmoved Myung Soo.

Every day he would send me a ‘Good morning’ message to check up on me and it would warm my heart without fail. Messaging him made me smile and brighten my mood. Days passed and the holiday was eventually over. Returning to school, I was in a brighter mood than before. Walking with my classmates, I spotted Sung Yeol walking with his friends. I looked away, thinking he would probably pretend not to see me since he was with his guy friends.

“Hello!” He greeted with his sunshine smile.

I waved back in a flustered manner before smiling shyly back. I swore my heart did a flip-flop at his unexpected greeting. I knew he would seldom wave to junior from the same club during school hours so I totally didn’t expect him to do that to me. His actions made me feel special and I was really happy.

After school…

I went for club activities and was sitting on the floor together with the other juniors. We were cutting papers to make seasonal decorations. Then, Sung Yeol approached us to see how we were progressing. He squatted beside me and I felt his knee touch my thigh. I froze in my position and swallowed a ball of saliva down my throat. At that moment, I felt my heart stopped beating for a second until he left us.

“Why is he so comfortable with me?” I thought to myself as I felt my face heating up.

I was on my way home in the bus when my phone vibrated.

To: Hae Yon

Have you reached home?

To: Sung Yeol

Not yet. On the bus now…

To: Hae Yon

I see. Take care while going home. It’s late.

To: Sung Yeol

Alright. Eh, did you watch the trailer of ‘Night at the museum’ ?

To: Hae Yon

Yea. It looks nice!

To:Sung Yeol

Do you… want to watch together? Me, you and Soo Yoon unnie!

I gripped onto my phone nervously, awaiting his reply. It was my first time asking a guy out and I was afraid.

To: Hae Yon

I am fine with the idea. This Saturday?

To:Sung Yeol

Okay! I will text Soo Yoon unnie now ~ I’m looking forward to the movie.

To: Hae Yon

Me too.

I didn’t want to look too desperate to message him so I stopped replying. I was squealing like a fan girl as I threw myself onto bed and thrashed about crazily.

“Saturday, come quickly!” I thought with an excited smile.

To: Soo Yoon

Let’s go on a movie outing on Saturday, together with Sung Yeol oppa.

To: Hae Yon

Huh?! But I don’t want to be the gooseberry there on that day…

To:Soo Yoon

Unnie!!! What are you saying?

To:Hae Yon

Come on~ I know you too well. It’s obvious that you like him. Hehe… Alright, don’t be nervous. I won’t say anything to him unless… you want me to.^^

To: Soo Yoon

Don’t! Don’t say anything! Please Please.

To: Hae Yon

Arraso. I won’t say anything. See you on Saturday then, my darling!

To:Soo Yoon

See you too.

The week passed by in a relatively quick manner with all the lessons, assignments and club activities. Soon, it was Saturday. I was feeling really nervous since Friday night. I have practically thrown out all my clothes in my cabinet and was feeling really frustrated. I have not many clothes and they were mainly plain T-shirts and casual shorts. Desperate, I took out my only pair of jeans and a top which was lying in my cabinet since forever.

I wore a singlet inside and a baggy shirt with a shiny star imprinted on the outside. Putting on my jeans and letting down my hair, I grabbed my sling bag and left home. I felt proud when I told my mum I was going out on a movie date. After all, this was my first time going out with a guy. Even though Soo Yoon was tagging along, I still told myself that it was a movie date, with Sung Yeol.

Reaching the subway platform, I sat down and waited for them. I reached way too early because I was nervous. A few minutes later, Soo Yoon reached too. She wore a simple tank top and denim shorts which showed off her figure. I gulped down my saliva and felt inferior instantly. It was obvious she dressed casually and immediately outshone me who ‘dressed up’. I shook the inferior negative thought out of my mind, not wanting to affect my mood for the date.

“Sung Yeol says he will be slightly late.” Soo Yoon said.

“I see.” I replied, nodding.

Somehow, I felt funny inside knowing he texted Soo Yoon instead of me.

“Yah! Kim Hae Yon, stop acting like you are jealous! They are just best friends!” I scolded myself mentally.

“I am sorry for being late.” Sung Yeol said sheepishly as he exited the train.

“It’s alright.” I reassured with a smile.

“You are so not forgiven.” Soo Yoon said.

“Aww~ Come on!!!” Sung Yeol whined causing Soo Yoon to laugh out loud.

I laughed slightly but actually felt sour inside. The same feeling just now had struck me again and I had to inhale deeply to rid the feeling which was dominating my mind. After reaching our destination, we bought the tickets and entered the already dimmed movie theatre. Sung Yeol was sitting on the extreme end and Soo Yoon pushed me to sit beside him. I ended up sitting between the two of them.

“Soo Yoon, lend me your jacket.” Sung Yeol whispered.

Soo Yoon rolled her eyes and threw her jacket to Sung Yeol. I sat in the middle awkwardly and pretended to be watching the show, not affected by their exchange. Halfway through the movie, Soo Yoon nudged me.

“Hae Yon-ah, you brought your jacket, right? Can you lend me yours? I am starting to feel cold.” She said with a shy smile.

“Ah, y-yea.” I replied as I dug into my bag and passed her my jacket.

Some time later, I began to feel cold too. The cool air blowing from above was freezing. My hairs were standing on its ends and goosebumps were beginning to form on my arms. I rubbed my hands together, trying to get some warmth.

“I need my jacket but it will be weird to get it back from Soo Yoon unnie when I just lent it to her.” I thought and tried to focus on the show and forget the coldness.

“Soo Yoon, here. Your jacket. Return Hae Yon hers? I think she’s cold… right?” Sung Yeol said as he flashed me a warm smile.

I felt my heart warm at his words.

“He noticed. He noticed that I was cold!” I squealed in my mind.

Wearing my jacket back on, I felt my cheeks heat up. Thankfully, the environment was dark or else they would have probably seen me blushing. I swore my heart was beating abnormally fast then. After the show, although we were talking about how funny the show was but my mind was still replaying the scene when Sung Yeol asked Soo Yoon unnie to return my jacket. It was such a simple yet sweet gesture.

After the movie, Soo Yoon and I went the same way as we lived around the same district which was different from Sung Yeol. On our way back, I couldn’t help but finally ask the question which was bothering me all the time.

“Unnie, you seem to be super close to Sung Yeol.” I blurted out.

“Ah. We have known each other for many years.” She said simply.

“Ah, I see.” I nodded in understanding.

“Umm… Sung yeol seems to treat you exceptionally nicely.” I pointed out.

She pondered over my words and turned to me. Soo Yoon unnie eyed me suspiciously and smiled cheekily.

“Are you by any chance suspecting that Sung Yeol likes me?” she said in a straightforward manner.

I nodded slightly in embarrassment and looked away.

“Pabo. I have a boyfriend and Sung Yeol knows. We are just good friends and it is practically impossible for us to get together.” Soo Yoon said as she knocked my forehead lightly.

I smiled in relief and at the moment, I felt the heavy stone which was on my chest all this time fall.

“Ah, I see.” I said shyly.

“Hae Yon-ah, I think maybe Sung Yeol likes you too, you know.” Soo Yoon said with an encouraging smile.

“Really?!” I exclaimed excitedly.

She nodded and her confirmation practically made fireworks explode in my heart.

“I can help you ask him, you know.” She said with a grin.

“NO! PLEASE~ DON’T ASK HIM!!!” I clutched onto Soo Yoon’s arm and pleaded.

“Fine, fine.” She said.

“You sure you won’t ask him? Promise?”  I questioned in an unconvinced manner.

“You are such a naggy girl~” She sung and walked away.

I laid in bed with my fingers wrapped around my mobile phone.

“Even Soo Yoon unnie thinks Sung Yeol likes me… And he really treats me nicer than the other female juniors. Maybe…” I thought to myself.

Sitting up from bed, I finally made a decision.

“Maybe I should.” I muttered as I started typing him a message.

After several edits, I finally sent out the text. I stared at the phone screen and checked for message notifications every few seconds but there was still no reply from Sung Yeol. I opened my sent message and read it, trying to see if it was too fake.

To: Sung Yeol

I think I don’t like Myung Soo already.

I didn’t have the courage to send ‘I like you’ to him so instead I hinted to him that Myung Soo was already my past tense and I hoped Sung Yeol who was my present tense would be my future tense.

Clutching onto my phone, I waited and waited. Like an idiot, I kept repeating the cycle of checking my phone, putting back my phone and checking my phone again. I must have been blinded then. Blinded by love or rather one-sided love. Naively, I thought the feeling was mutual. I hugged my phone to sleep till the next morning. Waking up the next morning, I was greeted with no messages. I felt my heart drop as I sulked.

To: Sung Yeol

Oh my gosh! . That message wasn’t meant for you. I sent wrongly. ><

I thought it sounded really fake but I had to do that. I didn’t want him to know that I sent it deliberately. That was the most stupid thing I ever did and I told myself that I would never do something like that ever again. Like the previous message, I received no reply. I questioned myself then.

Did he actually see my message? Could it be he conveniently ignored it? Or did he not receive it?

The answer was clear.

However, I deluded myself into believing the least likely one which is he did not receive. Yes, I was naïve. The following day, I returned to school and there was club activity in the noon. I was really looking forward to club activities because I knew I could see Sung Yeol. While walking to my classroom, I spotted him walked in my direction so I raised my hand slightly, ready to wave to him. However, he simply turned round the corner as if I was not there all along. I awkwardly placed my hand back down to my side and hurried off.

“It must be that he didn’t see me…” I convinced myself.

Later on during club activities, Sung Yeol did not talk to me as much as before. Instead, he kept engaging small talks with Soo Yeon or the other members. I wondered if he knew something which was making him ignore me. That day, I was sad. When I got home, I had matters regarding the club activities so I had to contact Sung Yeol who was the in-charge. I could have jolly well settled it over messaging but I decided to call him up.

“Yoboseyo?” he answered the call.

“Hello. I am Hae Yon. Sorry to disturb. With regards to the club matters…” I said everything relevant and got advice from him.

“Thanks, Sung Yeol.” I said politely.

“No problem.” He answered before hanging up.

I touched my racing heart after hanging up and blushed slightly. Continuing with the planning, I was met with yet another problem. I dialed his number again and placed the receiver to my ear.

“*Sigh* Hello?” I heard him say.

I was certain I heard him sigh and at that instant, I froze.

“Was he finding me annoying for calling him up so many times?” I thought.

“Hae Yon? What’s up now?” he said in a flat tone.

“A-Ah. I am really really sorry to call you up again. I met with another problem…” I stuttered a little and tried to sound normal.

Hanging up, I was actually extremely affected by his short replies and flat tone used during the conversation.

“He sighed before picking up my call…He gave really short answers… He found me irritating...” I thought to myself as I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

My crush thought that I was annoying.

The next day…

I handed the proposal which I drafted up yesterday to Sung Yeol. He smiled brightly and took it over. It seemed like he was in a good mood today.

“He is all moody yesterday and all jolly today. I really can’t predict his emotions. One moment he is hot and the other moment he is cold. He makes my emotions go on a roller coaster and I don’t know when my heart will get lifted or thrown down …” I thought sadly to myself as he scanned my proposal.

“It’s good. Just that you need some amendments here in these areas.” He pointed out to me as he stepped closer and pointed to my mistakes.

I felt my blood freeze in my veins at the close proximity so I just stood rooted to the ground. Nothing was going to my head as he highlighted the things I should make changes to. It was only when he passed the papers back to me which pulled me back to reality.

“O-Okay, I will edit and send you through email as soon as possible.” I informed.

“No worries. Oh, anyway! Let’s play a…a game~” He said with a happy smile.

I looked up at him with a confused look.

“I will mouth some words and you will guess what I am trying to say, alright?” he instructed.

I nodded my head and stared at his lips. His lips moved and I gasped when I figured out his words.

“So you got what I was trying to say?” he asked with a smirk.

I anxiously shook my head as I felt my heart accelerate.

“Did he just mouth ‘I love you’ to me?!” I screamed in my mind as I played with my fingers nervously.

“Hahahahaha~” He laughed as he clutched his stomach.

I looked at him, bewildered.

“Wh-What’s the matter?” I asked.

“You also thought it was ‘I love you’?” he said, wiping off tears from the sides of his eyes because he laughed too hard.

I looked to him in a confused manner.

“Look closely again… Colourful. I love you.” He repeated slowly. The mouthing of the two words were so similar that one couldn’t’ differentiate at a glance.

“Isn’t it cool?” he exclaimed excitedly.

I nodded my head slightly as I forced a small smile on my disappointed face.

“You should try it to others too. It is so fun! Especially when you see their epic reactions like yours just now, it’s super hilarious! Oh. Oh. . I got to go… I forgot Myung Soo was meeting me. Remember to send me the proposal over the weekend through email, okay?” he reminded.

I nodded my head and he left. I was left standing there, still stood rooted to the ground. I had not moved a single inch but my heart did. A minute ago, I felt my heart being lifted to the skies and now, the next moment it was thrown down to the floor again. It hurts so much knowing all that he meant was a joke when I took it so seriously.  

“Kim Hae Yon, Lee Sung Yeol doesn’t like you.”

“But he waves to me and not to the others. How do you explain the sweet gesture at the cinemas then? He gets comfortable with me and doesn’t even mind body contact! He talks to me a lot and…”

“All this time, he was just giving you false hopes. Wake up, girl!”

“Shut up! That’s not true!”

I was debating with myself inside my head as I screamed into the pillow in frustration. Then, my phone vibrated. I picked it up and realized it was Sung Jong. He was my junior from the club and we were on relatively good terms. He was an easy-to-talk-to guy and since he messaged me from time to time I would just continue the conversation.

To:Hae Yon

That bastard is flirting with my girlfriend. Freaking bastard.

To: Sung Jong

Who has such guts to mess with our Sung Jong’s pretty girlfriend, Jihyun?

To: Hae Yon

Our stupid senior Lee Sung Yeol! Gah. He wrote a super long letter to her when he gave out welcome letters to us. The girls have longer messages, especially Jihyun’s. He is biased and flirtatious! I am scared because Jihyun seems to like him a lot and she kept saying in an annoyed manner that I am being over sensitive!

I looked at Sung Jong’s message and felt my heart getting squeezed knowing he treated the female juniors so warmly.

“See. I told you that he is not treating you specially. You are just another of the ignorant girls whom he is trying to charm.” My inner mind reminded as a tear slipped out of my eyes.

To: Sung Jong

That’s really biased of him! He should have written equal length for both guys and girls… Anyway, don’t think too much. I think Jihyun is just being nice because Sung Yeol is a nice senior. Don’t worry.

To: Hae Yon

Alright. I feel better talking to you. It’s great to have you as my noona!

“I feel worse talking to you, sung jong-ah.” I thought to myself as I threw my phone to the other side of my bed.

Few weeks later…

“You are not walking home with Jihyun?” I asked Sung Jong when I met him at the gates walking alone.

“She broke up with me.” He said in a calm tone.

My mouth formed an ‘O’ shape at the sudden news.

“She is with Sung Yeol already.” He continued.

At that instant, my jaw dropped. At the same time, I felt my heart fell to the ground again but this time it shattered into pieces.

“Sung Yeol got together with Jihyun. Sung Yeol got together with Jihyun. Sung Yeol got together with Jihyun.” I repeated the sentence over and over again in my mind on my way home.

Once I reached home, I ran into my room and closed the door behind me. Before I knew it, tears began building up and started falling from my eyes.

“Everything is over.” I mumbled as I threw the dolphin which was lying below my blanket on the floor.

“All you gave me was false hopes! False Hopes!” I screamed to ‘Sung Yeol’ which was lying on the ground.

To:Soo Yoon

Sung Yeol is dating with Jihyun, do you know?

To: Hae Yon

Errr, I heard about it. Who did you hear it from?

To: Soo Yoon

Guess it’s true then. Don’t worry. I am fine. I don’t like him anymore.

To: Hae Yon

Talk to me if you need someone to talk to…

I slipped my phone under my pillow and started crying again.

“Yea. Right. I don’t like him anymore.” I thought sarcastically to myself.

While I was hallucinating all this time that he liked me, he was in the process of getting together with Jihyun. I was that stupid idiot who was waiting for him to confess his ‘mutual’ feelings for me. He saw me as nothing more than a depressed, weak and naïve junior. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A few weeks passed after they got together. The news got out of the bag somehow and Sung Yeol made it official that they were dating. Every day, he would wait for her sweetly after school to go home together. In the club, I would make myself busy with the club matters and pretend that the couple was invisible. The pain he inflicted on me was getting milder and milder. He couldn’t be much bothered by me anymore after he got a new girlfriend.

“Once again, welcome to the annual camp night walk ~” My batch mate announced dramatically.

The juniors sitting before us looked up and shivered slightly as the stories were told. I smiled amusedly and left the room to patrol the area. I was the in-charge for the night walk so I was supposed to walk about by myself. At first I was reluctant because I was scared but I had no choice because we had lack of manpower.

I inhaled deeply as I walked around the dark environment of the school to the next station. Then, I bumped into someone when I turned around the corner. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

“Sorry.” I apologized as I stumbled back a little.

“Hae Yon?” A familiar voice called out.

“Sung Yeol, it’s you.” I stated as I looked up at him.

“You are walking alone as the IC right? Soo Yoon told me to find you and walk with you…” He explained.

“Errr, actually it’s alright. I can walk by myself. You should go back and help the others.” I refused.

“Come on. Let’s just walk together. You know, it’s dangerous for a girl like you to walk in the dark alone.” He said.

“Nothing would happen to a girl like me. Really. You can leave me alone.” I persisted.

“I insist.” He said firmly.

“But I want to go alone.” I continued.

“I don’t want the feelings I finally thrown away to return.” I thought to myself.

“Let’s just go.” Sung Yeol pushed me along the way.

I walked beside him awkwardly, keeping a considerable distance and looked about. I didn’t know what to say and there was still weird silence between us.

“Hey. Someone is coming our way. Let’s hide and scare the hell outta them!” He suggested as he ran behind the bushes.

“Faster!” He signaled to me.

I hurriedly squatted beside him and shifted a little closer to take good cover. In the dead silence of the night, the two of us squatted behind the bushes and I could faintly hear my beating heart. My heart pumped faster but I knew it was not beating as fast as before.

“Lee Sung Yeol, I guess I am slowly getting over you…” I thought as I looked away from him.

The pair of juniors who were walking slowly and warily appeared.

“AAAHHHHHH~!” I screamed in a high pitched voice to scare the pair who passed by us.

“AAAAHHHHHH~!” They screamed too, even louder than us.

I laughed at their reactions and felt better after screaming out loud. After that night, days passed. Day by day, I was slowly forgetting Sung Yeol and getting over him. It was finally up to till one day when I saw him and Jihyun hold hands before me that I do not feel anything anymore. Only then that I realized I was completely over him. I was over my most memorable, deepest and painful crush.

“Lee Sung Yeol, I liked you.” I thought to myself as I saw them walk off hand in hand.

 

Author's Note:
This is a terribly long continuation to my first part.
I hoped you enjoyed reading and would leave me a commet.

I had a hard time writing this and it brought back memories and negative feelings...
It's getting really late so I am going off to bed already.
Please comment/subscribe! <3