Finding Yourself

Finding Yourself
I stared awestruck at the stars that glittered so brightly in the dark night sky. It was so, so rare to see them shining proudly with many other surrounding stars.

I relaxed my two arms that were previously wrapped around my bent legs. Instead, I lay down on the mat that I put out when I first reached the rooftop. Again, I stared mistily at the blinking lights on the black night. I figured, the stars were finding themselves. Finding the right place to shine, the right place to be. Just like me.

I was in High School when I started thinking what my future was going to be, what I wanted to become. I decided that I'll try the best I could to become famous. But, I'd say that failed.

Instead, I had found something better. Bigger. More important.

What was that?

I think you should be asking who.

I had found someone that found the real me.

"Yeobo? Oh! There you are!! I was looking all over for you." a voice pulled me away from my thoughts. I strained my head, looking at the source of the sound. Or maybe intruder... But I wouldn't exactly use that word for my boyfriend, would I?

"JinKi," I smiled gently. He strode over toward me and lay beside me.

"So... What were you thinking about while stargazing?" his voice cuts into the silence that had ensued us. I stayed quiet for a while, contemplating whether to tell him or not.

"... I was thinking of my past, my future, me......... You." I stated simply, turning on my side to face him. He faced me as well, and grinned his mega-watt smile that never failed to make my heart melt.

"That's a nice confession," he started, still smiling. "But I think you should've said OUR future, together."

I felt heat rise up my cheeks.

Yeah, that was the man that found me. My heart felt warm, warm with comfort.