[One]

Do You Hear My Heart? [Hiatus - Author's Block]

She walked to the ticket counter, passing the crowds on the line. She waved to Woo-kyung, the one who was in-charged there.

Woo-kyung waved her hands, gesturing her to come over, nearer to her.

“Yoon-hee! Why aren’t you go to the backstage already?” she asked with her hands busying over the tickets and money. “Byung-hee must be waiting for you,” she continued.

Yoon-hee smiled. “Aye, I don’t come as Byung-hee oppa’s sister. I’m Eye Candy’s fan,” she defended as she took out money and handed it out to Woo-kyung.

Woo-kyung’s face showed hesitation as she saw the money, but Yoon-hee just shoved the money into her hand and she took a ticket from the counter.

Woo-kyung, who was dumbfounded, laughed in disbelief. “Okay, okay, go inside,” she said, gesturing head on the same command. “Next,” she shouted to the line of people in front of the ticket counter.

As Yoon-hee was going down the stairs, she was entering a crowded and dim room, where she could see the boys were standing on the stage, with their instruments. She found a spot to watch them all, clearly.

Some more minutes passed by, and the lights suddenly went on, to the point that she could see it all, clearly. The band, the instruments, the crowd and even herself.

Byung-hee high-fived Ji-hyuk and Do-il started to hit the drum set, in rhythm, followed by Kyung-jong’s keyboard, Hyun-soo’s guitar and Ha-jin’s bass. The super duper mini concert was officially started.

Unlike other fans, who were shouting and moving around, Yoon-hee was just standing and smiling at the boys, as if she was some kind of producer, who was looking for talents.

The song was smoothly performed until Yoon-hee heard the sound of siren, outside. Her face turned pale and full of worries. She turned her head around, enough to make her to see the sight of the front door, which was banged opened just a few seconds after that.

Woo-kyung’s figure was the first she saw. “Officer, officer, let’s talk outside,” Woo-kyung said, as another two huge figures of men, who wore police uniform, followed her inside.

She turned her head to see the boys on the stage, who were clearly in panic. Byung-hee shouted, “Everybody run!” as she saw Woo-kyung trying to stop the policemen from getting to the boys. She stared to the stage, in frightened looks on her face, as her gaze was caught by Hyun-soo’s gaze.

The boys started to run in separate ways. Hyun-soo ran towards her, who was not knowing what she had to do. “What are you doing here, just standing? What to sleep in the lock-up?! Aish,” he said as he grabbed her hands and led her to the way out.

“Wait, what about Ji-hyuk oppa? Byung-hee oppa?” she asked, in scattered breath, as she was running behind Hyun-soo.

“Let’s go first, they’ll be fine,” he said as he looked around, trying to run over a corner.

==========

“Ya, I heard Dong Nae High is closing, right?” the student, who was sitting two desks in front of Yoon-hee, wondered with her friends.

“Right, right. So, where the guys going to go?” the other was asking. “Aish, there will be no handsome guys around anymore,” she sighed.

“Ya, Joo Yoon-hee!” the girl called her name, making Yoon-hee to face her.

“What?” she asked, lazily.

“Where will your brother go after Dong Nae closed?” she asked. “I want to know where Eye Candy boys will be schooling,” she continued, as the girls were making curious faces.

“I don’t know,” she shortly replied as the girls snorted.

Yoon-hee went back to her reading, but she couldn’t focused as she was also curious about where her brother will go.

==========

They saw her, the girl in the school uniform, walked across the road. Byung-hee stood up, stared at the girl. All of them started to stand up as well. The girl continued walking and looking around.

She accidentally tripped and fell into Ji-hyuk’s arms. “It supposed to be in this way,” Byung-hee mumbled as he looked at his own hands.

The girl found her balance and stood up straightly as she smiled and said, “I’m sorry,” and bowed before running towards a black fancy car.

Byung-hee still stared to the girl, until she disappeared into the car. “I think this is fate,” he muttered alone, as the car was drove away and vanished from his sight.

His cell phone was ringing loudly, bringing him back to reality. He took out his cell phone from his pocket and answered it after he recognized the caller ID, which name was dancing on his phone screen.

“Hello, grandma,” he greeted right away.

“Byung-hee! Come over here, quickly. I don’t know how long I can stop your dad. Yoon-hee can be badly hurt,” she said, all terrified and trembled. After her long and quick sentences, he could hear his father’s voice and his sister’s cries.

“Aish,” he snorted as he ran as fast as he can to the direction which he familiar with.

The guys, his friends, were looking at each other in question, following by Ji-hyuk, who was shrugging at them.

==========

He barged into the house as his father was clearly hitting Yoon-hee, as all he could see on her face were fears, tears and cuts. He pushed away his father, who smelled like he was bathed in some alcoholic pool.

“Find someone on your size and fight!” he shouted as he pulled Yoon-hee into his arms.

His father was clearly angry and walked closer, wanting to beat the hell out of both of his children.

“Ya, you two, get out from here, now!” the old lady said, as she pushed the two, passed the front door, into the alley.

She locked the door from outside and all they could hear from then was the man’s knocking, beating the door and shouting like maniac.

“Take Yoon-hee with you. Don’t come back for some time,” the old lady said, as she calmed down. “Take this,” she continued as she shoved a bag to them.

She walked back into the house, gesturing them to quickly go before she opened back the front door.

Byung-hee took the bag on his left hand, while keeping the trembled Yoon-hee on his right arm. He led her, towards the place where he stayed and lived.