[Two]

Do You Hear My Heart? [Hiatus - Author's Block]

“How many should I cook?” Kyung-jong asked as he put a few bars of instant noodles onto the boiling water.

Ji-hyuk, who was lying with his guitar said, “Just cook many, so that all of us can eat,” and his words gained a nod from Ha-jin.

“Just cook until the stove burst,” he jokingly said. “And, speaking of all of us, where’s Do-il and Byung-hee?” he asked to Ji-hyuk, and he received just a shrug from him.

Suddenly, the sound of knocking hit their ears.

“That must be Do-il,” Ha-jin said. He punched Hyun-soo’s shoulder lightly and continued, “Go get the door.”

Hyun-soo rolled his eyes and reluctantly got up. He walked lazily to the door as he rubbed the back of his neck. He swung the door opened.

“Byung-hee, Yoon-hee,” he muttered as his eyes widen. He reached out his hands towards Yoon-hee as Byung-hee lightly pushed her into his arms.

Byung-hee walked pass Hyun-soo and entered the place. He threw the bag which was in his hand to his side.

“Ji-hyuk, move away,” he commanded as he gestured Ji-hyuk to get up from the couch. “Ya, Hyun-soo, get Yoon-hee in here,” he shouted as he put a blanket and pillow on the couch, setting it, so that it will be comfy.

Hyun-soo led Yoon-hee who was limping. He supported her with his hands until she made it to the couch and settled down.

Ji-hyuk stared at Yoon-hee, as well as the others. “What happened?” he asked as his gaze was turned to Byung-hee.

Byung-hee threw a heavy sigh. “My dad beat the crap out of her. That old drunkard,” he cursed under his breath.

“Kyung-jong, go out and buy some meds,” Hyun-soo ordered as the little buddy put on his shoes and disappeared from their sight.

The door was again swung opened. “Why Kyung-jong is running out?” Do-il’s voices was heard and eventually his face followed up.

“Anyway, Ji-hyuk,” Byung-hee started to talk. “Yoon-hee will be staying here,” he exposed.

“I don’t mind, it’s totally fine,” Ji-hyuk said as he shrugged and turned his gaze towards Yoon-hee.

“Let’s eat first,” Ha-jin, who was taking over Kyung-jong’s work over the instant noodles, said. He brought along with him, a huge pot of noodles and put it on the table, in front of everyone.

“I got it!” Kyung-jong said after the door were opened and he was standing there with a plastic of medicines in this hands.

Hyun-soo walked over him and the plastic bag went from Kyung-jong’s hand to Hyun-soo’s. Kyung-jong dashed to the table as he saw the pot of noodles.

“Ya… I’m really hungry,” he said as he arrived in front of the table. He reached a pair of chopsticks and tried to eat the noodles, but Ha-jin smacked his hand.

He shrieked in pain as Ha-jin said, “Yoon-hee first,” and he smiled towards her while putting an amount of noodles in a bowl for her.

“It’s okay. You guys first. I don’t think I can eat like this,” she uttered as she faintly smile while touching the cut on the side of her lips.

“Yeah, let me treat the cuts first,” Hyun-soo said as she sat down beside Yoon-hee with his hand occupied with meds. He started to apply some cream on her cuts and wounds, as she winced once in a while.

Ha-jin stared at Yoon-hee. “Ya, are you really Byung-hee’s sister? You looked and acted nothing like him,” he commented, as he stuffed his mouth with noodles.

Byung-hee alerted as he shoved Ha-jin’s shoulder continuously. “What do you mean by that?” he asked, seriously. He gazed at Yoon-hee, from head to toes. “She’s pretty, I’m handsome. That must run in our genes,” he said in defense.

“She’s nice and you…,” Do-il said half-way.

“Ya, ya! What are you trying to say? Are you plotting against me?” he persistently asked, as they ignored him.

==========

The boys were loitering on the school’s corridor. They were literally hanging on the corridor as they were really bored in the fancy Jung Sang High.

“Ya, do we really to stay here?” Kyung-jong came out with a question.

“Of course, the girls, they’re pretty,” Ha-jin spoke out, while waving flirtingly to the girls, who was walking around there.

“My muse is here and those punks, we have to beat them up!” he shouted. “Not literally, I mean in the battle of the band, of course,” he snorted.

“I wish that we can literally beat them,” Hyun-soo muttered under his breath.

“The first thing first, the uniforms,” Byung-hee continued, looking as determined as ever.

==========

They were there, counting every penny they had, after everyone put their own money, which were everything they had in the moment.

“That’s it, it’s just enough to buy uniforms,” Ha-jin declared as he counted it all. He puts the money on the table as everyone sat back.

“Do you have to attend Jung Sang? Do you have to buy uniforms? Do you have to go to school?” Woo-kyung asked persistently. She looked at Ji-hyuk and said, “Why don’t you just quick school, date me, and play music on your spare time?”

“Okay, and you’ll work,” he said and Woo-kyung stayed in silent.

“Never mind! Let’s buy a uniform and go to school,” Byung-hee said, full of determination. “That way our contract is perfect,” he continued.

“But, if we’re going to battle with another band, don’t we need a new set of drums?” Kyung-jong pointed out. “What do we do?” he asked, as he looked around.

“It’s always the drum, the problem is always the drum,” Hyun-soo scoffed as Yoon-hee nudged him and shook her head while hissing. Hyun-soo held back as Do-il stayed as calm but it was clear that he felt a little bit frustration.

“For now, let’s get the uniforms! Then, we go to school, win the battle!” he shouted and cleared his throat. “We have to go to school to be the school’s best band,” he said as the tone was going lower and he was swallowing his own saliva.

“Oppa, are you okay? You looked sick,” Yoon-hee asked in concern as she looked at Byung-hee’s face, which his lips starting to curl into lop-sided smile.

“No, he’s not okay. This punk is weird. Look at his face, his eyes, it’s weird. Byung-hee is staking his life on school. He’s crazy. Byung-hee?,” Ji-hyuk muttered as he pointed to Byung-hee’s face.

“I’m going to attend school,” Byung-hee declared and he dropped his head on the money.