Chapter 6

Summer Bliss

Identity

 

 

 

 

 

I thought everything was in proper places and this almost perfect life will last forever

but they are right... forever is just a word.

I woke up the following day overhearing my umma and appa talking with mrs.choi. I slowly walk towards them hiding behind the big oakwood shelf that my Appa carved himself and the next thing I heard broke my heart. Tomorrow, Siwon and his parents will fly back to Korea for good.

 

"Yoona..." I turned around to see Siwon, looking at me. His face creased with worry.

 

I smiled at him bitterly "So when's your flight?"  I tried to look at him straight to his face but it really hurts just to know that he's keeping this matter a big secret from me. If only I've known that he's going away soon, things might change. I won't be like this. I won't be hurting like this.

 

He grabbed my hand and took me outside.

 

"What are we doing here? Why are you holding mr bear?" I asked him.

 

He smiled at me and pulled me to the swing. Then he put mr. bear in my lap.

 

And right that moment, Siwon promised me that he will come back after four years.

 

x

 

I was fifteen when my parents decided to go back home and when I say home, It means Korea. They say that they have some important matters to take care of and I was so ecstatic to come with them because firstly, I have the chance to meet Siwon and lastly, I've never been in Korea.

 

Sadly, my parents are tad serious about me finishing my studies here. They say that in two years I will graduate from high school and I need to study for the entrance exams for college so I need to stay here in Canada.

 

Against my will, they left me here. They made me stay in a boarding school while our house is empty.

 

But I met seventeen year old Jessica unnie. She's in her last year of high school. Jessica unnie was the prettiest girl I ever met. Big eyes, long eyelashes, Brown curly luscious hair, She has the greatest to-die-for legs. In short, she's every guys dream but she was dubbed as the ice princess because she was so cold to others. She doesn't care about other people. All the guys trying to hook up with her was all blown away in a dusk because she's so brutal breaking their hearts.

 

She was actually a softie. We just..Clicked. just like that. She was like an older sister with a twist. Jessica like my umma, she loves dressing me up. No wonder she became a fashion design student and now at the age of seventeen I was an incoming college freshman studying economics.

 

"We don't have any milk left Yoona." Jessica unnie said as she took out a bottle of watter outside the fridge. It's her daily ritual of drinking milk. Maybe that's the reason for her long legs and creamy complexion.

 

"Oh… sorry. I forgot to tell you." I said apologetically. She went beside me and pinch me in the face like the old times. "I'm older than you but look who's the one who's forgetting the slightest things. You should drink a memory enhancer or something." She jokingly said.

"Aw..stop it." I touched my face and pouted. Jessica loves teasing me.

 

"I'll go and shop while you better suit up because you're getting late." and with that Jessica  winked at me and waved goodbye. Leaving me in a hurry because I almost forget summer school starts today.

 

I ran as fast as I can.

 

I left a bowl of milk and a couple of catfood for Chacha, My snobbish pet cat. I hope her paws won't touch anything especially that guy's fancy looking camera.

Three days ago, I woke up with someone besides me. The whole entire female human species will be delighted to wake up in the morning with a guy like him and I bet they will die of envy when I, Im Yoona slept beside him.

 

x

 

            After class, I found my self lying underneath the shade of a huge tree. Armed with my favorite book, a cold lemonade juice and a piece of cinnamon roll. I started to relax. It became a hobby of me to hang out in the park here in my own little happy place faraway from the people. Only me knows this secluded place and I treat this my treasure because the view from here of the vast lake is superb and very relaxing

“Ahhh! So boring” I yawn.

“Then come with me” a low and y voice  exclaimed

           Chills run down to my spine. That voice is familiar. I sit up and turned my eyes to see a guy leaning in the tree, wearing a black v-neck long sleeve with khaki shorts and gray plain vans. He’s wearing black ray ban sunglasses and he looks so dangerously beautiful.

Oh bloody no.

The devil is here.