Ordinary Day

One Year Later

 

Jessica's p.o.v.

 "Mom, take care of yourself, I love you mom." my tears start to fall. "Jessica, don't worry I’ll be back after 6 months, so don't be sad okay?" she comforts me, giving me a hug. My Mom will go to France to work in a flower shop, that's why I’ll be alone here for 6 months. She pulled her luggage and walks towards the door, silence filled the hallway except the sound of the rolling wheels. "Goodbye mom! Take care of yourself okay?" my farewell to her. "Goodbye my baby, take care of you, and get ready for school okay?" she said. I burst out with tears; I gave her a hug, a tight hug. "Okay baby, I got to go, the taxi is waiting." she walked away and watches the taxi leaving. 

Looks like there’s missing here, uh well, I must prepare for school. Its February 11 today and 3 days to go before Valentine’s Day and there will be lots of activities but I hope that there will be a song writing contest, that’s all I want anyway. There’s a left over pizza on the fridge, thanks to mom, I guess it will be my breakfast for today.

The road is so quiet and if I stand here I will be late for class. There is no taxi passing by, so I guess I’ll walk a little till the taxi pass by. It’s kinda awkward to walk alone, for me. I’ve seen so many couples walking together. Holding hands while walking. And here I am, walking alone, and holding my bag. I've never been in a relationship, and I’m not in a hurry, because I know, it will come. Unexpectedly.

"Jessica!" a familiar voice called my name, I stop and look back, and oh it’s Yuri, looking out of the car’s window, Minho’s car actually. The car stopped in front of me. “Jessica! It’s so nice to see you! Why you’re walking?” she asked cheerfully, “I guess the taxi drivers are on strike!” I said, “Hahaha that’s funny!” she laughed, I just gave her a smile, “come on! Hop in!” Minho invited. “No thanks just enjoy your time together, by the way Valentine’s Day is coming!” I said, “Come on sis! You’re getting late!” Yuri said, holding my hands, “really I’m okay! Just enjoy.” I said “okay I’ll give you two choices: one, we are going without but I will tell him that you have a crush on hi-“

“Okay! Okay...I’ll ride! Okay!” I interrupt, I opened the door and slide in. Yuri just gave a smile, “I hate Yul!” I said, Minho is laughing, “I’m sorry sis, but I’ve no choice.” She defended. The car is running but I still wonder, will Onew be present today? He’s been absent these days; well I hope he’s there.

“Jessica!!!  I need your help!” Yoona greeted me instead of good morning, “what is that?” I said looking straight at her, she’s looking…broken hearted, “let’s discuss that outside, I don’t want anyone to know” her eyes became teary, “Alright.” I stood up and follow her trail.

“Jessica!” she said again giving me a tight hug, I could feel her tears dripping on my shoulder. “What’s your problem? Is it about your grade?”  I guessed. “No it’s not about that! You know that I never cry for that! Donghae did a prank me a while ago!”  Her tears start to fall,

“What did he do?”

“He sent me a letter, and he wants me to go to his locker, then I went there I didn’t see him there and he asked me if I love him, then I said yes, then he laughed, the he said that thank you Yoona but I’ll never be in love with you, then he walked away laughing so hard” She burst out with tears, then she hugged me again.

“He did that? How dare he!” I walked away, angry. I feel all the blood rushing on my face.

“LEE DONGHAE!!!” I scream his name in anger, now the attention of all turns to me, I walk towards him, and he looks shocked. I slap his face, and everybody was shocked from what I did, “HOW DARE YOU TO DO THAT TO YOONA HUH? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PLAY WITH GIRLS FEELING OKAY? IF YOU WILL TO THAT AGAIN I DON’TKNOW WHAT WILL I DO TO YOU!” I point a finger on him, “Stop it Jessica, Sir Kim is coming!” Seohyun stops me. Donghae stood up “I’m sorry jess-“

“Don’t apologize to me! Apologize to Yoona!” I interrupt him, I walked away, Yoona is on her table now, and her head is down. Sunny, tiffany, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and hyoyeon are comforting her. I went there, ignoring everybody’s stares. “Don’t worry Yoona, its okay now.” I said, touching her head.

“Mr. Heechul is coming!” Minwoo warned, all of us are rushing to our respective seats. 

“Good Morning class I have a very special announcement to you!” he greeted,  “since valentine’s day is coming, from today up to February 13, you will spent your whole day preparing for the activities of the school for the 14th, and me as your adviser, will be here until the last hour okay?” he said. Everybody was happy from what they hear, they feel relieved because Mr. Leeteuk will never teach math again! Their aura is filled with hope and joy.

                Mr. Heechul is a new teacher in science, and he became our adviser, he’s really good at teaching, many rumors are spreading these days that he is the one who put bouquet of roses on Sohee’s locker, well I see no problem with that, age doesn’t matter you know.

My 8 best friends, Yuri, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Sooyoung and Yoona, went on my table, “Hey sis, what’s your plan for valentines?” Yuri asked, “I don’t know, and I don’t have any plans for that, what about you and Minho?” I asked, they . In our group, Yuri is the only one who is on a relationship. “Huh? I don’t know, if he had plans…well he’ll tell me right away.” She said.

                “Mr. Onew, You’re late! You must be thankful that I didn’t give an exam!” Mr. Heechul said, all of us looked at the door, and I saw him standing there. What? He’s present? I can’t believe that he’s here. My heart starts to beat fast.  “I’m sorry Mr. Kim.” He rushed to his seat; Minho gave a high five, well that 5 are now complete. The 8 looked at me then Yuri shook me, “Oh my Gosh Jessica he’s here!” Taeyeon teased me, “why you’re blushing?” Sooyoung teased too. “Oh come on! Stop it okay? Maybe somebody may find it out.” I said. “Okay! We’ll stop. Hey Yoona, cheer up! Jessica already made a revenge for you.” Tiffany said, “Yeah, fany is right, stop thinking of that jerk okay” sunny cheered, “Well, I guess you’re right, but I really like what you did to him” Yoona laughed so hard, “oh come on Yoona you’re so dorky!” Sooyoung said, “Well thank you guys, you guys made me relieved.” Yoona said, “Awl! Okay Girls, it’s time for a group hug!” Hyoyeon Invited and we hug. All of chuckled, feels like there is no problem. “Hey Jessica! Do you want to join the song writing contest?” Sunhwa asked, “Yeah, Why?” I replied, “Sohee just posted an announcement on the bulletin board, and the good thing is you just pass your song to her and you’re already a participant.” She said,

“Oh really? Thank you so much Sunhwa!” I thanked, and she smiled at me. “Wow, how did she know that you like that contest?” Seohyun asked, “I mentioned it to her last time.” I said. Everybody in the room had their own business and Mr. Heechul I just reading a book on his table.

“Mr. Kim! The School faculty will have a emergency meeting today!” Mr. Leeteuk said,

“Really?”

“Yeah, so class, you better go home because the class is suspended!” He Announced, Everybody Was happy because of it, well it’s a good thing for me cause, I’ll spend my whole day sleeping.

“Hey! Jessica, go with us okay? Or else…” Yuri black mailed me again. “Is there any choices?” I rolled my eyes. Here I am again, at the back seat of Minho’s car, looking outside. I saw Onew riding on his bike, while the other four has their cars. What kind of fortune he has?

The ride run so smooth, I guess it’s just took second. “Thanks for the ride Minyul!” I said, “No Problem Sis!” she smiled back. Then they car went away.

Oh my! I’m so sleepy, I guess I’ll sleep for the mean time; I’ll change clothes later after I wake up.

I throw my backpack at the floor and slide the door of my room; I open the window for some light, and I spread the blanket on the floor and put the pillow too. Well it’s time for some sleep. I hope that no one will dare to interrupt my sleep.