Chapter 4

The Nemesis

 

Jangwoo organized the trip and invited few of their closed friends. He rented a 6 seater car and first he drove to EunJung’s house to fetch her. ‘So are we ready? Let’s go~~’ Jangwoo can’t wait to camp in the beautiful ocean and beach.

 

*

 

‘Let’s just take this place. We have the big tree to be the shade for us.’ Jangwoo put down all his belongings on the ground. ‘Wow we can even swim here!’ Jaemin exclaimed excitedly seeing the sparkling blue ocean and waves hitting the beach. ‘Jaemin-ah, do you have to be this excited?’ EunJung chuckled at Jaemin’s child like behavior.

 

YooJin took out her sunglasses and umbrella to hide from the scorching sun. She grumbled under her breath, why did I even agree to come here? ‘Are you okay, YooJin-ssi?’ Jangwoo noticed her frowning face. ‘Ooh, I’m alright. Just a little hot here.’ She pasted a plastic smile across her face. ‘Maybe you are not used to the heat here. Why don’t you stay in the shade? We will do the rest here.’ YooJin nodded and walk happily back to the shade.

 

Chet I am hot and tired too. Why doesn’t he ask me as well? EunJung can’t help with the thought while taking out the things to be set up. Although she loves to grumble, she is used to the sun after numerous times camping with Jangwoo.

 

Hours have passed and they finally finish setting up their camping site. EunJung sat down and starts fanning herself thanks to the hot summer with 35 degree Celsius. Suddenly her vision was blocked by a bottle of water.

 

‘For you,’ EunJung looked up and saw Jangwoo smiling earnestly while handing the drink that he had just drank. EunJung took it and gulp down the cooling water. ‘Thanks.’ She said simply and buried her head into her knees.

 

‘Why? Are you sick?’ Jangwoo hold EunJung’s back slightly and gave her a little shake. ‘Nothing, just the heat is giving me headaches.’ EunJung snuggled more into her knees. ‘Let’s go back into the car. I brought some painkiller to stop your headache. Let’s go.’ Jangwoo helped her up.

 

He helped her all the way to the car. When they got into his car, Jangwoo quickly took out some cloth to be soaked in cold water and also the pills to ease her throbbing head.

 

‘Here, put it on your forehead. It cools down your heaty brain.’ Jangwoo let out a small laugh. ‘You still have mood to joke? The headache is killing me.’ EunJung slightly beat his chest.

 

‘Okay okay I won’t joke anymore. Just sit here and rest well. I will call you again when it’s time for dinner.’ Jangwoo gave a last look to EunJung before going back to their campsite.

 

*

 

‘It’s time for dinner!’ Jaemin said eagerly. ‘Ah Jaemin-ah, stop acting like a child. Hurry up and put the meat on the grill.’ Jangwoo said while making the fire for their dinner and campfire. He went over to his car to wake the sleeping EunJung.

 

When he reached his car, he can’t help but to stand and watch her sleep; the sleeping look that turn off most of the guys - messy but attractivein his eyes. He slightly knocked on the window. ‘EunJung-ah, it’s time for dinner. Are you feeling better?’

 

‘Oh Jangwoo-ah, yea so much better. I will come out now.’ She arranges herself before getting down. Both of them walked back to the site to enjoy their dinner with the rest after the tired day.

 

*

 

‘Now let’s welcome our new friend, YooJin-ssi!’ Jangwoo being the host stood up and clapped his hand.

 

‘Hi everyone. Nice to meet you.’

 

‘What’s with the formality, now let’s start our game!’ EunJung exclaimed with a scheming smile.

 

‘Game? Sure! I love games. So what are we playing?’ YooJin, not realizing the ‘danger’ she is about to face innocently accepted the challenge.

 

‘Instead of game, we are going to do some hazing…’ EunJung smiled slyly thinking of the task she is giving her.

 

*

 

YooJin squats on the beach looking for seashells. What the hell I am doing here? Ham EunJung-ssi you will get it from me. While searching for the shells, she had to dig deep into the sand damaging her newly made manicure.

 

After half an hour on the beach, YooJin finally came back with seashells that EunJung requested. ‘Now let’s get to the next one. Dance with the bucket you are holding onto without any music on.’ EunJung covers laughing after saying her task.

 

YooJin being the youngest had to fulfil the task even though she is unwilling to do so. Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to finish that embarrassing and awkward dance. Everyone was laughing at her.

 

Holding onto her laughter, EunJung was about to say her next task when she was being stopped by Jangwoo.

 

‘EunJung-ah, thats enough for now. Don’t make fun of her anymore.’ Jangwoo said in between his laugh.

 

YooJin ran back to her seat in embarrassment. She knew EunJung was making fun of her, but being the newcomer she can’t say anything.

 *

 

Jangwoo tossed around in his sleeping bag. He was awoken by Jaemin’s loud snoring. Thinking that the snoring won’t stop any soon, he got out from the tent to enjoy the cooling night at the beach. As he opens up the tent, he saw a slim figure sitting very near to the beach along with a few cans of beer.

 

‘Can’t sleep?’ Jangwoo slowly walked towards her trying not to startle her. ‘Just enjoying the night,’ EunJung took in a sip of beer. ‘On a night like this, you should have company,’ Jangwoo said as he took a seat besides EunJung, taking her beer and gulped it down.

 

‘You should be glad that I am in a good mood or else you are gonna get it for stealing my beer.’ EunJung said jokingly and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

‘Drink less would you? Getting drunk everytime.’ Jangwoo let out a smile seeing EunJung’s tired face.

 

‘How is YooJin-ssi?’ Jangwoo asked. ‘She seems to be a nice girl. I like her.’

 

‘Yah Lee Jangwoo, can you be a little more careful? Don’t be mesmerised by one’s outer appearance. She is just okay to me.’ EunJung commented.

 

‘When did I value people from their physical appearance? If I really do, I wouldn’t be friends with you at all.’ He joked.

 

‘Isshh...this person. Yea yea I am that bad that’s why I can’t get a good boyfriend.’ She retorted.

 

‘Yah, chill up would you? I’m just joking. You are the best. Just that people don’t appreciate you.’

 

‘Do you think I can find someone as understanding as you? Is that even possible?’ EunJung said slowly and looked up the dark sky decorated with little stars.

 

‘Why would you say that? I’m sure you can find your Mr. Right very soon.’ Jangwoo slightly pat EunJung’s shoulder. ‘A man that can bring you happiness and take away your worries. Most importantly, the man that I trusted enough to take care of you.’

 

‘Really?’ EunJung murmured. Sleeping beauty EunJung can’t resist the comfortable and warm shoulder she is lying on. ‘You sleepy head.’ Jangwoo chuckled. Afraid of waking up EunJung who have been helping out the whole day, he decided to stay in the position until she wakes up. Slowly he put on his jacket that he has been holding onto on EunJung. He too drifted to sleep, lying on EunJung’s head.

 

*

 

‘What are you two doing here?’ YooJin spot the two lying on the beach with EunJung on Jangwoo’s arm.

 

Awoken by the noise, EunJung open her slightly and look to the surrounding. ‘What time is it?’ She got up and rubbed her eyes a few times, yawning loudly. ‘Is it time for breakfast already?’ EunJung turned around and saw Jangwoo sleeping on the sand. ‘Yah, Lee Jangwoo get up. People are looking at us already.’ She shook his arm to wake him up.

 

Now being more clear-headed, EunJung said, ‘I’m sorry YooJin-ssi. We are always like this. Please don’t mind us.’

 

‘Oh of course I won’t mind. I am just afraid that Jangwoo-ssi might catch a cold being out here all night.’ 

 

‘Its morning already? How long have we been on the beach?’ Jangwoo slightly awaken while blocking the sunlight from his eyes. ‘Jangwoo-ssi, get up now. I have prepared the breakfast.’ YooJin smiled sweetly while helping him up.

 

*

 

‘Jangwoo-ssi, can you help me with this?’ YooJin is having a hard time with the lifejacket. ‘Sure I will help you.’ He walked over to her and clips the buckle for her.

 

 She even needs help doing this? ‘Jangwoo-ah let’s hurry up and get on the banana boat’ EunJung interrupts the two.

 

After the exciting ride, everyone sat down on the beach to have a rest. ‘Ahh, I don’t feel well. I think I am throwing up.’ Jaemin holds his spinning head and lie down on the sand. ‘Jaemin-ah, be a man would you? Don’t whine like a girl.’ Jangwoo shook his head seeing Jaemin’s child act.

 

Jangwoo turned to YooJin, ‘Are you having fun here? I hope we don’t bored you out.’

 

‘Of course not. I had a great time here.’ YooJin said with a smile. Everything was good except for the damn hazing time.

 

‘Let’s pack up. The sun is setting. It’s a new week tomorrow. Time to get back to the boring working days.’ Jangwoo said.

 

After this let’s see if she dares to join us in anymore – EunJung

 

Ham EunJung just wait and see. I will definitely win over Jangwoo-ssi from you - YooJin