The First Encounter

KISMET

 

(Author’s POV)

 

It was a rather fine day in Venice. Not an ordinary one, yet a great start for an unexpected collision.The sun’s rays reached Dara’s cheeks; the gentle breeze touched her skin. Dara opened her eyes and greeted the morning with a big smile. She always tries to wake up with a bright smile plastered on her face for her to start a wonderful day.

 

Dara checked the clock to know what time it is, but to her dismay it was already 7am, and she needs to be somewhere at 8 in the morning. “Aish! I’m going to be late!!!” she screamed as she jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to take a quick bath. She usually takes a bath longer enough for her to be convinced that she is thoroughly clean.

 

Once finished, she ran to her closet and grab a white blouse with ruffles on the center just above chest level and an A-line skirt as what she always referred to as “Black-tie suits” – those velvety cloth that office personnel always wear. Dara usually wears baggy or skinny jeans and simple tees but today she needs to look more decent because she’s going to an exhibit.  After getting dress she sat on her vanity table (a vanity table is a desk with a mirror attached to it, it also comes with a chair.)and comb her damp hair. She has no time to style it for she’s going to be late instead she just put a cute hair pin on the side. Put some light make-up on, once she’s satisfied with her look she grabs her heels and clutch bag and ran down stairs.

 

Umma! I’ll be going now. Wish me luck!” she said while heading for the door and opening it.

Dara! Eat your breakfast first!” her umma said but all she heard as a reply is

 “SLAM!” the sound of the door banging to a close.

Aigoo, that girl!” she muttered.

As you all know her Umma is not her real mother, she is like Dara’s second mother. This umma of hers has been with her since she was still a baby. She was the one who always attends to Dara’s needs when Dara’s Mom is not around. 

 

 

Meanwhile, in a Hotel near the river..

 

(Jaejoong’s POV)

 

I felt the cold morning breeze touched my skin. I opened my eyes and saw the morning light through the white curtains that covered the windows. I don’t feel like getting out of bed.

 

Damn it! I’m in Venice for crying out loud! – I’m supposed to enjoy my stay here!”  Sigh.

This day better be a good one!” after my morning exercise I went straight to the bathroom to prepare myself for the day.

 

(Author’s POV)

 

Jaejoong just graduated from College and now is being trained by his father’s assistants. After preparing himself for the day he decided to eat his breakfast because he still has time to spare.

 

 Someone suddenly knocked on the door, “Come in.” Jaejoong said, upon hearing his voice the person opened the door and greeted Jaejoong

 

Good Morning Sir! I’m here to report your Schedule for today.” His assistant informed.

‘Here we go again.’ Jaejoong thought, not interested in listening.

You will only be having two Appointments for today Sir.” The assistant said.

 

 Jaejoong smiled about what his assistant told him and is now paying attention.

 

At 8:30am you’ll be meeting the stockholders for Kim Motors, and discuss about the new project for this coming quarter, and at 6:00 in the evening you will have a Dinner with the buyers from Japan. They want full information about Vehicle Dynamics that we offer. That is all sir.” His assistant said

 

Jaejoong nodded in response, and stood up from the table.

 

I shall prepare the Chopper for you now sir.” His assistant bowed and is about to go but Jaejoong stopped him and said

 “I won’t be riding the chopper for today, It’s a fine day don’t you think? I want to ride the Gondola.” His assistant just looked up at him.

 

See you there!” Jaejoong said to his assistant and walked out the room.

 

 

Dara on the other hand is running her way towards the Gondola Station. Upon arriving she saw that there’s only 1 boat left. She smiled knowing how lucky she is to still catch a boat at this late hour. She greeted the driver “Bonjour!” she heard someone say the same word. She looked to her right and saw a very handsome guy. They both stared at each other, Dara mesmerized by the man beside her, and Jaejoong confused as to why the girl beside him is staring at him like his going to be in a few minutes.

 

Ahem! Are you guys planning to ride or not?” the driver spoke catching their attention.

I’ll be taking a ride Mr.” He turned to the girl beside him

How about you Miss?” he asked waiting for an answer.

 

 Dara jerked up and looked at Jaejoong “Um, Yes.” A short reply escaped her lips.

 

Jaejoong nodded and faced the driver again.

 “I’ll be heading to Ca’Rezzonico.” Upon hearing what Jaejoong said, Dara stepped in front of him.

 

This is going to be a problem. You see, your headed to the right side of the river, while I’m headed to the left in Ca’d’Oro Façade.”  She said now facing the driver.

Dara who lived in Venice for many years now is familiar with the place, so she knows where this and that is.

 

So if you would be so kind enough to let me ride first because I would be late for my appointment.” She continued while stepping down to reach the gondola, but Jaejoong held on to her wrist and pulled her up. Dara surprised at first but composed herself, she heard Jaejoong say

 

“Idon’t think so Miss, I have a meeting to attend to and I need to be there at 8:30am

 

And as for me, I need to be there in 30 minutes!” she said in a higher tone.

She tried to get out of Jaejoong’s grasp but she just can’t, remembering that he is a man, a strong one too.

“Can you please let go of me? I need to go now!” she said, irritated by the guy beside her.

“No! I’m sorry if you think I’m no gentle man for letting you ride this boat first, but I need to go also. ” he said a smirk plastered on his face.

 

Dara can’t believe that the guy is such a jerk for not letting her ride the Gondola first decided to play a trick on him.

 

Oh My Ghaaad!”  Point’s to the right side.

Jaejoong shocked of her sudden outburst asked her “What?” he said.

What the hell is that?!” he heard her say then look at where the girl is pointing.

Dara now saw her chance to trick Jaejoong suddenly hit his chest hard enough to make him groan in pain.

 

Ugh!” he groaned, clutching his chest.

Whoops! Sorry! HAHA!!!” she said, not able to hold her laughter.

“YAH!” Jaejoong yelled trying to catch Dara, but he can’t seem to get over the pain.

 

Dara ran as fast as she can towards the Gondola so that Jaejoong won’t be able to catch up to her. She told the driver to go to Ca’d’Oro Façade. She turned to see Jaejoong holding his chest looking at her furiously. She can’t help but laugh it off. She waved goodbye to Jaejoong while the latter just stand there dazed.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: )

OMO ! First chapter is up! Hope you enjoyed it. Mianhe, we were not able to update yesterday. We went Christmas Shopping. Keke! Merry Christmas EVERYONE !!!! We are actually going to celebrate our Christmas Party today. I just excused myself to update “KISMET” for you guys! Mianhe to keep you guys waiting! Hope you’ll still support Our Fic! Thank You So Much for the new subscribers! Comments are loved! Tell us what you think about the first chapter!