He Sleeps, She Thinks

Wonderful Tonight (Alternate)

Half an hour later, she reappeared by his side and took a seat where she previously had occupied before leaving alone in the patio. Tapping lightly on his broad shoulder, he woke up, slightly startled seeing her again. “We are leaving, and that’s final. Where are the car keys?”

He dug his inner tuxedo’s pocket, producing the dangling keys, with a slight grin. She reached out for the keys; he retracted his arms, quickly tried getting to his feet. Seeing how he was going to be childish, she attempted to yank the keys out from his hands while she still could because they were almost at the same level. She misjudged the distance and missed the keys by a fraction of a centimetre.

Now, fully on his feet, his grin grew wider and he stretched his arms as far as possible. Rian made small leaps to grasp the keys, but proved to be futile efforts. He was already a foot taller than she was, at 6’2. Even with the help of her 4-inch heels, she barely reached his ears.

“The keys. Jin Yoo Jin, give it to me,” she instructed, before making one final leap to grasp the keys from him. He shook his head, smirking at her. At that point in time, he broke out into fits of cough, each as dire as the previous. He quickly grabbed his handkerchief from his trouser’s pocket and coughed into it, then slipped it into his pocket, trying to avoid being seen by her.

“Yoo Jin,” she said, her hands wrapped around his muscular frame, hoping to steady him before he decided to collapse into the pool, knowing every well she cannot exactly swim, let alone save him from drowning. “I am fine,” he said assuringly, with a smile.

“Let’s go home, I bet you are tired from all that socialising,” he joked. It made her smile. She nodded. “Yeah, I am.” He hooked his muscular arm around hers, flashed her a reassurance simper and with that, they headed to the valet.

Upon reaching home, their butler, Lee Jun, took charge of keeping the car in the garage. She helped him to the bed; he constantly expressed disapproval in her helping him, told her he could walk without being assist. When she stopped helping him, he staggered a little as they both climbed the stairs.

They both slithered into their comfortable house clothes. He picked a grey, v-neck t-shirt and sweatpants while she, in her black nightdress. They made their way to the toilet together; he went for the left side of the sink while she walked up to the right. Simultaneously, he brushed his teeth and she washed her face.

Then they switched roles, her brushing her perfect white pearls, him roughly washing his face. With end of their washing duties, they climbed up to their massive king-sized bed. Rian picked up the book a fan recommended to her from her night stand, began to read it while Yoo Jin opted for a quick glance at the digital clock before resting his head on the fluffy pillows.

He turned to face her, eyes looking up at her. She stopped reading, fixed her brown eyes on his features. She noticed, under the lamp light, he looked much handsome and pale than usual. Her heart cracked a little at the sight of it.

“What’s wrong, rock star?” She inquired, gently. He shook his head, smiling at her as he did so. “Nothing. I just want to say you, Lee Ji Kyung, are wonderful tonight.”

opened, trying to form the words she desperately wanted to tell him (the three words he deserved to hear coming from her personally) but all she managed was a weak,“Thanks?”

He turned around to switch his bedside lamp, muttered slowly, “Always have, always been, always will be the most beautiful and amazing woman I ever known.”

“Damn straight, I have proof, look at the magazines to acknowledge that,” she replied.

With the clicking sound of the switch, his bedside lamp shut, he once again shifted his body to face her. This time, both of his eyes closed but he continued to mumble inarticulately. She was only able to make some words such as “-honoured to be your friend.”

Rian placed her book down, ran her slim, long fingers through his thick black hair, and his face lightly. Her thoughts ran wild as she tried to sort them out. As much as she did not want to admit it, she had fallen for him. Is it too late to tell him that she loved him, more than a friend? She could only afford to wonder as she stared at his peaceful form.