first meeting

ending....

      " Baek-hyun, pay attention" The teacher warn, since I was staring outside not listening to the lesson. 

      " sorry" I apologize

Few minutes passed by I found myself staring out the window again. I remember few months ago, whenever I look outside I would see a girl with long, straight, black hair plays basketball with her friends. She is my neighbor, but I rarely see her anymore. My mom said she quit school because she is very sick. The after school bell ring so I grab my bag and walk home. I walk pass her house, I stop walking. I have never seen her face, I came to her house many times with my parents, but, she never come out from her room. I signed and enter my house, right next to hers.

      " I'm home" I greet my mom whom have her back turn to me

      " Baek-hyun go change today is Mrs. Kim daughter birthday and they invited us to come over" my mom said without turning. 

      " the older one?" I ask excitedly while putting my bag on the table

      " No the younger one" My mom answer

      " Oh okay" I try to not show my disappointment. Even though I might not see her, but I will still dress my best. I put on my favorite outfit. 

My mom knock on Mrs. Kim door, we wait for someone to open the door. My mom didn't want to ring the door bell again because she think it's rude.

      " I'm sorry, I was in the kitchen" A girl with long. straight, black hair answer the door.

My mouth drop open, she is so beautiful. I couldn't hear anything or seen anything else. All I see is her standing there, I can hear my own heart beating so fast. She looks at me and smile, I couldn't be any happier than this. 

      " Baek-hyun It's rude to stare" My mom voice bring me back to reality

      " come in" The girl smile gently and invite us in, my mom go in first and I follow behind her

      " Thank you Minji how are you feeling?" My mom ask the girl. I feel my heart beats fast again 'so her name is Minji' it thought to my phone

      " I'm fine, please have a seat I have to get back to the kitchen to help my mom" Minji bow and run into the kitchen. Mrs. Kim come out of the kitchen and give my mom a hug.

      " Hi Baek-hyun did you got taller?" Mrs. Kim also give me a small hug. 

Mrs. Kim and my mom starts to talk about life, which bored me to death. I just sit there and look around try to entertain myself. I found myself thingy about Minji, she cooking right now 'does that mean that i get to eat the food that she cooks?' I blushed.

      " Mommy the pot is heavy" Minji calls from the kitchen.

      " I will be right back" Mrs. Kim said

      " Mrs. Kim let Beak-hyun carry it, he's a young boy he have more strength then us" My mom stop Mrs. Kim from standing up

      " O..okay" I run to the kitchen, Minji have her back turn to me

      " Mom, Is that Mrs.Byun son?" She ask then turn expected to see her mom.

      " I come to help" I explain. 'why did she ask about me?' 

      " Um..." her face is turning red " The pot over there" she shyly point to the big put on the right side of the kitchen.

I walk over to the pot. I lift it up, I was not that heavy, but I guess it's heavy for girls. Minji turn back to the stove. She doesn't look like she sick at all, I mean why did she have to quit school? I don't get it. After I put the pot where she want it, I walk out to sit next to my mom again. The younger sister finally came home from her school event. Minji lighted up the candle and go put the lighter back in the kitchen.

      " Happy birthday dear ____, happy birthday to you" Everyone clap as ____ blow out the candle. I look around, Minji haven't come back since she went to put the lighter back. I quietly walk into the kitchen, the light is off, i was about to go back to the living room, but something caught my eyes. I step closer to the sink, there blood stain on the sink and on the floor, i run closer and take a look behind the counter to find Minji sitting on the floor. Her hands are cover with blood. 

      " Minji can you hear me? are you okay?" I rush to her side 

      " shush" Minji weakly put her hand on my mouth " don't be too loud" 

      " Stay here I will call your mom" I turn but she grab me back not letting me go

      " No stay please don't tell my mom. They are having fun right now I don't want to ruin it" 

      " But then you are...." I can't find a word to describe what i want to say

      " I will feel better after few minutes, i already took my medicine" 

      " Are you sure?" I ask to confirm 

      " Yeah, I'm sorry to ask this, but can you please help me clean the blood up? I don't want my mom to freak out when she come to get the dessert" 

      " Okay" I grab a towel and wipe all the blood on the sink and the floor. I keep my eyes on her to make sure that she is still alive

      " there it's all clean" I sit back down next to her

      " Thank you" she give me a weak smile. we sit there in silence, I would look at her sometime to see if she get any better. She just close her eyes and sit there without moving. I look at her hand, which still bloody. I stood up grab a paper towel and wet it a little. I carefully wipe her hand, she flinch and open her eyes. She look straight at me with an expression that i can not read pain, afraid, cautious, scared, I don't know what she is thinking.

      " Minji where are you?" Mrs.Kim asks i can hear her footstep, it coming toward us. I quickly stand up and walk to her

      " Hi Mrs.Kim may I ask where is the restroom?" I ask randomly hope it can distract her from finding Minji 

      " Go that way and turn left" Mrs.Kim shortly answer and continue going toward the kitchen

      " So I turn left right there? And it going to be the first room or the second room?" I pretend to act confuse

      " yes dear it's the only room there, have you seen Minji?" Mrs.Kim ask with a concern look

      " Um.... I " I didn't know what to say

      " Mom you're looking for me?" Minji walk up next to me. I look at her face, it looks normal. She look same as when she opened the door 

      " Where have you been?" Mrs. Kim scan Minji from head to toe

      " I was in the kitchen getting the dessert" Minji calmly answer. 

      " Let not worry about that and go join us in the living room" Mrs. Kim pull both of us to the living room. The adults talk to each other, while Minji and I just sit there. We ate dessert that was really delicious

      " Everyone please enjoy the dessert my Minji made it herself" Mrs.Kim announce

      " really?" I blurt out, Minji shyly look down blushing. Wow it taste really good  " can i have another one?" I ask

      " sure" Minji answer. I walk with her to the kitchen with my empty plate. She open the fridge and get the cake out. She carefully cut the cake, I didn't know what to say or how to start a conversation. It's the first time i feel like this. I'm pretty popular with girls, I never have hard time talking to girls before. 

      " Here your plate" Minji turn to give me the plate. I reach out and garb the plate accidently touch her hand, since the plate is small. I thought i felt an electric shock right when i touch her. Minji pull away quickly, and we both quietly walk back to the living room.

      " Baek-hyun we're leaving bye Minji it was nice seeing you" My mom hug Minji

      " Minji please walk Mrs.Byun out" Mrs.Kim told Minji

I bow to Mrs. Kim and follow my mom to the door. My mom said bye to Minji again and walk away. I'm still trying to put my shoe on. I have to tie it so then I won't fall. 

I signed and stand up planning to run after my mom.

       " wait" Minji call, I turn " Thank you for today, I mean thank you for helping me carry the pot. Thank you for helping clean and not tell my mom" 

       " No problem" I smile, walking backward. Suddenly I almost trip on a rock, but manage to not fall

       " Thank you Beak-hyun" Minji laugh before walking back inside

I froze. She look so beautiful when she smile. Her smile replay in my head. My heart beats so fast, I forgot to breathe. I love the sound of my name when she said it. It sound like music and i want to hear it again. Gosh I don't think I will get any sleep tonight. Today is really my lucky day, I hope I can see her again soon.