Kick-off

Crash Into Me

 

High school is finally over!!! I'm so glad my friends and I got through 5 tough years in hell. Although, mixed emotions are dwelling on me now. I'm happy that I'd be able to have more freedom and fulfill my ulimate dream, which is to explore the world! I really want to see what's beyond Korea and find my own destiny because until now, I still don't have an idea what I want to be. I am sad because I won't get to be with my friends everyday anymore. My friends are the greatest people I've ever met. I can't imagine life without these people. They certaintly added a sense of fun in my high school life. That's why a part of me doesn't want to grow up just yet. I love being young, wild and free with them. A few weeks from now, we'll be on our own ways. Some of us like Yoona, Siwon, Dara, IU, Sooyoung and including myself, we'll be going abroad to pursue our own desires. And the rest will continue their life here to study in different colleges and universities around South Korea. 
 
I will surely miss all of them. I will never forget all the fun and hardships we've been through together. Joyful moments that always put a smile on my face everytime I remember it. Like when we made Kai believe that Yoona is a real princess from Japan and when Sooyoung did a "make-over" on IU, but she turned out looking like a clown. And tough times that will always prove how strong our frienship is. When we all contributed money to pay for Taecyeon's tuition fee when his dad got fired from his job and got really broke and when Siwon covered up and put his studet leader position on the pedestal for Nichkhun when he was caught drinking alchohol inside school so that he wouldn't lose his college scholarship. I will miss all the times when we just hang out, be ourselves and worry of nothing else but having fun. 
 
So, I planned a summer get-away for all of us. I thought of this weeks before graduation. I will rent a yacht for a week and go this beach we've all been wanting to go. I'd pay for it with the ticket money my dad lend me. This fall I am supposed to go to Spain, Italy and Brazil. But I decided that I could just set aside Brazil and go around Europe first. Brazil could wait but a summer like this with my friends won't ever happen again. Thank god the yacht that I found was not that expensive. So I still have money for our food and other needs. 
 
Right after graduation I sent all of them a text asking them to pack up their bags and go to the pier this afternoon. I didn't tell them where we are going 'cause I want to surprise them. I just hope they'd bring the right kind of clothes. But among all of them, only Taecyeon, Sooyoung, Nichkhun, IU and Kai RSVP'ed and said that they will come. Maybe the others are still celebrating with their families or busy doing something else. This is what I am most afraid of. Losing touch with them. I don't want us to be too busy to even answer a call or reply to a text. But I worry most about my best and closest friend, Siwon. He haven't even left yet, yet our friendship's getting colder already. I understand that he has his own rendevouz now. He is the heir of their business and fortune and he have loads of responsibilites to take. So he makes himself busy by studying really hard to keep up his straight-A status. And he when finally finds free time, he spends it Yoona. And soon, he and Yoona will fly to the U.S. to take their courses in Harvard University. So where do I come in? Right. Nowhere. Our frienship has no space in his life anymore. It's really hard take in, so I just try my best to make the most out of the time I have left with him. 
 
When I got to the pier, I was surprised to see Kai already waiting. "Hey kid. I didn't expect you to be so early." I said to him. Kai is years younger than all of us. We became friends with when he and Taecyeon got into detention together. Taec introduced him to us and we automatically liked him for his funny and silly antics. "I'm so excited, hyung! This is the first I'm going on a trip with friends! The Old Woman gave me a hard time getting permission though." Yes, he calls his mother The Old Woman. "That's good. I'm glad she let you because this trip is gonna be sooo fun!" I couldn't hide my excitement as well. Then suddenly, we heard a familiar voice, "Hey, Donghae-sshi! Kai! A little help here?". 
 
It was Sooyoung. Sporting a huge sunglasses and long beach dress and... she's carrying three huge bags. "Sooyoung-sshi. I forgot to tell you, we'll only be away for a week. You shouldn't have brought this much." I said while Kai and I helped her. Then she smacked me in the head and said, "Aish! You should have told me, moron! Well... a girl could never bring 'too many clothes' anyway. It's better this way than to be unprepared." Then she light a cigarette. She is just one of the smokers in the group. "Will it be just the three of us or the others are still coming?" she asked then puffed out smoke from . "Taec, Nichkhun and IU said they are coming. While the others didn't reply at all." I told her. 
 
After a few minutes, Nichkhun and Taecyeon arrived riding Nichkhun's worn out jeepney. "Looking good, Sooyoung-sshi!" Taec exclaimed. Then Sooyoung replied, "As always. But thanks. You don't look bad yourself wearing that... dirty looking shirt and jeans.". "Ha! Thanks, Cruella De Vil." Taec winked at her. Taec and Sooyoung has always been like this. Insulting each other at the same time you couldn't deny the flirting that's going on between them. "So, Donghae-sshi. Where exactly are we going huh? Don't tell me where going to that lame resthouse we went to last year?" Nichkhun said while unloading their bags from the jeep. For Nichkhun, there's nothing more important than having fun. "Is that how boring you think I am? Of course not. I'm taking you to a paradise." I gave them a big smile. "And that paradise is located at???" Kai asked me sheepishly. And just when I was about to reveal our destination, IU came. "Hey guys! Am I late?" IU is carrying one heavy-looking book in her hands. "What is that?! This is a summer trip, IU. Not a science competition." Sooyoung said. IU laughed shyly. "I know, I'm sorry. But I have to keep reviewing for my entrance exam on Shinhwa University. I heard that it's the toughest college entrance exam in the country." "Ugh. You're boring me already" Sooyoung talked again and I gave her a 'go easy on her' look. "It's fine, IU. You came and that's all that matters." I said.
 
 "Here comes Top and Hara. Hey, you two!" Taec called to them. Top parked his black Ducati right beside Taec's jeep. Top loves riding his motorcycle. He loves cruising around the city with Hara on his back. "Looks like we arrived just in time, baby. Good thing you drive fast" Hara told Top then gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey guys! Are we all set?" she asked. Hara is wearing a tank top and bottoms that look way too short. "Mmm. Just three more and we're ready to go." I answered. "Oh yeah. Where are the other lovebirds?" Hara asked again. "Probably busy making out!" Taec joked. "Sooyoung-sshi. Are Yoona and Siwon coming?" Nichkun asked. "No idea. I haven't talked to her since this morning." she answered. "I hope they do. It's more fun when we are complete." IU said. Then Top spoke, "Ya! Donghae. Mind telling me where we are going? You know I hate surprises." Top... always being the serious one. "Trust me, you won't hate this one." I smiled at him. "Woah! Hyung, your white hair looks silvery in the sunlight. Cool! I want to dye my hair just like that!" Kai said out of nowhere. "Don't you dare, kid. Or else I'll run you off with my bike." Top said. "Not before I steal it from you." Kai whispered but unfortunately Top heard him. "Ya! Nu jugolae?!" Then they all laughed. 
 
We waited for like half an hour. "Aish... where are they? Are you sure they're coming?" Top asked me. I'm not exactly sure. But I hope they do. "Ah. It's so hot." IU complained. "You want water?" Nichkhun handed her a bottle of water. And then a car honked. We all turned around and saw Siwon's silver Volvo. Then Yoona came out, "You thought that we aren't coming anymore did you?" she said all bubbly and smiley. No, you just made us wait under this heat, I thought. But I'm glad they decided to go. Then Siwon came out of the wearing his Rayban's on. "Siwon-hyung is so handsome. I'd go gay for him." Kai said silently to Taecyeon and Nichkhun then they both laughed. "Surprise!" Siwon said looking at me. He's just wearing a torn denim jeans and a basic white shirt. Only a man like Siwon would still look this cool wearing a simple get-up. "Glad you decided to come." I said to him. Then Yoona said, "Of course, Donghae-sshi. We would never miss this for the world. Even though Siwon and I are so busy with fixing our papers for Harvard. But this is gonna too much fun to miss out!" she said. "And we all just couldn't resist an invitation from the great Lee Donghae. Right guys?" Siwon said and they all laughed, including me. "Looks like everyone's here already. Are we ready to go?" Hara said excitedly. "No, Dara's not here yet." I said. Where are you Dara? "Oh yeah, where is she?" IU spoke up. "Let's call her then." Sooyoung said then dialed for Dara. "Hmm. She's not answering." Then Kai said, "Maybe Noona is busy trying to be the next Da Vinci again." "I think we better get going, before it gets too dark." Nichkhun suggested. "Think we should too. And I can't wait to know where Donghae's taking us." Top said then they all looked at me. I really wanted to wait for Dara but Taec's right. The sun is starting to go down and I have to claim the yacht already. "Alright, you guys. Follow me." 
 
I led them to yacth number 6, the one I rented. "Sorry if it's a bit small, guys. But this is the only one i can afford." I said apologetically. "What are you talking about, man? This is cool. I'm sure it can fit us all." Nichkhun said then put his hand on my shoulder. "Donghae-sshi. You should've told me that you were looking for a yacht. We could've borrow my dad's." Yoona said. Please quit being a princess, I said in my head. "This is alright, Fishy. Thanks for putting this all up." Siwon said. Fishy... no body has called me that in years. 
 
We got in one by one, just when the I was about to start the yacht. We heard someone screaming. "Ya! Ya! You guys! Wait for me!" It was Dara running as fast as she could. "Dara!" I couldn't hide my joy when I saw her. I'm glad she had made it. I'd really miss Dara if she didn't come. I always feel that there's something missing when Dara' not around. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, you guys. I just had to finish something before going here." she said trying to catch her breath. "No problem, Dara. We're glad you made." I said to her. "Yeah! Get it already, sweetie."  Sooyoung called up. When she came in, they all rejoiced. "Now, the gang's complete again!" Taec announced. "Woohoo!" they all exclaimed. 
 
So I started the engine and shouted, "Paradise, here we come!"