The Mishap

DANCING in the DARKNESS

01

The Mishap



 

Looking around the unfamiliar street, she could feel her heart beat going hard and fast.

She was in a predicament. The same predicament she had experienced over the past two weeks

She sighed.

It was the fifth time in the past three days.

She was resigned to the fact that she was lost.

...yet again.

'Ohmygod. This is just EPIC...'

'Great adventure... amazing escape...',  She had thought positively.

'who am I kidding.."

'this is just a big joke! a big joke on me!' She took in a deep breathe

'I'm really crazy!!!, And released her breathe

'​Biggest mistake... EVER!!!' , She shook her head.

'Now it's too late to back out', as she mumbled, "urrgghhh..." 

She brought her hands to her face and tried to slap herself both in frustration and determination to wake up from her current nightmare.

She shook her head, trying to forget the reason she was here, 'let me just wake up and find myself in my room...'

Closing her eyes, she thought, 'Stupid motto...'

As a far away echo seem to mock her “Love is like an accident. out of nowhere, BAM! Love is like that."  

and the stupid 'her' followed that love creed and here she was now.... Lost!

Sighing at herself sarcastically, 'Romance.  Adventurer?'

'Who am i kidding.'

'Stupid?', her inner self asked,

'Yes..', An echo answered

'INSANE?', She wanted to confirm

'DEFINITELY!'  the echo now shouted in affirmation

She laughed at herself.

She opened her eyes and looked at the heavens through her hands. The sky was still the endless blue. She directed her frustration to another person,  'Oh, why did I ever lay may eyes on you.

It was not her fault. Trully.

Her current bad luck state was all his fault.

'You're such a jinx!' She cursed him

'Without seeing you that many years ago, I would not be here.' she complained 

'Without my obsession for you I'd be so safe and rested.' She lamented

"Nothing is going the way I want it", She stated

She laughed again, more sarcasticaly, 'Oh, the heavens are certainly laughing at my predicament.'

It was yet another foiled up plan. Visiting tourist attraction spots were definitely not on the menu when God had lead her to a street full of tall walls, 'Urrgghhh, where am I? Again?'

She looked around at the very unfamiliar surroundings, She tried to decipher and scan for any familiar sight, 'Is this a sign?'

"Why, oh why?", she asked now.

She looked at the street sign, trying her best to read as much korean as she can but failed nonetheless, 'Hangeul... why are you so hard to understand?

'I  need to talk to someone. Urgggghhhhh, why is there no one on sight.'  she thought looking at the deserted street.

She continued walking and walking when suddenly she saw from across the street a little girl running after a little flurry puppy across the street.

She looked at the street and saw a truck fast approaching. She stood rooted like a tree. Seconds passed by like endless time.

'Oh my God'

And then panic set in. She screamed like crazy to get someone to notice a disaster that was waiting to happen, but no one was around.

"Someone..  Help.. Someone please", she screamed.

It was like straight ou from the movies, everything seemed to move in slow motion.

"The girl... Help...OMG!!!" She was incoherent.

Wind was blowing swiftly, carrying with them the leaves from the ground and swallowing up her uncontrollable cries for help.

"HELP!!!!" felt dry and strained

No one noticed and no one seemed ready to rescue the girl.

'Oh my gosh...'

She then signed frantically to get the driver's attention but she was completely ignored.

Time was ticking and a life was just waiting to be ended

'Please....'

"HELP!!!!!"

A choice was needed to be made.

'oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god...'

"HELP!!!!!"

And in split second without any thought she charged forward to the the street.

'God....'

Running towards the little girl two steps at a time.

'Save..'

And then pushing the girl to the side walk, as she was closed her eyes waiting for the inevitable end.

'Her...'

Her end.

.....bang!!!

* May 23 210 5:52pm PhST (Started) *  last edit August 11 2010 * latest edit 2012 july 1