Back To The Start

My Mommy And Daddy

Yoon Mi Young's POV

"Mi Young-ah~" called out my mom.

I hurried to her whilst carrying a doll and a small pink bag that contains some pretend make-up. I held my mom's hand and smiled, "Mom."

"Are you ready?" she knelt down to my height and pinch my cheeks, "We're meeting my friends when I was little like you so you must behave, ok?"

As a 5 years old child, I respectfully nodded and followed my mom to the car. It was a quiet ride. I fiddled with my toys that surrounds me in the car until the car stopped and I had to get off.

I took my parent's hand and a big house stood in front of us, "Woah~!" was all I could say.

My dad chuckled, "This house is bigger than ours, isn't it?"

Amazed, I nodded. After a few minutes of walking to the front door, we rang the doorbell and a beautiful lady wearing a floral dress greeted my parents. They shook hands and hugged each other. Once I came in, I looked up to see an amazing structured house, the design of the walls were magnificent and the furnitures were like gold gleeming at me. I blinked a couple of times to intake all what I just saw.

Suddenly, the prettly lady knelt down and offered her hand, "I'm Mrs.Kim, what's your name?"

"Yoon Mi Young," I carefully shook her finger and smiled.

"How old are you, Mi Young?"

"Five," I answered shyly. Mrs.Kim smiled widely and took my hand. I was a little bit bewildered walking around the house with a stranger but it felt so magical.  Finally, we arrived on a very paculiar room, it had many books and toys around but it doesn't seem to be like a playroom. I blinked to Mrs.Kim and she magically made a boy appear next to her. The boy was about the same height as me but he was just a little bit taller, his jet black hair covered his forhead and he doesn't seem to be pleased on meeting me. 

"Mi Young, this is my son, Kim Myungsoo," Mrs. Kim smiled and turned to the other kid, "Myungsoo, this is Mi Young, she's a friend, ok?"

The boy sighed and walked away without saying hi to me or even waving, he sat on a small chair and took out a tiny car from his pocket and played with it instead. I looked up to Mrs.Kim and she looked dissapointed. 

"Why don't you play around here and try and talk to Myungsoo, ok?" Mrs.Kim insisted and left.

I sighed and tip toed near Myungsoo, I bit my lip, "Hello, I'm Yoon Mi Young."

He stared at me but continued playing.

What's wrong with him? Can't he talk? I saw him suddenly take out another car and he pushed it towards me, "You can be the green car if you want."

"Really?" I asked amazed, his voice was still high pitched and cute. But I'm more amazed that he's actually playing with me.

I took the car and crawled beside him, "Do you have lots of cars?"

He nodded, "Do you wanna see?"

"Yeah!" I shouted happily.

He then took my hand and led me to upstairs where we turned to the left.

Myungsoo still had his grip on my tiny hands when he opened a door. We entered and it seem to be his bedroom.

"This is my bedroom," he let go of my hand and jumped on the bed, "This is my car bed."

I looked around to see that the theme of his room is mostly car related. I took out my shoes and joined him on jumping in the bed. And just like that, we bonded...

We became the best of bestfriends.

 

(8 YEARS LATER)

 

Kim Myungsoo's POV

"Hurry up!" I shouted. 

I sat on Mi Young's living room, waiting for her since we're going to the park today. Mi Young appeared and she was hurriedly putting on some necklace and earring on. 

"Sorry if I'm late, I had to do my hair and clothes..." she went on talking and I just ignored her.

Typical Mi Young. 

She suddenly swirled around me, "So do you like my dress?"

Huh? Why is she asking those types of questions?

"I can't answer that, I'm a boy," I replied.

She crossed her arms, "Can't you just say it looks pretty?"

To console Mi Young, I put my hand on her shoulder and smiled at her, "You look pretty, my Mi Young."

Mi Young quickly smiled widely and grabbed my hand, she ran quickly out on to the streets and after a few minutes we found ourselves in the park.

"Push me!" she sat on a swing and smiled. I pushed her slowly then after a few minutes, we both sat on the grass looking at the blue sky.

"Mi Young-ah, are you ready to start middle school?" I asked while looking at the sky.

"Mmmm," she answered.

"Aren't you scared?"

"No."

"We might not be in the same class," I turned my head to her.

"Then promise me to visit me everyday in my classroom if we're not in the same class," she held out her pinky.

I blinked... What do I do?

She giggled. I loved Mi Young's giggles, it's so cute and it's filled with happiness.

Mi Young took my hand and put down my fingers except from my pink, she made my pinky interlock with hers.

"This is what you call a pinky promise," she explained, "If you break it, I'll be upset, ok?"

Seeing Mi Young show these weird things to me, I smiled then nodded.