Only for one hour

One Hour

It felt like a second. Before this, I was in front of my computer screen and now… I’m staring into the mirror… of a dance studio. I smiled and touched my face. It worked. My blonde locks were sweaty and clumping on my forehead, and my body felt so exhausted. I’m guessing Beast had just finished their dance practise huh. Too bad I missed it.

 

I looked around and saw a scrawny guy wearing a purple singlet sitting by the corner. He was mumbling some incoherent words to another guy with red hair. They all looked sweaty… really sweaty. And the smell… oh my gosh, I can’t take it… then I realized, it’s actually coming from somewhere closer than I thought. It was me. I smelled my armpit and oh man, pheeyoooh does it stink! I better take a bath after this. Then I froze. Wait, a bath? In Yoseob’s body? NO WAY…

 

“*^$&*&(&*%#$%^(Hey buddy, you okay?)”

 

Someone came over and put his arm around me. Agh… I bent my back a little. His arm was sort of heavy on my delicate shoulders. I think when I switched bodies with Yoseob, I kind of brought my weak strength with me too. And… oh my effin’ gosh, what the hell? It’s YOON DOO JOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grinned widely. Oh wow… he looks better in real life…

 

“&%O*()*(^$%(How come you’re so happy ehhh?)”

 

I stared at him with wide eyes. HOLY SH*T. I couldn’t understand a word he said! I must have brought my non-existent Korean knowledge with me here too! DAMN!

 

“Eh… wassup hyung!” I tried to say something Yoseob would say. Would he say that? AH. It sounds so weird coming out of Yoseob’s throat. It’s not my voice and I can’t speak Korean for nuts no matter how much I’m in love with Korean guys. I only know common words like—hyung, noona, dongsaeng, babo, mianhe, anyoung, kamsahamnida…and that’s all.

 

“^$^&*(*%#$^%(You’re acting weird…)”

 

There he goes again with all the gibberish words! Why can’t I recognize any of it? They sound so weird coming from real life, rather than on youtube! GAHHHHH…. Then I realized the smell again… it was different but still it stank! And it was coming from Doojoon…

 

“Umm…”

 

“All right break’s over. Let’s continue practice!” The dance instructor came in. Then I remembered he could speak English, hell, he’s from America! Finally, something non-foreign. But then again, I could be wrong. I suddenly realized not only can I not speak Korean for nuts, I can’t even dance to save my off. All right maybe when in the club yeah but a choreography? I’m dead. Totally dead. What have I gotten myself into? I shook my head. So much for being in Yoseob’s body.

 

“*(%^&*(()&*%^&%^((Watch it!)” Junhyung cursed me or I think he cursed me when I bumped into him. Man, I look like an idiot! Even worse than Dongwoon who’s supposedly a worse dancer than Yoseob is. Oh great… I thought I was in love with Junhyung and wanted to hug him but by the evil looks he keeps giving me… I just feel like running away and hide my face.

 

“Junhyung…” I sighed as we tried dancing, well as ‘I’ tried dancing. Everyone else was getting the hang of it so fast and I’m still stuck at the first step. After almost an hour of dancing, everyone stopped and panted heavily, especially me.

 

“Hey, you okay man? If you’re not feeling well, you don’t have to come for training, you know,” the dance instructor came over and patted my back. He gave another time-out and Junhyung glared at me. I don’t know whether he was worried or he was just angry at me for disrupting practise… No, no, no… I almost cried. It’s so embarrassing. He’s like my favourite member.

 

I took this chance and grabbed the dance instructor’s arm and whispered so that no one else but him could hear me, “I need help.”

 

He looked appalled and signaled for Doojoon to come over. He then patted my back and went somewhere else again. No, no, no! This can’t be happening! I grabbed my face and almost screamed. Doojoon then came over with concern written all over his face. He’s such a great leader but… AH! How am I suppose to tell him anything when we can’t even communicate… and he doesn’t even know that we can’t communicate.

 

Then I looked at Junhyung again and pulled my hair. This is so frustrating. Now everyone’s gonna blame Yoseob for messing up the choreography, when it’s me who did it. I felt like dying. But oh thank God, it’s just practice. If it was a real performance, I think I’d really just die there.

 

“Yah Yoseob &%*()()^$^&**)*(*(&% (Are you sure you’re all right?)” Doojoon asked worriedly.

 

I couldn’t understand him, so I shook my head and tears swelled up in my eyes. I tried back the tears because I can’t let them see me like this. They’ll think I’m a wimp and that’ll ruin Yoseob’s reputation here even more. I looked at Hyunseung with his scarf and found myself slowly laughing. He looked really funny with it.

 

Doojoon placed his strong arm around my shoulders again to comfort me and laughed. I slumped down a little because my shoulders were heavy again.

 

“&%%^&*(()_()((*)%%#$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%## (Okay, I gotta go to the restroom, just tell me anything if you need any help all right?)”

 

I sighed. I still have no idea what he’s saying but he just patted my back and left the studio. Oh great. Just great. My plan was just to get into Yoseob’s body and kiss/hug the rest of the Beast boys because it’ll be easier if I was Yoseob. I looked at Junhyung again… it’ll never happen.

 

I wondered if an hour has already passed and I’m still not having as much fun as I thought I would with them.

 

“Yah Yoseob!”

 

I heard a deep voice shouting out for Yoseob. What now…

 

“Yeah?”

 

My hands quickly shut my big mouth. I turned around and saw a few sweaty guys sitting on the floor and drinking water. I winced at the stench coming from them. But I quickly recovered and realized the rest of the Beast boys were calling out for me! Well, for Yoseob, but ah what the heck, it’s still me.

 

I sat down with them, all bright and smiley. My heart was pumping so fast. I mean, I just couldn’t think anymore. It’s like… is this for real? I clenched my fist and bit my lip. I was so nervous…it’s just too much to handle. Back on the dance floor, all I could think of was how I was ruining everybody’s mood in dancing… but now… Now it’s different. They’re actually welcoming me.

 

“^%^()_(%%#$#$^&^*(&#&R%^&*(&$#&*&((*%& (How come you’re so weird just now? A few hours ago, you were okay…)”

 

The same deep voice talked to me and from what I could remember about Beast, this person must be Dongwoon. It’s a little hard to recognize them without their stage clothes and make up on… plus when not on TV or youtube. I only remembered their raw faces by the B2ST documentary and it helped a bit. But still… I have no idea what he’s saying. I figured I should just keep on smiling and nod at everything.

 

“%*&($#%&*(( (what’s up with him?)” Junhyung whispered something in Hyunseung’s ears and then looked back at me with a piercing stare. . Did I do something to upset him again? No, no, no… I pressed my lips together and looked down. Not again.

 

#^&&*$#@(*$^$%^* (Let me check your temperature.)”

 

Again I have no idea what Junhyung’s saying but suddenly he came over and put the back of his palm on my forehead. AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heaven at last! But my whole body became stunned and I couldn’t move. It happened so fast, then he shook his head and went back to his seat.

 

Right… weird.

 

“$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%##$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%##$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%##v!”

 

“$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%##$$%^*(&*!”

 

“$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%##$$%^*(&*)*()#@$%^^&63@$%^^#^&*((%#%^%##”

 

The more they talked, the more natural it seemed. Doojoon had come back from the rest room and joined in the conversation. The only member missing now was Kikwang. No idea where he was though. I felt like I knew a gist of what they were saying but man, it’s so tiring to listen to them all the time. I just wanted to hug them or something. Then again… they’re sweaty. But ah what the heck, they’re BEAST. It’s okay if they’re sweaty…sort of.

 

Suddenly, I could feel like it’s nearing the time when I’m supposed to go back to my own body. Oh I hope I’m right when I suddenly found myself talking to them, “I know you won’t really understand me but whatever all right. Dongwoon, you’re undeniably good-looking and I just wanna do this,” I gave Dongwoon a hug and unexpectedly he hugged back, “Hyunseung, I remember seeing you as SO-1 in Big Bang documentary and I’ve wondered where you’d gone and now I’ve found you,” I hug him and he too hugged back. “ Junhyung, you’re so awesome,” I kissed his cheek and hugged him. He made a weird face but luckily he too hugged back, “and you,” I stared at Doojoon and then smiled, “Just keep on being the mighty fine Beast leader that you are,” I hugged him as tightly as I could and closed my eyes.

 

I opened them again and found myself staring at the computer screen.

 

“You’ve been sleeping with your mouth open! HAHA!” My brother pointed at me and continued on watching the TV.

 

I sighed. If that was a dream, it was one hell of an awesome dream then.