Ch1

Escaping the Past

 

               Key sat there with his legs dangling off of the side of his bed. He kicked his legs, back and forth. It was as if he was test whether the bed would last or not. He started to bounce lightly. He felt each small spring push him back up. He loved how the pillow top cushioned him, just like a marshmallow. He never had a bed like this one before! This was a new treat. His previous bed reeked with the scent of sewage. You had to be careful on it or else a spring would’ve stabbed you at any second. When he used to lie on the mattress, he felt each individual coil on every inch of his body.

                He fell back into the soft mattress. His eyes widened as he looked up at the ceiling. It was beautiful! The ceiling was and off white with sponged pastel colors. The warmth of the bed enveloped him. His eyes began to droop. He drifted off to sleep.

                Key started running, faster and faster. It seemed like his feet couldn’t carry him fast enough. They were after him. The terror rushed through him. He didn’t want to look back, what if they caught him?! His breathing was erratic. He turned the corner and slipped in a puddle. CRASH. He felt rough calloused hands grip tightly around his thin delicate wrists.

                Keys eyes opened quickly. His body was drenched in sweat. I don’t wanna remember. He gripped the sides of his head, lacing his fingers through his hair. His hand violently trembled. His whole body shook. He reached down and touched his wrist. It truly felt like the captor had bruised on of his wrists. He sat there for a few moments longer contemplating what he should do. Maybe a shower will help me. He went to his suit case, and started to dig around for some clothes. For the first time he looked around the room. It was quite simple, but pretty. There was a pale green dresser, as wide –translucent- yellow- walk-in closet, a baby blue desk, and a lavender night stand. How did they know I like color? He smiled at the kindness of the owners of his new found home.

                 He finally grabbed a long t-shirt and boxers. He walked into the restroom and the shower. Slowly a warm cloud of steam rose. He painstakingly peeled off his clothing, piece by piece. First the pants, then the shirt, and finally his pink boxers. He slid into the shower. The scalding water hit his pale skin. He lightly splashed water on his skin. His hands glided down what used to be smooth skin. He slowly closed his eyes, remembering how his tormenters created each laceration on his body. Thankfully they didn’t touch his face, neck, collar bones, or shoulder blades.

                  He stepped out of the shower careful not to slip. It wasn’t that he was afraid of falling; he was just scared of making too much noise. He started towel off. He moved towards the mirror. He looked in it for the first time in years. He looked about 19, but he wasn’t sure because he had lost track of time during his imprisonment. He couldn’t recognize himself. This person in front of him; with cat-like eyes, pouty, pink, cupid’s bow lips, and semi long, shaggy, chocolate, brown hair, who was this person? He held his hand up to the mirror, softly putting his hands to its surface afraid that it might disappear. Then he poked his reflection, letting out a giggle. He was shocked by the awkward curve on his lips. Is this really me? He played with the mirror for about 15 more minutes, then he finally got dressed. He headed towards the hallway. He treaded down the stairs, but halted into a stop. 

 

Hey guys! So this is my first chaptered fic attempt. I hope you all like it. Critism would be greatly appreciated! I hope you guys will comment :). Let me know if i should continue it. Thank you for reading

~ilovekeykimkibum