The letter.

My letter to you.

I walked along the dark, dull hallway that was once full of life. I brushed my hand along the old, empty bookshelf that was once full of our memories. I opened the small, brown draw of a desk that was once neatly decorated with our things. I picked up the crinkled, tear stained letter that was once untouched by me. I unfolded the letter in my hand and began to read it aloud.



'Dear Yoseob ,
                     I don't know if you will have even bothered reading this, but there's something i have to tell you. Actually there are a few things I have to tell you.

First of all... I hope you're still alive and well. I hope you don't think this is any of your fault. Because it's not! Don't you ever think that. Nothing that has happened is your fault. It is mine and mine, entirely.

Second of all... I want you to know I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not telling you what was going on. I'm sorry for waiting too long. I'm sorry for letting the cancer spread this much. I'm sorry you had to go through so much pain. I wish I was with you right know. I wish I could hug you and tell you everything is going to be alright. But I can't. Because we both know that isn't true. We both know that you're never going to get over the fact that I'm gone. We both know that I'm never going to be able to see you again. And I'm so sorry for that. I'm sorry for everything.

Thirdly... I want you to know that I love you. I love you Yang Yoseob. Read it over and over again until it hits you. I love you with all my heart. I hate myself. I hate myself for just wasting away without putting up a fight. I hate myself for turning you into a wreck. And you can say "I'm not a wreck, I'm just fine." but we both know that isn't true. I could see it in your eyes. I could see how much you hurt whenever you would look at me. Why? Is it because you cherish having me as friend? Or is it more?

I always wanted to ask you this, but I was always to scared to hear the answer... I guess I can ask you know.

Do you love me the way I love you? Tell me. Do you? Because that's all I've wanted to hear from you. From the first day we met. To the day that I died. I just wanted to hear you tell me you loved me. I wanted to see your amazing eyes looking into mine. I wanted to see your perfectly shaped lips smiling at me. I wanted to hear your soft voice tell me you loved me. I wanted to hug you. To kiss you. To love you. And look at what's happened now. If only I wasn't such a coward...

Yoseob. You have to promise me one thing. Promise me one thing. Promise me you'll never forget about me. I don't care who you remember me as. A friend. A brother. Or a lover. Just remember me. Because I'll always remember you. And I'll always love you too.

From Yours Truly, Son Donwoon .'

 

I held the letter in my hands and pressed it to my heart. It was beating like a drum. I was surpised the organ didn't rip out of my chest. It hurt. It hurt to read this letter again. My knees became weaker then ever. Tears fell from my cheecks as I dropped to the ground. The hard, stone floor hurt my knees but I didn't care right now. I only cared about Dongwoon. My Dongwoonie. The Dongwoonie that would keep me company whenever I needed it. The Dongwoonie that would give me advice on anything I asked for. And the Donwoonie that made my heart skip a beat for everytime I saw him.

"Come back!" I yelled at the letter that was now laying on the floor and covered in my tears. I needed him. I needed him more than ever now.

"Where are you?" I screamed as I threw my fist at the wall.

"Look at what you've done to me! Are you happy now? Are you?" I cried. "Just come back already!" I curled into a small ball and sobbed into the floor.

"I still love you Dongwoon..." I whispered.